Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: compile a shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting compile a shell script Post 302268667 by panyam on Tuesday 16th of December 2008 05:37:40 AM
Old 12-16-2008
no i can't go for Shc as it is not installed and i am not sure whether it is supported by ksh...

Any other way ?...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compile a stored procedure that is there with in a script file(.sql) in unix

Hi, How can i compile the procedure code that is there in a script file (.sql) in unix. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - Bug: A script to compile two types of data files into two temporary files

Dear other forum members, I'm writing a script for my homework, but I'm scratching all over my head and still can't figure out what I did wrong. Please help me. I just started to learn about bash scripting, and I appreciate if anyone of you can point out my errors. I thank you in advance. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilove2smoke
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to compile Shell Script

Hi there, I have written the shell script to illustrate arithmetic operations using case command as shown below: #!/bin/bash echo -n "Enter any two numbers :" read a read b MENU=" Select any one option 1) Addition 2) Substraction 3) Multiplication 4) Division 5) Quit" clear $x=0;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grc
5 Replies

4. Programming

Makefile includes and shell environment during compile

Below is the top of my Makefile. On one machine, I have mysql_config5, and another, I have mysql_config. In my .bashrc file of one UNIX machine, I added an alias so that that mysql_config5 is mysql_config, however, when I do make, it doesn't use that environment and I get compile errors, unless I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pyramation
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling gcc to compile make to compile yaboot

I have just installed OpenBSD on a 333MHz PPC iMac G3. It has a 6GB HDD that has been partitioned as 1GB MacOS 8.5.1, 3GB MacOS X 10.3.9, 2GB OpenBSD 4.8. I now need to install a bootloader so that my computer can recognize the OpenBSD partition at startup. I have been trying to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: t04st3r
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to compile multiple .c files with some options

I'm trying to write a bash script and call it "compile" such that running it allows me to compile multiple files with the options "-help," "-backup," and "-clean". I've got the code for the options written, i just can't figure out how to read the input string and then translate that into option... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: travis.batzer
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compile or debug line by line in shell script?

I know about bash -x, set -x and -v but disappears from Command Line Interface in fraction of second ...... I am looking for a command or script ..complies each line and shows the output after executing each line ....( similar what we have in C ) Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why doesn't this Bash shell compile directories?

Hello I'm having a problem trying to get this Bash shell program to function properly. Purpose: In the current directory, more into the sub-directories and compile the .c files. Heres my code: #!/bin/bash wd=$(pwd) for i do cd ${i} gcc *.c cd $wd done Then I save it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphy
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass shell script variable to awk command in same shell script

I have a shell script (.sh) and I want to pass a parameter value to the awk command but I am getting exception, please assist. diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashunayak
2 Replies

10. Programming

How to compile .sh script using g++?

Hi guys, Can you please help with compiling 123.sh file using g++? The idea is to make 123.sh not readable (make it kind of binary). Is there any idea ho to achieve this? (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
18 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD