Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: compile a shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting compile a shell script Post 302268644 by zaxxon on Tuesday 16th of December 2008 04:28:11 AM
Old 12-16-2008
Get shc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compile a stored procedure that is there with in a script file(.sql) in unix

Hi, How can i compile the procedure code that is there in a script file (.sql) in unix. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - Bug: A script to compile two types of data files into two temporary files

Dear other forum members, I'm writing a script for my homework, but I'm scratching all over my head and still can't figure out what I did wrong. Please help me. I just started to learn about bash scripting, and I appreciate if anyone of you can point out my errors. I thank you in advance. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilove2smoke
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to compile Shell Script

Hi there, I have written the shell script to illustrate arithmetic operations using case command as shown below: #!/bin/bash echo -n "Enter any two numbers :" read a read b MENU=" Select any one option 1) Addition 2) Substraction 3) Multiplication 4) Division 5) Quit" clear $x=0;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grc
5 Replies

4. Programming

Makefile includes and shell environment during compile

Below is the top of my Makefile. On one machine, I have mysql_config5, and another, I have mysql_config. In my .bashrc file of one UNIX machine, I added an alias so that that mysql_config5 is mysql_config, however, when I do make, it doesn't use that environment and I get compile errors, unless I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pyramation
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling gcc to compile make to compile yaboot

I have just installed OpenBSD on a 333MHz PPC iMac G3. It has a 6GB HDD that has been partitioned as 1GB MacOS 8.5.1, 3GB MacOS X 10.3.9, 2GB OpenBSD 4.8. I now need to install a bootloader so that my computer can recognize the OpenBSD partition at startup. I have been trying to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: t04st3r
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to compile multiple .c files with some options

I'm trying to write a bash script and call it "compile" such that running it allows me to compile multiple files with the options "-help," "-backup," and "-clean". I've got the code for the options written, i just can't figure out how to read the input string and then translate that into option... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: travis.batzer
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compile or debug line by line in shell script?

I know about bash -x, set -x and -v but disappears from Command Line Interface in fraction of second ...... I am looking for a command or script ..complies each line and shows the output after executing each line ....( similar what we have in C ) Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why doesn't this Bash shell compile directories?

Hello I'm having a problem trying to get this Bash shell program to function properly. Purpose: In the current directory, more into the sub-directories and compile the .c files. Heres my code: #!/bin/bash wd=$(pwd) for i do cd ${i} gcc *.c cd $wd done Then I save it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphy
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass shell script variable to awk command in same shell script

I have a shell script (.sh) and I want to pass a parameter value to the awk command but I am getting exception, please assist. diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashunayak
2 Replies

10. Programming

How to compile .sh script using g++?

Hi guys, Can you please help with compiling 123.sh file using g++? The idea is to make 123.sh not readable (make it kind of binary). Is there any idea ho to achieve this? (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
18 Replies
shcomp(1)							   User Commands							 shcomp(1)

NAME
shcomp - compile a ksh93 shell script SYNOPSIS
shcomp [-nv] [infile [outfile]] shcomp -D [infile [outfile]] DESCRIPTION
If the -D option is not specified, shcomp takes a shell script, infile, and creates a binary format file, outfile, that ksh93 reads and executes with the same effect as the original script. Aliases are processed as the script is read. Alias definitions whose value requires variable expansion will not work correctly. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -D Generate a list of strings that need to be placed in a message catalog for internationalization. --dictionary With this option, all double quoted strings that are preceded by $ are printed, one literal per line. A literal $"foo" prints "foo" in the output. These are the messages that need to be translated to locale specific versions for internation- alization. -n Display warning messages for obsolete or non-conforming constructs. --noexec -v Display input from infile onto standard error as it reads it. --verbose OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: infile Specifies the name of the file that contains the shell script to be used as input. If infile is omitted, the shell script is read from standard input. outfile Specifies the name of the output file. If outfile is omitted, both modes write their results to standard output. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The command-line interface and the system variables are Committed. The compiled shell code format is Private. The output of the -D option is Volatile. SEE ALSO
ksh93(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 27 Jan 2009 shcomp(1)