Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to know the global zonename from non-global zone? Post 302268422 by honglus on Monday 15th of December 2008 05:39:48 PM
Old 12-15-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by incredible
Yup correct jlliagre Smilie I forgot that its just global.. Was thinking something else. my mistake..Smilie
Your interpretation is correct, I want to know about non-global zones parent information, Since its name is always global, how to get its ip?

The reason is that i can jump to its global zone to halt the non-global zone in case it freezes.

/etc/zones only have 1 index file in non-global zone. I doesn't has information about global zone.

thx

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

[b]How to mount a folder from global zone to non global zone??

Hi All There is one folder in global zone I just want to share the same folder innon global zone. How can i do it? pls send me script for this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How can we copy a directory from Global to Non-global zone?

Hi All, How can we copy a directory from global zone to non-global zone using SCP command? (8 Replies)
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Is there two different kernel`s running in global and non global zone?

Hi All, I want to know for non global zone there will be different kernal running? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to access ENV variables of non global zones in global zone???

Hi Guys, My requirement is I have file called /opt/orahome/.profile in non global zone. PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:. export PATH PS1="\${ORACLE_SID}:`hostname`:\$PWD$ " export PS1 EDITOR=vi export EDITOR ENV=/opt/orahome/.kshrc export ENV... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Solaris

how to add a default gateway in a zone of different VLAN of global zone

Hi Greetings... I have an issue in connecting the zone from outside the network and it is because of default gateway. I can ping default gateway from inside the zone and not able to ping from global zone due to different VLAN issue. If i add two different gateways and restart network services,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvpotugunta
2 Replies

6. Solaris

showing 2 different time zones in global zone and nonglobal zone

can some one help me out as it is showing 2 different time zones in global zone and nonglobal zone .In global zone it is showing in GMT while in nonglobal zone i it showing as PDT. System in running with solaris 10 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravijanjanam12
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Global and non-global zone resource sharing - tricky

hi all, Just a simple question but i cant get the answers in the book - In my globalzone , assuming i have 4 cpus (psrinfo -pv = 0-3), if i set dedicated-cpu (ncpus=2) for my local zone Is my globalzone left with 2 cpus or still 4 cpus ? Does localzone "resource reservation.e.g. cpu in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Date and time change in global and non global zone

Hi, If I change date and time in global zone, then it will affect in non global zones. During this process what files will get affect in non global zones and which mechanism it's using to change. gloabl zone:Solaris 11.3 X86 TIA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 zone has no external network access (except to Global Zone)

Hi, hoping someone can help, its been a while since I used Solaris. After creating a NGZ (non global zone), the NGZ can access the GZ (Global Zone) and the GZ can access the NGZ (using ssh, zlogin) However, the NGZ cannot access any other netwqork devices, it can't even see the default router ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GazinLincoln
2 Replies
lx(5)							Standards, Environments, and Macros						     lx(5)

NAME
lx - Linux branded zone DESCRIPTION
The lx brand uses the branded zones framework described in brands(5) to enable Linux binary applications to run unmodified on a machine with a Solaris Operating System kernel. The lx brand includes the tools necessary to install a CentOS 3.x or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.x distribution inside a non-global zone. The brand supports the execution of 32-bit Linux applications on x86/x64 machines running the Solaris system in either 32-bit or 64-bit mode. Supported Linux Distributions The lx brand emulates the system call interfaces provided by the Linux 2.4.21 kernel, as modified by Red Hat in the RHEL 3.x distributions. This kernel provides the system call interfaces consumed by the glibc version 2.3.2 released by Red Hat. In addition, the lx brand partially emulates the Linux /dev and /proc interfaces. Configuration and Administration The lx brand supports the whole root non-global zone model. All of the required linux packages are installed into the private file systems of the zone. The zonecfg(1M) utility is used to configure an lx branded zone. Once a branded zone has been installed, that zone's brand cannot be changed or removed. The zoneadm(1M) utility is used to report the zone's brand type and administer the zone. The zlogin(1) utility is used to log in to the zone. Application Support The lx zone only supports user-level Linux applications. You cannot use Linux device drivers, Linux kernel modules, or Linux file systems from inside an lx zone. You cannot add any non-standard Solaris devices to a Linux zone. Any attempt to do so will result in a zone that zonecfg(1M) will refuse to verify. You cannot run Solaris applications inside an lx zone. Solaris debugging tools such as DTrace (see dtrace(1M)) and mdb (see mdb(1)) can be applied to Linux processes executing inside the zone, but the tools themselves must be running in the global zone. Any core files generated are produced in the Solaris format, and such files can only be debugged with Solaris tools. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWlxr, SUNWlxu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdb(1), zlogin(1), zonename(1), dtrace(1M), zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), brands(5), zones(5), lx_systrace(7D) SunOS 5.11 19 Sep 2006 lx(5)