Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Crontab job to run every sunday Post 302268403 by Autocross.US on Monday 15th of December 2008 03:39:04 PM
Old 12-15-2008
The syntax is correct for the job. Have you checked the cron log for any leads on what might be causing the problem?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron job -- to execute at every first Sunday of every month

Dear all How can I schedule the cronjob to be run sometime at every first Sunday at every month? I have the edit the cronjob every month now, thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanemcmahon
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Run crontab job problem

I hv a crontab job (script) that can be run normally , now I try to run it on the shell but can't be run , can advise what is difference between run a script on crontab and run it manually ? is it the difference of system enviornment ?thx I tried to fix it by below method , I write a script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
3 Replies

3. AIX

Crontab job on sunday with two week interval

Hi experts, Please help me to set a backup script run at 6AM on Sunday every two week It means the 1st sunday, run script backup at 6AM the 2nd sunday, skip the 3rd sunday, run script backup at 6AM the 4nd sunday, skip ... so on Thank you so much (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tan.pham
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab does not run "root" job

hi, I've read different posts regarding crontab but none helped out...the shell scrip that I want to run through crontab gets run through crontab when I use the following crontab statement: 13 17 * * * /usr/net/gcc/DBdrop.sh > /usr/net/gcc/DBdrop.log 2>&1 but it does not run when I scheduel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux0004
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab running every alternative sunday

Hi, I want to run a script starting this 28 Mar 2010 every alternative sunday. Can you give me the crontab entry for the same. Mine is a HP unix. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run script on every second sunday

I was to schedule a script in a crontab after every 15 days specically on every 2nd Sunday. I know that i can schedule on basis of weekdays, but can it be done by skipping in between???:wall: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: masquerer
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Autosys job run on Sunday

Hi, I need to create a autosys job which will run on every sunday at 7:30 AM NY time for each 10 min interval of time. days_of_week: su start_mins: 0,10,20,30,40,50 run_window:"07:30" Is it fine? Please help Thanks, Anup (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Run a job every hour without using crontab

Hi, Can anyone help me in finding how to run a specific job every hour without using crontab. Say for example i need to run a command ps -aux in the starting of every hour.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: glv
3 Replies

9. AIX

job run before schedule on crontab

Guys, yesterday i just make a script with email as a result and put them into crontab, it will execute on 23.33. Today, i recieved email from system twice as result the script. the first email send at 23.02 and the second send at 23.33 how is the script execute two times ? the first job run... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: michlix
6 Replies

10. AIX

cron job on 3rd sunday of every month

Hi, Actually scheduled my test scripts on test severs as shown below. They are supposed to run on 3rd sunday of every month. Unfortunately it ran on 2nd sunday of the month (suspecting that it will run every sunday). I am sorry if I miss something. Could you please let me know if I did any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
1 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)