Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find what process on port number Post 302267376 by mr_andrew on Friday 12th of December 2008 08:40:09 AM
Old 12-12-2008
Thanks a lot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

To find pid from port number

Hi, I am working on HP-UX Release 11i. I want to find the process id (PID) of the process running on a particular port. lsof command fuser does not work on this system. Please suggest some alternative. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmat
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find the port number of the oracle process

Hi Unix Gurus, Can we find out the port number used by the oracle process is running.I tried to search the forum but coudnt find. Can anyone help me out with the command (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thana
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to find the process that is using the port 80 and apache server.

How to find the process that is using the port 80 and apache server. When i used the command 'netstat -a|grep 80' it given that port 80 is in listening mode. I had used the following command: telnet localhost 80 GET / I had got some HTML script. But when I accessed the GUI ( url is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshikrishnab
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find out unix port number

Please could some advise me the command to find out the unix port number. regards venhart (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find port number being used by a given process id

Unix gurus, I have a requirement wherein I want to find the port number for a given process id. Is it possible? If so how? TIA, Regards, Praveen (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunpraveen
3 Replies

6. AIX

How to find what process is using a port in AIX 5L and above.

There have been a lot of threads about how to find processes that are using a specific port on an AIX server. After long hours of research and reading countless "you can't do that" responses, I finally found the answer. YES IT CAN BE DONE! YES ITS EASY. NO, I DON'T KNOW WHY NO ONE GETS THIS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
2 Replies

7. Solaris

To get process id for port number

Hi All, How to get the list of port numbers and it is correspoding proceses id that are currently running on. Please suggest and it is urgent Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
7 Replies

8. IP Networking

Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port)

i want to kill a tcp connection by killing its pid with netstat -an i got the tcp ip connection on port 5914 but when i type ps -a or ps-e there is not such process running on port 5914 is it possible that because i do not log on with proper user account i can not see that process running? (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinamadchian
30 Replies

9. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Getting correct port number from process id

Hi All, i am trying to find the Jobss port number(either default port number or any other port number assigned) from the running process id. But it's giving me multiple port numbers when searching with netstat command. Can someone help me in finding the correct port number from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
3 Replies
pbmreduce(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)