Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C program using IPC (inter process communication) Post 302267283 by jim mcnamara on Friday 12th of December 2008 04:35:59 AM
Old 12-12-2008
Read Chapter 5 on interprocess communication:
Download Advanced Linux Programming

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Inter Process Communication

unix IPC i would like to know the method of usage of semaphores on shared memory segments the topic seems very difficult to understand mainly when difrent proceses communicate instantly and how do i avaoid deadlock situation (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamathanil
2 Replies

2. Programming

Communication between a java and c++ program

Hi, I have the following problem. I have 2 programs, a java program and a c++ program. These 2 programs have to communicate with each other in full duplex mode. I want to use pipes for this communication. So when the c++ program pust something on the stdout the java program must be able to read... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmnt22
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Inter Process File Handling Problem

Hi All, i am running a oracle procedure which writes a file . The same file is picked up by another script which runs in a cron after every 5 minutes. Now the problem is that sometimes my script picks up a file while the procedure is still writing data in the file. is there is any way i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhjain
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Inter-process communication:pipes,doors,etc.

Hi, I am thinking about writing a log daemon for a multi-processed ksh application (yes - I know that high-level language would be a better option). My question is as follows: If many processes (many scripts) will try writing to a single log file: print "message" > common.log Will it work or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adderek
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Possible to link an IPC Sempahore to a process ID?

Hi, Anyone knows whether it is possible to link/relate an IPC semaphore to a particular process ID? e.g. # ipcs -as IPC status from <running system> as of Wednesday July 2 14:10:39 EST 2008 T ID KEY MODE OWNER GROUP CREATOR CGROUP NSEMS OTIME CTIME... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solarius
8 Replies

6. Programming

help with write-read locks inter-process

I need help!Many Thanks! Now,I try to manage the shared memory inter-process . Inevitably,I have to deal with the synchronous. I know the pthread_rwlock in posix,and I compile ,then run successfully in Red Hat Enterprise 4. I have a doubt about whether the Posix supports the system such as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: weizh
1 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Inter-shell communication

If I open two bash shells and telnet from Shell 2 to a remote server (on the Net), is there a way to direct input from Shell 1 to the telnet shell? The telnet shell is a limited environment with a specific command set. I want to direct commands from Shell 1 and, if possible, put 1-second... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xinUoG
2 Replies

8. Programming

IPC - pipes between parent and child process

Hi guys, I'm having some problem here, I'm studying pipes, and i want to create a shell in C and at this point a don't want to use semaphores, instead I want to use tricks. Straight to the doubt: I've a parent and a child process, and both of them has some code to execute, and the child process... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharaoh
5 Replies

9. Programming

please help a problem in client-server ipc message 2 pipes communication simple example

I want to have a message send & receive through 2 half-duplex pipes Flow of data top half pipe stdin--->parent(client) fd1--->pipe1-->child(server) fd1 bottom half pipe child(server) fd2---->pipe2--->parent(client) fd2--->stdout I need to have boundary structed message... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ouou
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

communication between shell and and a demon 'c' program

Hello, i have a demon 'c' program that have a dynamic table of logic registers ( 2000 variables ). exemple of registers: I1.34.5 M23.4.1 I want from shell acess to this table of registers. How can i do this? with something like for read I1.34.5: #cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rzyz
3 Replies
URL(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    URL(4)

NAME
url -- Realtek RTL8150L USB Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
url* at uhub? urlphy* at mii? DESCRIPTION
The url driver provides support for USB Ethernet adapters based on the Realtek RTL8150L USB-ether bridge chip. The url driver supports the following adapters: CompUSA USBKR100 GreenHouse GH-USB100B Melco Inc. LUA-KTX Sitecom LN013 For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). DIAGNOSTICS
url%d: watchdog timeout A packet was queued for transmission and a transmit command was issued, however the device failed to acknowledge the transmission before a timeout expired. url%d: no memory for rx list The driver failed to allocate an mbuf for the receiver ring. SEE ALSO
arp(4), mii(4), netintro(4), usb(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The url device driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.6. AUTHORS
The url driver was written by Shingo WATANABE <nabe@nabechan.org>. BSD
September 18, 2006 BSD