Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C program using IPC (inter process communication) Post 302267283 by jim mcnamara on Friday 12th of December 2008 04:35:59 AM
Old 12-12-2008
Read Chapter 5 on interprocess communication:
Download Advanced Linux Programming

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Inter Process Communication

unix IPC i would like to know the method of usage of semaphores on shared memory segments the topic seems very difficult to understand mainly when difrent proceses communicate instantly and how do i avaoid deadlock situation (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamathanil
2 Replies

2. Programming

Communication between a java and c++ program

Hi, I have the following problem. I have 2 programs, a java program and a c++ program. These 2 programs have to communicate with each other in full duplex mode. I want to use pipes for this communication. So when the c++ program pust something on the stdout the java program must be able to read... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmnt22
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Inter Process File Handling Problem

Hi All, i am running a oracle procedure which writes a file . The same file is picked up by another script which runs in a cron after every 5 minutes. Now the problem is that sometimes my script picks up a file while the procedure is still writing data in the file. is there is any way i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhjain
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Inter-process communication:pipes,doors,etc.

Hi, I am thinking about writing a log daemon for a multi-processed ksh application (yes - I know that high-level language would be a better option). My question is as follows: If many processes (many scripts) will try writing to a single log file: print "message" > common.log Will it work or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adderek
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Possible to link an IPC Sempahore to a process ID?

Hi, Anyone knows whether it is possible to link/relate an IPC semaphore to a particular process ID? e.g. # ipcs -as IPC status from <running system> as of Wednesday July 2 14:10:39 EST 2008 T ID KEY MODE OWNER GROUP CREATOR CGROUP NSEMS OTIME CTIME... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solarius
8 Replies

6. Programming

help with write-read locks inter-process

I need help!Many Thanks! Now,I try to manage the shared memory inter-process . Inevitably,I have to deal with the synchronous. I know the pthread_rwlock in posix,and I compile ,then run successfully in Red Hat Enterprise 4. I have a doubt about whether the Posix supports the system such as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: weizh
1 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Inter-shell communication

If I open two bash shells and telnet from Shell 2 to a remote server (on the Net), is there a way to direct input from Shell 1 to the telnet shell? The telnet shell is a limited environment with a specific command set. I want to direct commands from Shell 1 and, if possible, put 1-second... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xinUoG
2 Replies

8. Programming

IPC - pipes between parent and child process

Hi guys, I'm having some problem here, I'm studying pipes, and i want to create a shell in C and at this point a don't want to use semaphores, instead I want to use tricks. Straight to the doubt: I've a parent and a child process, and both of them has some code to execute, and the child process... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharaoh
5 Replies

9. Programming

please help a problem in client-server ipc message 2 pipes communication simple example

I want to have a message send & receive through 2 half-duplex pipes Flow of data top half pipe stdin--->parent(client) fd1--->pipe1-->child(server) fd1 bottom half pipe child(server) fd2---->pipe2--->parent(client) fd2--->stdout I need to have boundary structed message... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ouou
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

communication between shell and and a demon 'c' program

Hello, i have a demon 'c' program that have a dynamic table of logic registers ( 2000 variables ). exemple of registers: I1.34.5 M23.4.1 I want from shell acess to this table of registers. How can i do this? with something like for read I1.34.5: #cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rzyz
3 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)