Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Can I use the "yum" command on ubuntu? Post 302267211 by yunikes on Thursday 11th of December 2008 10:32:26 PM
Old 12-11-2008
Can I use the "yum" command on ubuntu?

Hi,all
I like use this command very much,can I use on ubuntu?and how to do?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

The "PS" command was displaying*terminals named as "SYSCON"

Hi, When typing the command ps -fe.the system is showing a process called SYSCON:confused:.... I am not sure what process is that.I hava a script that kills all command staring with 'sys' but i don't want to kill syscon:( since i think it is some system process:confused: .Please help me to find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiranjose85
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to install "source" command!/ broken "login.cl"!

Hello, I am new to this forums and this is my first "asking help" message! i have 2 problems: 1- for unknown reasons the "source" command is not avalable in my system (UBUNTU). i can't either see it in my bin directory! 2- again for unknown reasons the "login.cl" file in the home... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: astrosona
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explanation of "total" field in "ls -l" command output

When I do a listing in one particular directory (ls -al) I get: total 43456 drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4096 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3701594 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3108510 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3070580 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3099733 -rwxrwxr-x 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
seeded-in-ubuntu(1)					      General Commands Manual					       seeded-in-ubuntu(1)

NAME
seeded-in-ubuntu - Determine whether a package is safe to upload during a freeze SYNOPSIS
seeded-in-ubuntu [options] package... DESCRIPTION
Lists all the current daily images containing the specified packages. Or whether the package is part of the supported seed. If it isn't on an image, it should be safe to upload. During the final freeze, one should avoid packages in the supported seed too. An index of the current manifests is downloaded from UbuntuWire. OPTIONS
-b, --binary The packages specified are binary packages. This is faster than source packages, as otherwise we must query LP to determine the binary packages that every specified source package builds. -u URL, --data-url=URL URL for index of seeded packages. Default: UbuntuWire's service at http://qa.ubuntuwire.org/ubuntu-seeded-packages/seeded.json.gz. -h, --help Display a help message and exit EXAMPLES
All the images that contain unity: seeded-in-ubuntu -b unity AUTHORS
seeded-in-ubuntu and this manpage were written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the ISC License. ubuntu-dev-tools December 2011 seeded-in-ubuntu(1)