Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers create and load my own .profile Post 302266783 by Yogesh Sawant on Thursday 11th of December 2008 03:58:02 AM
Old 12-11-2008
in your home directory, create a file named .bash_profile (using emacs, vi, or any other editor that you have)
This User Gave Thanks to Yogesh Sawant For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

[NewBie] Create User Profile

Hi i am a newbie on Sun Solaris system. for the above topic, creating a user profile for telnet, ftp through command line, may i know what the command is? and the way of creating the user profile.? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yewping
2 Replies

2. Solaris

how I create my .profile

Hello Sir, I m new user in unix.Please help me to create my dot profile. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nirmal
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I get sudo -u <username> to load that users profile on HP-UX

I am running a serverapplication on a HP-UX machine where I need to handle some of the commands as a specified user called "druser". When I log on as this user with the command; sudo -u druser -sit starts an instance of the shell as that user. However, it doesn't load that users .profile from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ukiome
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to create disk load

friends , need a shell script to create a disk load. can any one pls guide me with how this can be implemented. Pls provide the concept. from there i will try to design my script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: achak01
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permit sftp load /etc/profile on AIX6.1

Hi, I've set on /etc/profile: TMOUT=3600 readonly TMOUT It seems to work when I connect using ssh client, putty for example, but not when connect through sftp. What am I missing on sshd configuration? regards Israel. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Firefox create new profile in non default location

Could someone please explain how to setup a new firefox profile in non default location from the command line? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a list of load averages

`/proc/loadavg` give me three indicators of how much work the system has done during the last 1, 5 & 15 minutes. How can i get a list of load averages that each averaged over the last minute for 10 minutes? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navidlog
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh & load custom profile

i've created a custom profile that contains custom functions and alias' etc... it's called .jason_profile currently we ssh to the server then load the profile manually from the cmd line i.e . /home/jack/.jack_profile we want to be able to ssh and source the profile automatically but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack.bauer
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

Create a new user from using existing users profile

Hello, Just wanting to know if it is possible. Also I am new to command line. I am running 5.1b, if that matters. Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcha
10 Replies

10. Red Hat

Connect Direct - XSMG242I -Create user profile - sdsc_create failed

HI, I have two Linux servers on which IBM Sterling ConnectDirect is installed. I want to transfer a file from server(abc20) to abc19. I have edited userfile.cfg & netmap.cfg on both the server still file transfer is not happening. Also the file is getting transferred from abc20 to abc20 itself... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ABM_CD
5 Replies
createhomedir(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 					  createhomedir(1)

NAME
createhomedir -- create and populate home directories on the local computer. SYNOPSIS
createhomedir [-scbalh] [-n directoryDomainName] [-u username] DESCRIPTION
createhomedir provides several options for creating and populating home directories. OPTIONS
-s creates home directories for server home paths only (default). -c creates home directories for local home paths only. -b creates home directories for both server and local home paths. -a creates home directories for users defined in all directory domains of the server's search path. -l creates home directories for users defined in the local directory domain. -n directoryDomainName creates home directories for users defined in a specific directory domain in the server's search path. -u username creates a home directory for a specific user defined in the domain(s) identified in the -a, -l, or -n parameter. If you omit the -a, -l, and -n parameters when you use the -u parameter, -a is assumed. -i reads username list from standard input and creates specified home directories. Each username should be on its own line. -h usage help. FILES
/usr/sbin/createhomedir location of tool CAVEATS
When using the -a option, search limits of various directory servers (such as Open Directory or Active Directory) can prevent all possible home directories from being created. In this case, you may need to specify the usernames explicitly. Mac OS X June 1, 2019 Mac OS X