Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search for a particular file in the server Post 302266066 by venkidhadha on Tuesday 9th of December 2008 10:20:12 AM
Old 12-09-2008
Search for a particular file in the server

I need to search for a particular file pattern in the whole server. In windows we just get into start and then click on search and find the file.

How will search for the particular pattern of file in the whole server. let me know about it.
I tried using the find command will that help or is there any other command which willhelp this purpose.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

use ind command to search files on differnet server

Hi, I am writing script to search the directories on different server. I have 3 servers. eg. ser1, ser2, ser2 find <absolute_path>-type d -user <user_name> -ctime +5 -exec ls -ltd {} \; can someone please suggest me some way how can i use find command for this. i have ssh connectivity... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikash_k
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed help - search/copy from one file and search/paste to another

I am a newbie and would like some help with the following - Trying to search fileA for a string similar to - AS11000022010 30.4 31.7 43.7 53.8 60.5 71.1 75.2 74.7 66.9 56.6 42.7 32.5 53.3 I then want to replace that string with a string from fileB - ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - use search keywords from array and search a file and print 3rd field when matched

Hi , I have been trying to write a perl script to do this job. But i am not able to achieve the desired result. Below is my code. my $current_value=12345; my @users=("bob","ben","tom","harry"); open DBLIST,"<","/var/tmp/DBinfo"; my @input = <DBLIST>; foreach (@users) { my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string within a file and list common words from the line having the search string

Hi, Need your help for this scripting issue I have. I am not really good at this, so seeking your help. I have a file looking similar to this: Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. How are you? Hello, i am human and name=PQRS. I am good. Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. Good bye. Hello, i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer file from server B to server C and running the script on server A

I have 3 servers A, B, C and server B is having some files in /u01/soa/ directory, these files i want to copy to server C, and i want to run the script from server A. Script(Server A) --> Files at Server B (Source server) --> Copy the files to Server C(Target Server). We dont have RSA key... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested search in a file and replace the inner search

Hi Team, I am new to unix, please help me in this. I have a file named properties. The content of the file is : ##Mobile props east.url=https://qa.east.corp.com/prop/end west.url=https://qa.west.corp.com/prop/end south.url=https://qa.south.corp.com/prop/end... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tolearn
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieving the relevant search from search file in the main file

I have two files: file 1: hello.com neo.com,japan.com,example.com news.net xyz.com, telecom.net, highlands.net, software.com example2.com earth.net, abc.gov.uk file 2: neo.com example.com abc.gov.uk file 2 are the search keys to search in file 1 if any of the search... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: csim_mohan
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search file and print everything except multiple search terms

I'm trying to find a way to search a range of similar words in a file. I tried using sed but can't get it right:sed 's/\(ca01\)*//'It only removes "ca01" but leaves the rest of the word. I still want the rest of the information on the lines just not these specific words listed below. Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in search strings from text file, search for string in second text file and output to CSV

Hi guys, I have a text file named file1.txt that is formatted like this: 001 , ID , 20000 002 , Name , Brandon 003 , Phone_Number , 616-234-1999 004 , SSNumber , 234-23-234 005 , Model , Toyota 007 , Engine ,V8 008 , GPS , OFF and I have file2.txt formatted like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: An0mander
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search the multiple strings in app server.log?

Hi Team, Could you please suggest the below requirement. using the below server log, i just want only the order_id with combination of customer name , error code value as 5000111 & amount value using the shell script i tired using the command grep "error_code>50001111"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
6 Replies
INSTR(3)						       MBK UTILITY FUNCTIONS							  INSTR(3)

NAME
instr - find an occurence of a string in a string, starting at a specified character. ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr SYNOPSYS
#include "mut.h" char *instr(s, find, from) char *s, *find, from; PARAMETERS
s Pointer to the string to be searched for the pattern find Pointer to the string to be found, the pattern from Character to be searched backwards before searching for the pattern DESCRIPTION
instr searches the first occurence of the string find in the string s, starting its search at the last occurence of the from character in the string s. If either s or find is NULL, the function returns NULL. If from is (char)0, the pattern is searched from the begining of s. This quite exotic behaviour is useful to search the occurence of a name in a string resulting from a flatten, when only a terminal object name is to be taken into account. RETURN VALUES
instr return NULL either if the pattern find is not present in the searched string s, or if one at least of these two string are NULL. If the pattern is found, a value different from NULL is returned. EXAMPLE
#include "mut.h" /* check for the pattern 'ck' anywhere in the string */ #define contains_ck(name)instr(name, "ck", ' ') /* check for the pattern 'ck' in the signal name, not instance ones */ #define isclock(ptsig) instr(getsigname(ptsig), "ck", SEPAR) SEE ALSO
mbk(1), isvdd(3), isvss(3). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 INSTR(3)