Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris List users who have administrative access Post 302265015 by James777 on Friday 5th of December 2008 11:31:24 AM
Old 12-05-2008
Thankyou all

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating USERs with restricted Access

Hi There, i need to creat USERS in UNIX with restricted access to different directories. for example user1 should have access to dir1 and dir2 user2 should have access to dir2 and dir3 Please help me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramanan25
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Restrict access to specific users.

Hi All! I would like to know if there is any specific way by which I can restrict access to apecific users (ip addresses). OS : Red hat linux Thanks! nua7 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
6 Replies

3. AIX

cloning users access with different user name

Hi! this would be my first time to post here in this forums, hope you can help me with my queries. i would like to create a different user name but have the same access rights. Example: root > rootbaby. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HPL1706
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a list @list by space delimiter so i can access it by using $list[0 ..1..2]

EDIT : This is for perl @data2 = grep(/$data/, @list_now); This gives me @data2 as Printing data2 11 testzone1 running /zones/testzone1 ***-*****-****-*****-***** native shared But I really cant access data2 by its individual elements. $data2 is the entire list, while $data,2,3...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shriyer
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access another users files

Hi, I want to access another users files and directories.Is there any command to do in unix ??.I think CHOWN would work.May i know the exact command for it. Regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: William1482
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel giving access for multiple users to access files

hi all, i want to know y kernel is giving access for multiple users to access a file when one user may be the owner is executing that file. Because other user can manipulate that file when the other user is executing that file, it will give the unexpected result to owner . plz help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyuk
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

access to .beroot for users

Hp info HP-UX tmelps04 B.11.31 U ia64 issue I created a user in his primary group is sysadmin. However when this user executes HPPI he gets shot down because he is not a super user. How do I grant the user permissions to access the beroot script? Sorry, user xxxxxx is not allowed to execute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sctxms
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access rights for users - list

Hi, I would like to retrieve a list of user ids on an AIX server along with the access rights that each id has? Can someone please help me on how this can be achieved? Gayathri (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
3 Replies

9. Solaris

samba read write access to owner and no access to other users

Hi All, I want to configure samba share permission so that only directory creator/owner has a read and write permission and other users should not have any read/write access to that folder.Will that be possible and how can this be achieved within samba configuration. Regards, Sahil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
1 Replies

10. Solaris

How to check sudo access of other users?

Hi, I always use "sudo -U user -l" as root and it gives me list of sudo access, that person have. But on one Solaris server, I can't run it. recently only I installed latest patchset on this server. Not sure, if that changed something on this. However, sudo package is showing old one. # id -a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ron323232
1 Replies
cat(1)								   User Commands							    cat(1)

NAME
cat - concatenate and display files SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/cat /usr/bin/cat [-nbsuvet] [file...] ksh93 cat [-bdenstuvABDEST] [file...] DESCRIPTION
/usr/bin/cat The cat utility reads each file in sequence and writes it on the standard output. Thus: example% cat file prints file on your terminal, and: example% cat file1 file2 >file3 concatenates file1 and file2, and writes the results in file3. If no input file is given, cat reads from the standard input file. ksh93 The cat built-in in ksh93 is associated with the /bin and /usr/bin paths. It is invoked when cat is executed without a pathname prefix and the pathname search finds a /bin/cat or /usr/bin/cat executable. cat copies each file in sequence to the standard output. If no file is specified, or if the file is -, cat copies from standard input starting at the current location. OPTIONS
/usr/bin/cat The following options are supported by /usr/bin/cat: -b Number the lines, as -n, but omit the line numbers from blank lines. -n Precede each line output with its line number. -s cat is silent about non-existent files. -u The output is not buffered. Buffered output is the default. -v Non-printing characters, with the exception of tabs, NEWLINEs and form feeds, are printed visibly. ASCII control characters (octal 000 - 037) are printed as ^n, where n is the corresponding ASCII character in the range octal 100 - 137 (@, A, B, C, . . ., X, Y, Z, [, , ], ^, and _); the DEL character (octal 0177) is printed ^?. Other non-printable characters are printed as M-x, where x is the ASCII character specified by the low-order seven bits. When used with the -v option, the following options can be used: -e A $ character is printed at the end of each line, prior to the NEWLINE. -t Tabs are printed as ^Is and form feeds to be printed as ^Ls. The -e and -t options are ignored if the -v option is not specified. ksh93 ksh93 cat supports the following options: -b --number-nonblank Number lines as with -n but omit line numbers from blank lines. -d --dos-input Open input files in text mode. Removes RETURNs in front of NEWLINEs on some systems. -e Equivalent to -vE. -n --number Insert a line number at the beginning of each line. -s Equivalent to -S for att universe and -B otherwise. -t Equivalent to -vT. -u --unbuffer Do not delay the output by buffering. -v --show-nonprinting Cause non-printing characters (with the exception of TABs, NEWLINEs, and form feeds) to be output as printable character sequences. ASCII control characters are printed as ^n, where n is the corresponding ASCII character in the range octal 100-137. The DEL character (octal 0177) is copied as ^?. Other non-printable characters are copied as M-x where x is the ASCII character specified by the low-order seven bits. Multi-byte characters in the current locale are treated as printable characters. -A --show-all Equivalent to -vET. -B --squeeze-blank Replace multiple adjacent NEWLINE characters with one NEWLINE. -D --dos-output Open output files in text mode. Insert RETURNs in front of NEWLINEs on some systems. -E --show-ends Insert a $ before each NEWLINE. -S --silent cat is silent about non-existent files. -T --show-blank Copies TABs as ^I and form feeds as ^L. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: file A path name of an input file. If no file is specified, the standard input is used. If file is -, cat reads from the standard input at that point in the sequence. cat does not close and reopen standard input when it is referenced in this way, but accepts multiple occurrences of - as file. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of cat when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2^31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1 Concatenating a File The following command writes the contents of the file myfile to standard output: example% cat myfile Example 2 Concatenating Two files into One The following command concatenates the files doc1 and doc2 and writes the result to doc.all. example% cat doc1 doc2 > doc.all Example 3 Concatenating Two Arbitrary Pieces of Input with a Single Invocation When standard input is a terminal, the following command gets two arbitrary pieces of input from the terminal with a single invocation of cat: example% cat start - middle - end > file when standard input is a terminal, gets two arbitrary pieces of input from the terminal with a single invocation of cat. If standard input is a regular file, example% cat start - middle - end > file would be equivalent to the following command: cat start - middle /dev/null end > file because the entire contents of the file would be consumed by cat the first time - was used as a file operand and an end-of-file condition would be detected immediately when -was referenced the second time. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of cat: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LC_MES- SAGES, and NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 All input files were output successfully. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: /usr/bin/cat +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Standard |See standards(5). | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ ksh93 +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The ksh93 built-in binding to /bin and /usr/bin is Volatile. The built-in interfaces are Uncommitted. SEE ALSO
touch(1), attributes(5), environ(5), largefile(5), standards(5) NOTES
Redirecting the output of cat onto one of the files being read causes the loss of the data originally in the file being read. For example, example% cat filename1 filename2 > filename1 causes the original data in filename1 to be lost. SunOS 5.11 8 Apr 2008 cat(1)