Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Creating a new mount point
Operating Systems AIX Creating a new mount point Post 302263903 by dkranes on Tuesday 2nd of December 2008 04:07:23 PM
Old 12-02-2008
I created a filesystem but it is too small. When I tried to increase the size it complained. Using smitty fs:

Quote:
Type or select values in entry fields.
Press Enter AFTER making all desired changes.

[Entry Fields]
File system name /oracle11g
NEW mount point [/oracle11g]
SIZE of file system
Unit Size 512bytes +
Number of units [14155776] #
Mount GROUP []
Mount AUTOMATICALLY at system restart? yes +
PERMISSIONS read/write +
Mount OPTIONS [] +
Start Disk Accounting? no +
Block Size (bytes) 4096
Inline Log? no
Inline Log size (MBytes) [0] #
Extended Attribute Format [v1]
ENABLE Quota Management? no +
Allow Small Inode Extents? no

I received the following error:

0516-404 allocp: This system cannot fulfill the allocation request.
There are not enough free partitions or not enough physical volumes
to keep strictness and satisfy allocation requests. The command
should be retried with different allocation characteristics.

How can I make this much bigger?

I have mounted it but it is much too small.

/dev/fslv07 655360 654932 1% 4 1% /oracle11g

Thank you.

-David

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount point

hi people, I'm trying to create a mount point, but am having no sucess at all, with the following: mount -F ufs /dev/dsk/diskname /newdirectory but i keep getting - mount-point /newdirectory doesn't exist. What am i doing wrong/missing? Thanks Rc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: colesy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

auto mount point

hi can i know what is the command to create auto mount point in my unix server? is there any directory which i have to go? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: legato
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mount point options

Hello all, I'm sharing 1 volume from a Sun Storage array (6130), out to 2 servers. Created a slice on one server and mounted a filesystem. On the other server the disk already sees the created slice from the other server (shared throught the storage array, so mounted this filesystem as well. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunguy222
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Mount Point Sorting?

Dear Gurus, Could it be possible to have the output of df -k sorted? The df -k output messed up after recent power trip. Also, is there any folders that I should look into to reduce the root size (other than /var/adm and /var/crash) after server crash? Many thanks in advance. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honmin
2 Replies

5. AIX

Change Mount point

Deart All, can any one help to do this, i need to change mount point in AIX 6 /opt/OM should be /usr/lpp/OM, how do i do.... Please help me Urgent issue (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gulamibrahim
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Mount point in a server

Hi , How to find out mount point in a server ? OS -- SunOS 5.6 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
4 Replies

7. Solaris

creating single mount point

hi , I am new in this field,we are using solaris 10,we have two unpartation name /dev/md/rdsk/d110 and /dev/md/rdsk/d111 with size 500gb each. Now actually i want to create a single mount point /u06 and assign both 500gb unallocated space to /u06 to became the size 1 terabyte for /u06 mount... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeeshan047
8 Replies

8. Red Hat

NFS mount point

Hi, Can you tell me something about NFS mount point ? Regards, Maddy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
3 Replies

9. AIX

How to change the mount point of LV?

I have situation where my disk upon reboot, has its mount point as # LOGICAL VOLUME: disk4vol VOLUME GROUP: disk4vg LV IDENTIFIER: 00f609aa00004c0000000152414b786c.1 PERMISSION: read/write VG STATE: active/complete LV STATE: closed/syncd TYPE: jfs2 WRITE VERIFY: off MAX LPs: 512 PP SIZE: 512... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point? IN AIX

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point Best if there step that i can follow or execute before i mount or add diskspace IN AIX Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thilagarajan
2 Replies
xfs_freeze(8)                                                 System Manager's Manual                                                xfs_freeze(8)

NAME
xfs_freeze - suspend access to an XFS filesystem SYNOPSIS
xfs_freeze -f | -u mount-point DESCRIPTION
xfs_freeze suspends and resumes access to an XFS filesystem (see xfs(5)). xfs_freeze halts new access to the filesystem and creates a stable image on disk. xfs_freeze is intended to be used with volume managers and hardware RAID devices that support the creation of snapshots. The mount-point argument is the pathname of the directory where the filesystem is mounted. The filesystem must be mounted to be frozen (see mount(8)). The -f flag requests the specified XFS filesystem to be frozen from new modifications. When this is selected, all ongoing transactions in the filesystem are allowed to complete, new write system calls are halted, other calls which modify the filesystem are halted, and all dirty data, metadata, and log information are written to disk. Any process attempting to write to the frozen filesystem will block waiting for the filesystem to be unfrozen. Note that even after freezing, the on-disk filesystem can contain information on files that are still in the process of unlinking. These files will not be unlinked until the filesystem is unfrozen or a clean mount of the snapshot is complete. The -u flag is used to un-freeze the filesystem and allow operations to continue. Any filesystem modifications that were blocked by the freeze are unblocked and allowed to complete. One of -f or -u must be supplied to xfs_freeze. NOTES
A copy of a frozen XFS filesystem will usually have the same universally unique identifier (UUID) as the original, and thus may be pre- vented from being mounted. The XFS nouuid mount option can be used to circumvent this issue. In Linux kernel version 2.6.29, the interface which XFS uses to freeze and unfreeze was elevated to the VFS, so that this tool can now be used on many other Linux filesystems. SEE ALSO
xfs(5), lvm(8), mount(8). xfs_freeze(8)