Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: disk image
Operating Systems Linux disk image Post 302259397 by ZG9 on Tuesday 18th of November 2008 03:13:56 AM
Old 11-18-2008
disk image

when i made image of my fedora9 disk it had 18 GB. my new drive has 60GB. How can i expand the installed image to fit the entire new disk?.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Disk image !!

Hi all, I have a SCSI hard disk drive (2GB) I'm installing on it solaris 5 and some other applications on a sun sparc workstation, I made an image file of this H.D using Norton Ghost 6, then I restored this image file on another H.D.D (4GB), I tried to boot the sun sparc workstation with this new... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wesweshahaha
0 Replies

2. Solaris

How to create a disk image

I have a whole bunch of solaris machines. How do i create an image so i dont have to keep doing a reload and. In the pC world we have ghost what about the solaris world? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
3 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Can't Mount Disk / Image after bad unmount

I have had a little issue with one of my disks, the usb cacble was pulled out and one of the external drives on it would no longer mount. I used First Aid and it verified and repaired both OK / nothing to do). After lots of messing around and not being able to mount I used Drive Genius 2 and that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cranie
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unattended disk image deployment?

Hi I need a system that allows a PC to PXE boot and then fully unattended deploy a diskimage created from a Linux system with identical hardware and then reboot when finished. I have been looking around but have not found a tool that is capable of doing this without too many bells and whistles,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smith0083
2 Replies

5. AIX

DR using a mksysb image on disk.

This may be a dumb question and the more I think about it the worst it seems!! I have inherited some standalone systems where they are using the mksysb command to create a disk file image; this image is then backed up to Networker. My dumb question is how would we go about restoring this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gz3xzf
4 Replies
hdik(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   hdik(8)

NAME
hdik -- lightweight tool to attach and mount disk images in-kernel SYNOPSIS
hdik imagefile [options] DESCRIPTION
hdik is a lightweight tool that can be used to attach disk images in-kernel (i.e. without a user-land process to provide the backing store). Only a subset of disk images can be mounted in this manner including read/write disk images, UDIF disk images that use zlib compression, shadowed disk images, and sparse disk images. hdik is intended for use in situations where linking against the DiskImages framework is problematic or an extremely lightweight mechanism for attaching a disk image is needed. You can specify that the image should not be processed by Disk Arbitration by specifying the -nomount option. You can also specify that the image be mounted with a shadow file by using the -shadow option. The following argument must be specified: imagefile the disk image to be mounted. OPTIONS
-shadow [shadowfile] Use a shadow file in conjunction with the data in the image. This option prevents modification of the original image and allows read-only images to be used as read/write images. When blocks are being read from the image, blocks present in the shadow file override blocks in the base image. When blocks are being written, the writes will be redirected to the shadow file. If not specified, -shadow defaults to <imagename>.shadow. If the shadow file does not exist, it is created. -nomount Suppress automatic mounting of the image or partitions on it. This will result in /dev entries being created, but will not mount any volumes. -drivekey keyname=value Specify a key/value pair for the IOHDIXHDDrive object created (shows up in the IOKit registry of devices which is viewable with ioreg(8)). SEE ALSO
hdiutil(1), diskarbitrationd(8), diskutil(8), ioreg(8) Mac OS X 29 Apr 2003 Mac OS X