Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: disk image
Operating Systems Linux disk image Post 302259397 by ZG9 on Tuesday 18th of November 2008 03:13:56 AM
Old 11-18-2008
disk image

when i made image of my fedora9 disk it had 18 GB. my new drive has 60GB. How can i expand the installed image to fit the entire new disk?.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Disk image !!

Hi all, I have a SCSI hard disk drive (2GB) I'm installing on it solaris 5 and some other applications on a sun sparc workstation, I made an image file of this H.D using Norton Ghost 6, then I restored this image file on another H.D.D (4GB), I tried to boot the sun sparc workstation with this new... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wesweshahaha
0 Replies

2. Solaris

How to create a disk image

I have a whole bunch of solaris machines. How do i create an image so i dont have to keep doing a reload and. In the pC world we have ghost what about the solaris world? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
3 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Can't Mount Disk / Image after bad unmount

I have had a little issue with one of my disks, the usb cacble was pulled out and one of the external drives on it would no longer mount. I used First Aid and it verified and repaired both OK / nothing to do). After lots of messing around and not being able to mount I used Drive Genius 2 and that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cranie
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unattended disk image deployment?

Hi I need a system that allows a PC to PXE boot and then fully unattended deploy a diskimage created from a Linux system with identical hardware and then reboot when finished. I have been looking around but have not found a tool that is capable of doing this without too many bells and whistles,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smith0083
2 Replies

5. AIX

DR using a mksysb image on disk.

This may be a dumb question and the more I think about it the worst it seems!! I have inherited some standalone systems where they are using the mksysb command to create a disk file image; this image is then backed up to Networker. My dumb question is how would we go about restoring this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gz3xzf
4 Replies
MIC-LIVECD-ISO-TO-DISK(1)				      General Commands Manual					 MIC-LIVECD-ISO-TO-DISK(1)

NAME
mic-livecd-iso-to-disk - Convert a livecd image to a live USB image then write to a USB disk or partition SYNOPSIS
mic-livecd-iso-to-disk [--reset-mbr] [--noverify] [--overlay-size-mb <size>] [--home-size-mb <size>] [--unencrypted-home] <isopath> [usbstick device] <isopath> is your livecd image path name, [usbstick device] is optional, if not provided, it will detect automatically and ask you to select. DESCRIPTION
mic-livecd-iso-to-disk can convert a livecd image to a live USB image and write it to a USB disk or partition, it is different from mic- image-writer which is just a safer dd with progress bar. mic-livecd-iso-to-disk can detect all the removable USB disks and let you select one of them, if you didn't insert any USB disk, it will ask you to insert until a USB disk is available, it can decide if your USB disk need to be formated and if your USB disk has an appropriate partition for this livecd image, all the operations are interactive and have warnings f they will damage your old data on your USB disk. mic-image-manager has a GUI tool for it. OPTIONS
--reset-mbr Set MBR on your USB disk --noverify Don't verify your livecd image --overlay-size-mb Specify overlay size, the default size is 64 MB --home-size-mb Specify home size, the default is 0 EXAMPLES
Write a Molib live image to your USB disk: mic-livecd-iso-to-disk your-2.1-final.img EXIT STATUS
mic-livecd-iso-to-disk returns a zero exist status if it succeeds, otherwise return non-zero and print error message. AUTHOR
Yi Yang, Anas Nashif, Jianfeng Ding SEE ALSO
mic-image-creator(1), mic-convertor(1), mic-chroot(1), mic-image-writer(1), mic-image-manager(1) perl v5.12.3 2011-05-31 MIC-LIVECD-ISO-TO-DISK(1)