Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) I have searched, but I am confused Post 302259335 by virgo on Monday 17th of November 2008 11:24:54 PM
Old 11-18-2008
I have searched, but I am confused

Please forgive me if a similar question has already been asked.Smilie

I have searched and found many possible solutions to my query.
I would appreciate it if someone can point me to a thread to accomplish my task.

I am trying to change values from a Master file to a File to be modified

Since there are about thousands of entries, I am trying to do this with a script and not manually.

Here is an example of one such entry.
Master file
Code:
Y:\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Andain\Beautiful Things\04 Beautiful Things (Photon Project remix).mp3	Beautiful Things (Photon Project remix)	Andain	138.00

File to be modified
Code:
<ENTRY MODIFIED_DATE="2008/11/16" MODIFIED_TIME="61889" AUDIO_ID="Ajw83d3d3d3d3d3d3d2p3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3azd3d3d3uuZZmd2VVj///////////////7P///////////////e/////////////////////////////////////////////////WVnd3h3msyqh7uJiM7+3O7cy7eKqqqrzczLu6qs3d3LvN3d7///3v///////////////J///////////////+//////////////////7N7cvszf/v/v7//////////////////////////////////+7/////////////////////////////////////////////////QQAAAA==" TITLE="Beautiful Things (Photon Project remix)" ARTIST="Andain"><LOCATION DIR="/Users/virgo/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Andain/Beautiful Things/" FILE="04 Beautiful Things (Photon Project remix).mp3" VOLUME="Macintosh HD" VOLUMEID="Macintosh HD"></LOCATION>
<ALBUM TRACK="4" TITLE="Beautiful Things"></ALBUM>
<INFO BITRATE="320000" GENRE="Trance" LABEL="Robbins Entertainment" COMMENT="Trance" COVERARTID="112:QHQJABBQRRIX0AZ3X5NXAUFX2EXD" PLAYCOUNT="4" PLAYTIME="571" RANKING="0" IMPORT_DATE="2008/11/4" LAST_PLAYED="2008/11/7" FILESIZE="22432"></INFO>
<TEMPO BPM="137.000473" BPM_QUALITY="100"></TEMPO>
<LOUDNESS PEAK_DB="-1.1137042" PERCEIVED_DB="-2.310534"></LOUDNESS>
<CUE_V2 NAME="AutoGrid" DISPL_ORDER="0" TYPE="4" START="3.6027959554479541" LEN="0" REPEATS="-1" HOTCUE="0"></CUE_V2>
</ENTRY>

The value I need to change in this example is from:
Code:
<TEMPO BPM="137.000473"

to
Code:
<TEMPO BPM="138.00"

What would the best approach be?
awk, sed or...?

ThanksSmilie

Last edited by virgo; 11-18-2008 at 12:36 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the files names that being searched

Hello all Im doing search in jar files using this oneLiener : find . -name "*.jar" -print -exec jar -tvf {} \; | grep -n \/someClassName.class but I also will like to see the jar file names that the grep succeed the search What I need to add to this command so it will give the file names? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep - check the permissions of the file searched

What I need to do is: I need to use the grep command to search for pattern in directory and sub-directories. And also I need to show the permission of file been seached by the grep command. Could any one please suggest me? ----------------- $> cat file1.txt A -----------------... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johny001
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get lines prior to the line being searched

Hi, Can anbody please let me know how i can retrieve lines above the line being searched in a file. I am looking for an error message from a file, if I see that message I want the lines above that message along with this line. how do we do this. Please do let me know An example which i have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunrao_oradba
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

greping last occurrence of the searched string

Hello, I have active log file i want to grep the last occurrence of the word in that log file the log file gets on increasing and increasing i want to fetch it from live file. Please guide me, Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidurmittal
4 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

limit number of sub-dirs searched for files

using: find . -type f -print|xargs -li "string", how do I limit the dated directories (2010-7-14, 2010-7-13,etc.) to just 2009 & 2010 years of directories to search. We go back to 2004 in our archives, way too many files. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MJThom713
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/usr/local/lib is not searched by ld-linux.so by default?

it seems that /usr/local/lib is not searched by ld-linux.so by default in fedora14. If so, why some software put its lib files in /usr/local/lib? eg: glib and gtk+. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting file content into a searched pattern

Hi, i have to insert the content of source.txt into the searched pattern of the file second.txt. $cat source.txt One Two Three . . $cat second.txt This is second file pattern match start here pattern match end here end of the file so the result will be like this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grabbing Keywords Below a Searched Keyword

Hello, I have a text file like the one found below and wouild like the grab the certain lines after the searched phrase. For example, I'd like to look up "Hello" and once I find the "Hello" section, grab the lines that contain "Text" and stops at the next section. Input.txt Example Hello... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get lines before and after a searched text?

Hi, I am trying to monitor alert log of oracle. i am searching based on ORA- error message if i find the line, i want the 2 to 3 lines before search line and 2 to 3 lines after the searched line. like for example, oracle has generated ORA7445 errors in the alert log, when i search for that... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbnl
18 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to write a script to match a searched name to a given list?

Full title: How to write a script to match a searched name to a given list, and then returns other names with the same properties Anyway, first time here, hi! So I'm taking an introductory course at uni and there's a question in our lab that asks us to write a script where a user can search a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aheyhey
4 Replies