Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: replace comma(,) with Tab
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting replace comma(,) with Tab Post 302258174 by labrazil on Friday 14th of November 2008 01:11:21 AM
Old 11-14-2008
Code:
sed 's/,/\t/g' filename

see if that helps.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace , (comma) with space

Hi, what is the better way to replace the , (comma) with a space char? Example:STRING=dir1,dir2,dir3 toSTRING=dir1 dir2 dir3 And.. how to find if in the string there is a comma? Thanks :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbarberis
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing Comma by Tab

Hi All, i have a file test.txt as shown below, 1,test,test111 2,rest,rest222 i want to replace the commas by tab delimiter.., it should be like, 1 test test111 2 rest rest222 i tried the following code, sed 's/,/\\t/g' test.txt >> ouptut.txt (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Serious Sam
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma with newline

Hi, for some reason I cant seem to figure this out. I have a file which looks something like this word word word word word,word,word word word word,word,word,word,word word word Basically I want this whole thing to be a list with 1 word on each line like this... word word word... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eltinator
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace with tab

I have text file, i want to replace all the charecters with tab. suppose: cat abc.txt dfjkdf dfdfd fd fd the output should have 4 lines and each line will have 1 tab. Thanks :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeed7
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace the | with Comma

Hi, The input file structure is given below: The Col1 and Col2 will be there always. But from Col3 there can be more columns. And Col3 will be always Col4 and Col5 will always be with Col6. I need to replace the | with comma. There are scnearios where there wont be no data.Below, the row 2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharathappriyan
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a Tab delimiter file to Comma

How can i make a tab delimiter file to a comma delimiter??? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert comma delimited file to tab separator

Hi all, How can i convert comma delimited .csv file to tab separate using sed command or script. Thanks, Krupa (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to replace two or more spaces with one comma?

I'm using sh on hp-ux. I've got a file that looks like this. -5.65 175 -16.17 160 -13.57 270 -51.72 260 -8.30 360 -42.71 460 -.38 375 -.20 375 -4.15 170 -21.53 560 -18.84 360 I'd like to replace all the whitespace between the columns with one comma. I can't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma and blank with comma and number

I, I have a file and i need to replace comma and blank space with comma and 0. cat file.txt a,5 b,1 c, d, e,4 I need the output as cat file.txt a,5 b,1 c,0 d,0 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace spaces with underscores up to first comma but not after the comma

I have a comma delimited file of major codes and descriptions. I want to replace all occurrences of spaces with underscores up to the first comma (only in the first field), but not replace spaces following the comma. For instance I have the following snippet of the file: EK ED,Elementary and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdouty
7 Replies
DEBCONF-GETLANG(1)						      Debconf							DEBCONF-GETLANG(1)

NAME
debconf-getlang - extract a language from a templates file SYNOPSIS
debconf-getlang lang master [translation] debconf-getlang --stats master translation [...] DESCRIPTION
Note: This utility is deprecated; you should switch to using the po-debconf package. This program helps make and manage translations of debconf templates. There are basically three situations in which this program might be called: A translation is just being started. You want to provide the translator with a file they can work on that has the English fields from your templates file, plus blank Field- ll fields for the target language that they can fill in. To do this, run the program with first parameter being the code for the language that is being translated to, and the second parameter being the filename of the English templates file. A translation is well under way. You have changed some English text, or added more items to your templates file, and you want to send the translators a file with the English text plus their current translations (or you are the translator, and you want to generate such a file for your own use). To accomplish this, run the program with the first parameter being the the code for the language that is being translated to, the second parameter being the filename of the master English templates file, and the third parameter being the filename of the current translated file. When run this way, the program is smart enough to notice fuzzy translations. For example a fuzzy Description will be output as Description-<lang>-fuzzy, and a new, blank Description-<lang> will be added. Translators should remove the -fuzzy fields as they correct the fuzzy translations. Checking the status of a translation To check the status of a translation, use the --status flag, and pass the english template file as the first parameter, and all the other translated templates after that. It will output statistics for each of them. For example: debconf-getlang --stats debian/templates debian/templates.* NOTE
Note that the text in the generated templates may be word-wrapped by debconf. SEE ALSO
debconf-mergetemplate(1) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2012-09-10 DEBCONF-GETLANG(1)