Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris sudoers file with groups in LDAP Post 302258098 by em23 on Thursday 13th of November 2008 10:21:59 PM
Old 11-13-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perderabo
Same os version and patch levels?
yep. all the same

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

sudoers file

Hi, I have edited 'sudoers' file to allow 'cads' user shutdown the system without providing a password. Can someone tell me what's wrong with my file? It's not working when I 'sudo SHUTDOWN' command: sudo: SHUTDOWN: command not found Thanks a lot! # Host alias specification... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

LDAP auth, secondary groups doesnt works

RedHat ELS 5.2 & Sun directory getent passwd: works toto:*:1000:100:toto:/home/toto:/bin/bash getent group: works mygroup:*:10001:1000,1001 but id toto doesnt works :( uid=1000(toto) gid=100(users) groupes=100(users) BTW in /etc/ldap.conf i use a different mapping for the posix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sncr24
4 Replies

3. Linux

Secondary groups not working with NFS (+LDAP)

I´m using LDAP for groups and NFS for home dirs. My problem is as follows: I only have a few groups, so it's not the problem everyone else had. When I've mounted a disk over NFS, I need to have my primary group in order to read in the groups I'm a member of. Secondary groups is not working. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: velmont
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudoers file

i have defined a rule in the sudoers file so a specific user is able to run some commands as sudo with no password. my question is: is it possible to restrict a user to run commands as sudo only in a certain directory? for example: chown only the files that are located in /var/tmp. Thank you. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noam128
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problems Hooking Sudoers into PAM/LDAP

Greetings!! I am attempting to solve a rather thorny issue and I was hoping that someone might have some insight into what is going on here.. At this point I have an openLDAP server that is working quite splendidly! :) I have a working directory with users able to authenticate it and TLS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluethundr
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Addsudoers: A script to add users or groups into /etc/sudoers

Well, sudo is a great tool for delegating permissions among admins. But, it's really hard to find a great tool which would give an interactive way of editing /etc/sudoers file. Now, when I say "editing", I really refer to add new groups, users, aliases in the /etc/sudoers file. visudo is great... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ldap , search groups that user belong

i want run query to identify witch groups that user A belong, CN=name,CN=Users,DC=mydomain ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Sudoers file

Hi using Solaris 10. trying to update /etc/sudoers file I need to add all the fist level operation team. This is what I have but it doesn't seem to work. Please help.Error message sudo su - >>> sudoers file: parse error, line 9 <<< >>> sudoers file: parse error, line 9 <<< ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Sudoers file

In the sudoers file in Solaris... I am trying to limit the DEVELOPER user privileges to where those users can only use the “rm” command in certain directories. This is to prevent them from deleting directories or files and destroying a server. I want them to be able to use the "rm" command but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nzonefx
1 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

LDAP - sudoers and the nopasswd flag - How can i set some commands for wheelgroup without password?

Hello :) we use LDAP with sudoers about 4 years. Works fine. But we have one problem with members of the admingroup (wheel). This users can do every command with sudo and with there privat password. But when they also are member to another special group, like sysadmin: Sysadmin is allowed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: darktux
0 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)