Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VNC copy paste problem
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions VNC copy paste problem Post 302257653 by herbhopkins on Wednesday 12th of November 2008 07:29:41 PM
Old 11-12-2008
Copy and Paste from Unix to Windows

Hi,

I am not very experienced with Unix, but have been successful in copying and pasting from Unix to Windows from a VNC session:

1) Highlight the text you want to copy by holding down the left mouse button and dragging, just like in Windows. This copies it to the Windows clipboard.

2) Go to your Windows window and paste it from the clipboard as usual.

By the way, to paste it into the Unix window, put your cursor where you want it to go, then click the middle mouse button.

Magic!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Cut, Copy and Paste with X

One of the things that I have learned to take for granted in the Win32 world is the cut, copy and paste hotkeys of ^X, ^C and ^V. I use these keys all the time under Win32 to copy and paste information from one GUI into another GUI. My question is, does X have a similiar standard? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: auswipe
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cut, copy + paste

Hi all! How do I cut, copy and paste under unix??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aitor314
2 Replies

3. Linux

Copy Paste in VNC Viewer

hi, I am running a VNCserver on my Fedora VMWare virtual machine. I make a VNCViewer connection to that from my Windows XP box. Can I have copy, paste functionality from Fedora to Windows (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshgupta
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search, copy and paste

Can i search in a file for more than one string at a time? And copy the next string after that and paste it in column style? Is it possible? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy/paste with awk

Hi everybody, I have two XML files. I am working on a script that could copy and paste the contents of the first xml file to the desired location in the second xml file. Here is my first XML file. This is the second XML file. Finaly, I wnat to obtain something like that : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsaas
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed copy paste

Hello, I have this path and file: /dir/dir/dir/dir/dir/dir/dir/dir/dir/THIS_SPOT/fle.txt I want to end up with: /dir/dir/dir/dir/dir/dir/dir/dir/dir/THIS_SPOT/fle.txtTHIS_SPOT Take the dir after the 10th slash, add a tab at the end and paste the dir it copied. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crowman
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi copy/paste problem

I'm having a problem copy/pasting from a txt file in windows to vi. What happens is I copy a chunk of text, go to the putty terminal, go into insert mode, and right click, and it will stop pasting at a random point and freeze up. Nothing I do gets out of it. This only happens on my account... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solidarity
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy and Paste to a new document

Hello, I am quite new to shell scripting so don't know all the tools available. What I'm trying to do is open a file optimal.txt search for objectiveValue and copy the number in quotes next to it. e.g. ... solutionName="incumbent" solutionIndex="-1" objectiveValue="13246" ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: StephanR
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A copy paste problem with loops in bash

Hello All, i have a really strange copy paste problem. When I write some loops in an editor for example: for j in 1 2 3 do echo "$j" done and I want to paste it to the shell, the result in the shell is: for j in 1 2 3; do e; other commands work fine and if a copy paste... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: creamcheese
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy and paste data

I need to copy from specified lines and paste the data into several other lines. XX123450008 xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x XX123451895 xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x ...... XX123452012 xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x xx.x... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
13 Replies
SDL_MouseMotionEvent(3) 					 SDL API Reference					   SDL_MouseMotionEvent(3)

NAME
SDL_MouseMotionEvent - Mouse motion event structure STRUCTURE DEFINITION
typedef struct{ Uint8 type; Uint8 state; Uint16 x, y; Sint16 xrel, yrel; } SDL_MouseMotionEvent; STRUCTURE DATA
type SDL_MOUSEMOTION state The current button state x, y The X/Y coordinates of the mouse xrel, yrel Relative motion in the X/Y direction DESCRIPTION
SDL_MouseMotionEvent is a member of the SDL_Event union and is used when an event of type SDL_MOUSEMOTION is reported. Simply put, a SDL_MOUSEMOTION type event occurs when a user moves the mouse within the application window or when SDL_WarpMouse is called. Both the absolute (x and y) and relative (xrel and yrel) coordinates are reported along with the current button states (state). The button state can be interpreted using the SDL_BUTTON macro (see SDL_GetMouseState). If the cursor is hidden (SDL_ShowCursor(0)) and the input is grabbed (SDL_WM_GrabInput(SDL_GRAB_ON)), then the mouse will give relative motion events even when the cursor reaches the edge fo the screen. This is currently only implemented on Windows and Linux/Unix-a-likes. SEE ALSO
SDL_Event, SDL_MouseButtonEvent SDL
Tue 11 Sep 2001, 22:59 SDL_MouseMotionEvent(3)