Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to find matching braces using sed or in shell script Post 302257245 by Boopesh on Tuesday 11th of November 2008 06:18:21 PM
Old 11-11-2008
how to find matching braces using sed or in shell script

hi,
I want to print all the lines between the matching braces.
For example,the file contains like the below.
asdfsdf
fsdfsd
WO{
w1{
ada
}
w2
{
}
}
sdfsdf
Here i want to print all the lines between WO{ and its corresponding closing brace.
This is very urgent, can somebody help me pls...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find file name for non matching pattern

Hi, I want to list only the file names which do not contain a specific keyword or search string. OS: Solaris Also is there any way ; through the same script I can save the output of search to a CSV (comma seperated) so that the file can be used for inventory purpose. Any assistance will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujoy101
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the line number of matching braces

Hi,I am new to shell scripting and i want to find the line numbers of matching braces. The file contents are as follows File XXX.dat 1 ( CLASS "FRUIT" 2 (TYPE "PERSISTENT") 3 (MESSAGE_TYPE "M") 4 (GET_REQRD "Y") 5 (SET_REQRD "Y") 6 ) 7 ( CLASS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajendra_1510
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed find matching pattern delete next line

trying to use sed in finding a matching pattern in a file then deleting the next line only .. pattern --> <ad-content> I tried this but it results are not what I wish sed '/<ad-content>/{N;d;}' akv.xml > akv5.xml ex, <Celebrant2First>Mickey</Celebrant2First> <ad-content> Minnie... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aveitas
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select block of text around matching braces

Hi, I have several block of text that I need to select, however this text may be spread over several lines and contains the '{' and '}' within it. For e.g., ABC=100{ DEF = 200 { GHI, JKL } } #2nd Block 123 { 456{78,910}} }I am trying to figure out how to remove... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BootComp
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Matching pattern script (sed or awk?)

Hi Guys, I am new to the forum and to scripting so bear with me. Thanks, Gary. I have 3 files - file1, file2, file3 I am trying to come up with a script that will check the output of these files and if the 1st nine fields are matched in all 3 files, echo "The following string had been... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gazza-o
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -regex not recognizing curly braces

Must be a bug or something. Whether I escape them or not, it will not work. No matter what I set the minimum and maximum to nothing gets caught. For instance: find / -regex "/.{0, 50}.*" -maxdepth 1 or find / -regex "/.\{0, 50\}.*" -maxdepth 1 should pretty much catch everything residing within... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevensw
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed in windows does not parse curly braces

Hi everyone: I'm stuck at this point, could you guys please give me some hints about what I am doing wrong in the following script, I'm using sed for windows: sed ^"$ {^ a^ STRINGTABLE DISCARDABLE^ BEGIN^ #define CLIENT_MODULE, "%CLIENT_MODULE%"^ #define CLIENT_ID, "%CLIENT_ID%"^... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me to find files in a shell script with any matching pattern

Hi friends.. I have many dirs in my working directory. Every dir have thousands of files (.jsp, .java, .xml..., etc). So I am working with an script to find every file recursively within those directories and subdirectories ending with .jsp or .java which contains inside of it, the the pattern... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hnux
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to remove braces from a file

i need to search for user belonging to group 'macusr' and the extract the user name . i am able to write a oneliner for this using awk + sed + tr i am using tr to chop off '()' from the output. but i want to use it in sed itself . can someone please help me with that file contents ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curly braces in sed

Hi, I have below command in one of the script. Can you please let me know what does the curly braces do over here \{1,\}. The remaining part of the code atleast I am able to understand. sed -n 's/.*\-\()\{1,\}\)\-.*/\1/p' (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
13 Replies
PPI::Structure(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 PPI::Structure(3)

NAME
PPI::Structure - The base class for Perl braced structures INHERITANCE
PPI::Structure isa PPI::Node isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
PPI::Structure is the root class for all Perl bracing structures. This covers all forms of " [ ... ] ", " { ... } ", and " ( ... ) " brace types, and includes cases where only one half of the pair exist. The class PPI::Structure itself is full abstract and no objects of that type should actually exist in the tree. Elements vs Children A PPI::Structure has an unusual existance. Unlike a PPI::Document or PPI::Statement, which both simply contain other elements, a structure both contains and consists of content. That is, the brace tokens are not considered to be "children" of the structure, but are part of it. In practice, this will mean that while the ->elements and ->tokens methods (and related) will return a list with the brace tokens at either end, the ->children method explicitly will not return the brace. STRUCTURE CLASSES
Excluding the transient PPI::Structure::Unknown that exists briefly inside the parser, there are eight types of structure. PPI::Structure::List This covers all round braces used for function arguments, in "foreach" loops, literal lists, and braces used for precedence-ordering purposes. PPI::Structure::For Although not used for the "foreach" loop list, this is used for the special case of the round-brace three-part semicolon-seperated "for" loop expression (the traditional C style for loop). PPI::Structure::Given This is for the expression being matched in switch statements. PPI::Structure::When This is for the matching expression in "when" statements. PPI::Structure::Condition This round-brace structure covers boolean conditional braces, such as for "if" and "while" blocks. PPI::Structure::Block This curly-brace and common structure is used for all form of code blocks. This includes those for "if", "do" and similar, as well as "grep", "map", "sort", "sub" and (labelled or anonymous) scoping blocks. PPI::Structure::Constructor This class covers brace structures used for the construction of anonymous "ARRAY" and "HASH" references. PPI::Structure::Subscript This class covers square-braces and curly-braces used after a -> pointer to access the subscript of an "ARRAY" or "HASH". METHODS
"PPI::Structure" itself has very few methods. Most of the time, you will be working with the more generic PPI::Element or PPI::Node methods, or one of the methods that are subclass-specific. start For lack of better terminology (like "open" and "close") that has not already in use for some other more important purpose, the two individual braces for the structure are known within PPI as the "start" and "finish" braces (at least for method purposes). The "start" method returns the start brace for the structure (i.e. the opening brace). Returns the brace as a PPI::Token::Structure or "undef" if the structure does not have a starting brace. Under normal parsing circumstances this should never occur, but may happen due to manipulation of the PDOM tree. finish The "finish" method returns the finish brace for the structure (i.e. the closing brace). Returns the brace as a PPI::Token::Structure or "undef" if the structure does not have a finishing brace. This can be quite common if the document is not complete (for example, from an editor where the user may be halfway through typeing a subroutine). braces The "braces" method is a utility method which returns the brace type, regardless of whether has both braces defined, or just the starting brace, or just the ending brace. Returns on of the three strings '[]', '{}', or '()', or "undef" on error (primarily not having a start brace, as mentioned above). complete The "complete" method is a convenience method that returns true if the both braces are defined for the structure, or false if only one brace is defined. Unlike the top level "complete" method which checks for completeness in depth, the structure complete method ONLY confirms completeness for the braces, and does not recurse downwards. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Structure(3)