Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Remote services during Solaris installation Post 302256727 by jlliagre on Monday 10th of November 2008 12:19:45 PM
Old 11-10-2008
netservices will disable most of them. Why not relying on it ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shange user's pass for all services on a remote host

here is the picture: a website on server1 & a "username" logged in that site. The same username has a shell(nologin)/ftp/samba/mail(qmail) acount on server2. i have s form on server1 that can pass the username & its NEW password to a sript that should change all passwords on server2. the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: veskonedev
5 Replies

2. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

installation entirely remote - Solaris

moved to Solaris... https://www.unix.com/sun-solaris/84558-installation-entirely-remote-solaris.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbe
0 Replies

4. Solaris

installation entirely remote - Solaris

Friends, Is there any way to do a installation of Solaris entirely remote? Jumpstart is almost what I want but is not entirely remote because it requires to access the openboot to execute command "boot net - install. Can i to do a upgrade entirely remote too? Thanks, Marcelo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcmc
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

remote redhat installation

Hi guys! I have fedora6 on server and i want redhell5 to be on it. The problem is that the server is located from me several hundred kilometers away. So the only access i have is ssh. On my notebook i have iso-image with redhell5. How can install redhell5 on it and deinstall fedora6? Thanks in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: smallman
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Remote installation of solaris 9

Hi All, We have an ungent requirement of remote installation of a Sun server as we can't attach cd/dvd rom with the server. Is there any way like NFS installation in linux to complete it? We need any possible way except Jumpstart as it has a long procedure to set. Thanks, Deepak (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Autosys remote agent installation issue

We require Autosys remote agent to be installed in Unix (AIX) server to invoke a Unix script from Autosys. But the issue is there is already a Jobtrac scheduler present in this server, and the support team who do Autosys installation say that these 2 schedulers cannot exist in the same server.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hidnana
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)