Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl System command calls to variable Post 302256695 by 4scriptmoni on Monday 10th of November 2008 11:09:15 AM
Old 11-10-2008
yes! thanks so much

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System Calls

What does the system call "dup" do? What is the difference between dup and dup2 I have a fair idea of what it does but I am confused when its coming down to the exact details... Please help me!:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clickonline1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System calls for cp and mv

Which system calls are made for operations cp and mv (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurava99
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System calls?

open, creat, read, write, lseek and close Are they all primitive? :confused: *Another Question: is there a different between a system call, and an i/o system call? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PlunderBunny
2 Replies

4. Solaris

System calls ?

where can i find the differences in System calls between solaris and aix? also is it possible to find a comprehensive list of them? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TECHRAMESH
1 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Using system calls

Hi, I'm new to UNIX system calls. Can someone share your knowledge as to how exactly system calls should be executed? Can they be typed like commands such as mkdir on the terminal itself? Also, are there any websites which will show me an example of the output to expect when a system call like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilavenil
1 Replies

6. Programming

System calls

why user is not able to switch from user to kernel mode by writing the function whose code is identical to system call. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joshighanshyam
1 Replies

7. BSD

system calls

what is the functions and relationship between fork,exec,wait system calls as i am a beginer just want the fundamentals. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sangramdas
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

About system calls.

Hi all, I am new here . I want to know about system call in detail. As system calls are also function .How system identifies it.:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwasrao
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

system calls in C

Hello, how would i be able to call ps in C programming? thanks, ---------- Post updated at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:31 AM ---------- here's the complete system call, ps -o pid -p %d, getpit() (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: l flipboi l
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

Command to trace System Calls on HP UX

All, Kindly let me know command which is used to trace the system calls on HP - UX server when an executable is run. On Solaris we have TRUSS which does the need. On HP UX we have TUSC command which is a third party software. Currently this is not installed on my HP Server. If there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: helper
3 Replies
true(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   true(1)

NAME
true, false - Returns a standard exit value SYNOPSIS
true false STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: true: XCU5.0 false: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
The true command returns a 0 (zero) exit value. The false command returns a nonzero exit value. These commands are usually used in input to shell commands. NOTES
The special built-in utility : (colon) is sometimes more efficient than the true command. EXIT STATUS
[Tru64 UNIX] The nonzero value returned by the false command may vary from system to system. EXAMPLES
To construct a loop in a shell procedure, enter: while true do date sleep 60 done This procedure displays the date and time once a minute. To stop it, press the Interrupt key sequence. SEE ALSO
Commands: csh(1), ksh(1), Bourne Shell sh(1b), POSIX shell sh(1p) Standards: standards(5) true(1)