Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris diff between reboot and init 6 in solaris Post 302254859 by incredible on Wednesday 5th of November 2008 10:30:07 AM
Old 11-05-2008
Hi friend, init 6 can be used using the shutdown command too, anyway init 6 is easier and shorter to remember Smilie
eg: shutdown -i6 -g0 -y

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10 - init stops working

I have a really strange issue on Solaris 10 running on v490. I'm running Oracle 10g on the box. Everything runs fine and all of a sudden I get a call from a DBA. I check and none of the Oracle processes are running. They were definitely running after the system booted and nobody stopped them. I try... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GKnight
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Error in Solaris installation over WAN(unix: Could not start init) Program terminated

I am trying to install Solaris 10 on a target machine which is t1000. ( sun4v). I have configured my jumpstart server to install solaris over WAN. when i boot my machine, the wanboot image gets downloaded properly, miniroot gets downloaded properly, but after that the process fails with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
3 Replies

3. Linux

How to I change init levels after typing init 1

Dear all, I typed in init 1 on my redhat box as root and according to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runlevel): 1 Single-User Mode Does not configure network interfaces, start daemons, or allow non-root logins So now I can't connect back to it. How do I change the init back to 3?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
8 Replies

4. Red Hat

init-script failing because of /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

I encountered a problem on one of our database servers. OS: CentOS 5.5 final Kernel: 2.6.18-238.5.1.el5.028stab085.2 (OpenVZ kernel) We wrote some DB-Start/Stop-scripts ("/db2/admin/scripts_dba/start_services.ksh" and ".../stop_services.ksh") to start the database instances. (Database... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 init 0 and boot disk1 on same command line

Hello all, Fairly simple question here. I know that in Solaris 10 there is a way to tell a system running solaris 10 to init 0 and then boot disk1 all in the same command line from a SSH window. That way once you hit enter it then performs the init 0 and then does the boot disk1. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tording99z28
2 Replies

6. Solaris

solaris 10 reboot history

Dears Kindly am requested to collect the date histroy that the system was rebooted, so is there any log file or command that i can find the time that the system was rebooted? thanks a lot for you kind support. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehero
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Under /etc/init.d directory there is no folder with name samba in Solaris 10

i want to restart samba service in solaris 1o installed on virtual machine but under under /etc/init.d directory there is no folder with name samba in solaris 10 how do i proceed ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to reboot Solaris

Hi, we have a sun sparc solaris 10 machine and recently there was a power failure and one of the server domain was down. So today morning i have powered up the domain and it returned me to ok prompt then i have booted the machine with disk from devalias, the system was up as normal and no error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phanidhar6039
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to stop a reboot after init 6 is given by mistake?

Hi, I recently had an issue and by mistake a script of mine has initiated init 6 command, Is there a way to stop the reboot manually after init 6 is given, Your response is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance !! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanz143
9 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 boot failed init

Dear all, I have a solaris 10 in my environment (VMware virtual machine). recently I increased the harddisk size from the VMware and reboot my server. after reboot the os is unable to boot and gives the below error message. exec(/sbin/init) file not found press any key to restart ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna001
3 Replies