Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris diff between reboot and init 6 in solaris Post 302254725 by Aum on Wednesday 5th of November 2008 03:38:55 AM
Old 11-05-2008
Yes. init 6 should be enough.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10 - init stops working

I have a really strange issue on Solaris 10 running on v490. I'm running Oracle 10g on the box. Everything runs fine and all of a sudden I get a call from a DBA. I check and none of the Oracle processes are running. They were definitely running after the system booted and nobody stopped them. I try... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GKnight
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Error in Solaris installation over WAN(unix: Could not start init) Program terminated

I am trying to install Solaris 10 on a target machine which is t1000. ( sun4v). I have configured my jumpstart server to install solaris over WAN. when i boot my machine, the wanboot image gets downloaded properly, miniroot gets downloaded properly, but after that the process fails with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
3 Replies

3. Linux

How to I change init levels after typing init 1

Dear all, I typed in init 1 on my redhat box as root and according to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runlevel): 1 Single-User Mode Does not configure network interfaces, start daemons, or allow non-root logins So now I can't connect back to it. How do I change the init back to 3?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
8 Replies

4. Red Hat

init-script failing because of /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

I encountered a problem on one of our database servers. OS: CentOS 5.5 final Kernel: 2.6.18-238.5.1.el5.028stab085.2 (OpenVZ kernel) We wrote some DB-Start/Stop-scripts ("/db2/admin/scripts_dba/start_services.ksh" and ".../stop_services.ksh") to start the database instances. (Database... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 init 0 and boot disk1 on same command line

Hello all, Fairly simple question here. I know that in Solaris 10 there is a way to tell a system running solaris 10 to init 0 and then boot disk1 all in the same command line from a SSH window. That way once you hit enter it then performs the init 0 and then does the boot disk1. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tording99z28
2 Replies

6. Solaris

solaris 10 reboot history

Dears Kindly am requested to collect the date histroy that the system was rebooted, so is there any log file or command that i can find the time that the system was rebooted? thanks a lot for you kind support. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehero
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Under /etc/init.d directory there is no folder with name samba in Solaris 10

i want to restart samba service in solaris 1o installed on virtual machine but under under /etc/init.d directory there is no folder with name samba in solaris 10 how do i proceed ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to reboot Solaris

Hi, we have a sun sparc solaris 10 machine and recently there was a power failure and one of the server domain was down. So today morning i have powered up the domain and it returned me to ok prompt then i have booted the machine with disk from devalias, the system was up as normal and no error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phanidhar6039
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to stop a reboot after init 6 is given by mistake?

Hi, I recently had an issue and by mistake a script of mine has initiated init 6 command, Is there a way to stop the reboot manually after init 6 is given, Your response is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance !! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanz143
9 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 boot failed init

Dear all, I have a solaris 10 in my environment (VMware virtual machine). recently I increased the harddisk size from the VMware and reboot my server. after reboot the os is unable to boot and gives the below error message. exec(/sbin/init) file not found press any key to restart ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna001
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)