Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Remote services during Solaris installation Post 302253387 by Chains on Friday 31st of October 2008 12:31:32 PM
Old 10-31-2008
I believe this will enable services such as rlogin & telnet etc.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shange user's pass for all services on a remote host

here is the picture: a website on server1 & a "username" logged in that site. The same username has a shell(nologin)/ftp/samba/mail(qmail) acount on server2. i have s form on server1 that can pass the username & its NEW password to a sript that should change all passwords on server2. the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: veskonedev
5 Replies

2. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

installation entirely remote - Solaris

moved to Solaris... https://www.unix.com/sun-solaris/84558-installation-entirely-remote-solaris.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbe
0 Replies

4. Solaris

installation entirely remote - Solaris

Friends, Is there any way to do a installation of Solaris entirely remote? Jumpstart is almost what I want but is not entirely remote because it requires to access the openboot to execute command "boot net - install. Can i to do a upgrade entirely remote too? Thanks, Marcelo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcmc
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

remote redhat installation

Hi guys! I have fedora6 on server and i want redhell5 to be on it. The problem is that the server is located from me several hundred kilometers away. So the only access i have is ssh. On my notebook i have iso-image with redhell5. How can install redhell5 on it and deinstall fedora6? Thanks in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: smallman
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Remote installation of solaris 9

Hi All, We have an ungent requirement of remote installation of a Sun server as we can't attach cd/dvd rom with the server. Is there any way like NFS installation in linux to complete it? We need any possible way except Jumpstart as it has a long procedure to set. Thanks, Deepak (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Autosys remote agent installation issue

We require Autosys remote agent to be installed in Unix (AIX) server to invoke a Unix script from Autosys. But the issue is there is already a Jobtrac scheduler present in this server, and the support team who do Autosys installation say that these 2 schedulers cannot exist in the same server.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hidnana
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies
RLOGIN(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 RLOGIN(1)

NAME
rlogin -- remote login SYNOPSIS
rlogin [-8EKLd] [-e char] [-i identity] [-l username] [-p port] host DESCRIPTION
Rlogin starts a terminal session on a remote host host. Rlogin first attempts to use the Kerberos authorization mechanism, described below. If the remote host does not supporting Kerberos the standard Berkeley rhosts authorization mechanism is used. The options are as follows: -8 The -8 option allows an eight-bit input data path at all times; otherwise parity bits are stripped except when the remote side's stop and start characters are other than ^S/^Q . -i The -i option specifies the local user name to use for authentication with the remote rlogind server. This overrides the default which is the name of the user invoking rlogin. -l The -l option specifies the name of the remote user to login as. This overrides the default which is the name of the user invoking rlogin. -E The -E option stops any character from being recognized as an escape character. When used with the -8 option, this provides a com- pletely transparent connection. -K The -K option turns off all Kerberos authentication. This option has no effect since Kerberos authentication is not available in this version. -L The -L option allows the rlogin session to be run in ``litout'' (see tty(4)) mode. -d The -d option turns on socket debugging (see setsockopt(2)) on the TCP sockets used for communication with the remote host. -e The -e option allows user specification of the escape character, which is ``~'' by default. This specification may be as a literal character, or as an octal value in the form nn. -p The -p option specifies the port to connect to. This overrides the default which is login. A line of the form ``<escape char>.'' disconnects from the remote host. Similarly, the line ``<escape char>^Z'' will suspend the rlogin ses- sion, and ``<escape char><delayed-suspend char>'' suspends the send portion of the rlogin, but allows output from the remote system. By default, the tilde (``~'') character is the escape character, and normally control-Y (``^Y'') is the delayed-suspend character. All echoing takes place at the remote site, so that (except for delays) the rlogin is transparent. Flow control via ^S/^Q and flushing of input and output on interrupts are handled properly. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by rlogin: TERM Determines the user's terminal type. SEE ALSO
rsh(1) HISTORY
The rlogin command appeared in 4.2BSD. BUGS
Rlogin will be replaced by telnet(1) in the near future. More of the environment should be propagated. Linux NetKit (0.17) August 15, 1999 Linux NetKit (0.17)