Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Remote services during Solaris installation Post 302253371 by soliberus on Friday 31st of October 2008 12:00:31 PM
Old 10-31-2008
Remote services during Solaris installation

I've installed Solaris 10 (05-08) on a SPARC platform

During the installation I was prompted with the question below. I selected yes to enable remote services.

Does anyone know what services this option enables?

- Enabling remote services ----------------------------------------
Would you like to enable network services for use by remote clients?
Selecting "No" provides a more secure configuration in
which Secure Shell is the only network service provided to
remote clients. Selecting "Yes" enables a larger set of
services as in previous Solaris releases. If in doubt, it is
safe to select "No" as any services can be individually enabled
after installation.
Note: This choice only affects initial installs. It doesn't affect upgrades.
Remote services enabled
-----------------------
[X] Yes
[ ] No
-------------------------------------------------------------------
F2_Continue F6_Help

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shange user's pass for all services on a remote host

here is the picture: a website on server1 & a "username" logged in that site. The same username has a shell(nologin)/ftp/samba/mail(qmail) acount on server2. i have s form on server1 that can pass the username & its NEW password to a sript that should change all passwords on server2. the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: veskonedev
5 Replies

2. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

installation entirely remote - Solaris

moved to Solaris... https://www.unix.com/sun-solaris/84558-installation-entirely-remote-solaris.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbe
0 Replies

4. Solaris

installation entirely remote - Solaris

Friends, Is there any way to do a installation of Solaris entirely remote? Jumpstart is almost what I want but is not entirely remote because it requires to access the openboot to execute command "boot net - install. Can i to do a upgrade entirely remote too? Thanks, Marcelo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcmc
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

remote redhat installation

Hi guys! I have fedora6 on server and i want redhell5 to be on it. The problem is that the server is located from me several hundred kilometers away. So the only access i have is ssh. On my notebook i have iso-image with redhell5. How can install redhell5 on it and deinstall fedora6? Thanks in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: smallman
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Remote installation of solaris 9

Hi All, We have an ungent requirement of remote installation of a Sun server as we can't attach cd/dvd rom with the server. Is there any way like NFS installation in linux to complete it? We need any possible way except Jumpstart as it has a long procedure to set. Thanks, Deepak (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Autosys remote agent installation issue

We require Autosys remote agent to be installed in Unix (AIX) server to invoke a Unix script from Autosys. But the issue is there is already a Jobtrac scheduler present in this server, and the support team who do Autosys installation say that these 2 schedulers cannot exist in the same server.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hidnana
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies
dscfgadm(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      dscfgadm(1M)

NAME
dscfgadm - administration command for the Availability Suite configuration location and services SYNOPSIS
dscfgadm -i dscfgadm -e [-r] [-p] dscfgadm -d [-r] dscfgadm -s DESCRIPTION
The dscfgadm command controls the Availability Suite configuration location and services by providing facilities to set the configuration location, and to enable and disable the Availability Suite services. OPTIONS
If you do not specify any arguments to a dscfgadm command, the utility interactively steps you through setting the configuration location and starting the services. The configuration location is validated to ensure it meets criteria such as size and file type before it is ini- tialized for use. The dscfgadm command supports the following options. -d [-r ] Disables the Availability Suite SMF services. This includes stopping daemons and suspending any Point-in-Time Copy or Remote Mirror sets that are currently enabled under the Availability Suite software. When executed with no additional options, the -d option disables all Availability Suite services. This setting is persistent across system boots. -r When passed to the -d or -e option, acts only on the Remote Mirror services. -e [-r ] [-p] Enables the Availability Suite SMF services. This includes starting daemons and resuming any Point-in-Time Copy or Remote Mirror sets that have been previously configured under the Availability Suite software. When executed with no additional options, the -e option enables all Availability Suite services. This setting is persistent across system boots. -r When passed to the -d or -e option, acts only on the Remote Mirror services. -p When passed to the -e option, enables only the Point-in-Time Copy service. -i Displays information on the Availability Suite SMF services. -s Allows you to set the location of the configuration database containing information specific to Sun Cluster configurations. -x Displays verbose debugging information as the program is executing. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscmr, SUNWscmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dscfg(1M), iiadm(1M), scmadm(1M), sndradm(1M), svadm(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 2 Oct 2007 dscfgadm(1M)