Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to check password expiry in AIX? Post 302252845 by bakunin on Thursday 30th of October 2008 12:09:32 PM
Old 10-30-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by acascianelli
lsuser -f [username] | grep expires
This tells you when the user account expires, not when the password expires.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password expiry

Hi, under SUN Unix, in which file the expiry date of a user password is indicated ? Many thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Notification of password expiry.

Hi, Is there any way of sending an email to a number of users indicating that the passwords of user accounts will expire? Currently we have a test server with a number of oracle test accounts on it. Each of these accounts correspond to an instance of Oracle on the server. These... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Notification of password expiry.

Hi, Is there any way of sending an email to a number of users indicating that the passwords of user accounts will expire? Currently we have a test server with a number of oracle test accounts on it. Each of these accounts correspond to an instance of Oracle on the server. These... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies

4. Solaris

SSH Password-less login fails on password expiry.

Hi Gurus I have a few Sol 5.9 servers and i have enabled password less authentication between them for my user ID. Often i have found that when my password has expired,the login fails. Resetting my password reenables the keys. Do i need to do something to avoid this scenario or is this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

password expiry notification

Hi, Could someone please let me know how to write script for passwd expiry notification on salaries boxes. Regards Dnyan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dnyan
1 Replies

6. Solaris

disable password expiry

Hi How do i disable password expiration on ldap? It runs on Solaris 10 machine. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hrist
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password expiry date check for hp servers

Hi All, Can anybody help me, to find the command to check for the password expiry date for the hp servers. Thanks, Deepak (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dswain
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password expiry report

Hi All, I want to write a script that will send the alert when linux server password expiry for user 'x' is less than 12 days. I have written the below script but this is not working for expiry date 04 july script;- P_EXPIRY_DATE=`chage -l msdp| grep 'Password expires' | awk ' {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Command to find out password expiry

Hi, I would like to know is there command which will tell me when password will be expire and when last password was changed ? like on linux chage -l <username? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

10. AIX

UNIX cmd to check for non expiry type password

Hi, Here's the version of unix that we are working on. > uname -a AIX yyyyyyyy 1 6 00F613E24C00 @:on(cluster303)/iishomea/kmani00-> i have application id: aaabbb Now i need to check whether the password for the application id set to non expiry type or not. Moreover, with that unix... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
3 Replies
SHADOW(5)							File Formats Manual							 SHADOW(5)

NAME
shadow - encrypted password file DESCRIPTION
shadow contains the encrypted password information for user's accounts and optional the password aging information. Included is Login name Encrypted password Days since Jan 1, 1970 that password was last changed Days before password may be changed Days after which password must be changed Days before password is to expire that user is warned Days after password expires that account is disabled Days since Jan 1, 1970 that account is disabled A reserved field The password field must be filled. The encryped password consists of 13 to 24 characters from the 64 character alphabet a thru z, A thru Z, 0 thru 9, . and /. Refer to crypt(3) for details on how this string is interpreted. The date of the last password change is given as the number of days since Jan 1, 1970. The password may not be changed again until the proper number of days have passed, and must be changed after the maximum number of days. If the minimum number of days required is greater than the maximum number of day allowed, this password may not be changed by the user. An account is considered to be inactive and is disabled if the password is not changed within the specified number of days after the pass- word expires. An account will also be disabled on the specified day regardless of other password expiration information. This information supercedes any password or password age information present in /etc/passwd. This file must not be readable by regular users if password security is to be maintained. FILES
/etc/passwd - user account information /etc/shadow - encrypted user passwords SEE ALSO
chage(1), login(1), passwd(1), su(1), passwd(5), pwconv(8), pwunconv(8), sulogin(8) AUTHOR
Julianne Frances Haugh (jockgrrl@ix.netcom.com) SHADOW(5)