Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to check password expiry in AIX? Post 302252806 by acascianelli on Thursday 30th of October 2008 10:46:04 AM
Old 10-30-2008
lsuser -f [username] | grep expires

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password expiry

Hi, under SUN Unix, in which file the expiry date of a user password is indicated ? Many thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Notification of password expiry.

Hi, Is there any way of sending an email to a number of users indicating that the passwords of user accounts will expire? Currently we have a test server with a number of oracle test accounts on it. Each of these accounts correspond to an instance of Oracle on the server. These... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Notification of password expiry.

Hi, Is there any way of sending an email to a number of users indicating that the passwords of user accounts will expire? Currently we have a test server with a number of oracle test accounts on it. Each of these accounts correspond to an instance of Oracle on the server. These... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies

4. Solaris

SSH Password-less login fails on password expiry.

Hi Gurus I have a few Sol 5.9 servers and i have enabled password less authentication between them for my user ID. Often i have found that when my password has expired,the login fails. Resetting my password reenables the keys. Do i need to do something to avoid this scenario or is this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

password expiry notification

Hi, Could someone please let me know how to write script for passwd expiry notification on salaries boxes. Regards Dnyan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dnyan
1 Replies

6. Solaris

disable password expiry

Hi How do i disable password expiration on ldap? It runs on Solaris 10 machine. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hrist
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password expiry date check for hp servers

Hi All, Can anybody help me, to find the command to check for the password expiry date for the hp servers. Thanks, Deepak (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dswain
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password expiry report

Hi All, I want to write a script that will send the alert when linux server password expiry for user 'x' is less than 12 days. I have written the below script but this is not working for expiry date 04 july script;- P_EXPIRY_DATE=`chage -l msdp| grep 'Password expires' | awk ' {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Command to find out password expiry

Hi, I would like to know is there command which will tell me when password will be expire and when last password was changed ? like on linux chage -l <username? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

10. AIX

UNIX cmd to check for non expiry type password

Hi, Here's the version of unix that we are working on. > uname -a AIX yyyyyyyy 1 6 00F613E24C00 @:on(cluster303)/iishomea/kmani00-> i have application id: aaabbb Now i need to check whether the password for the application id set to non expiry type or not. Moreover, with that unix... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
3 Replies
pam_pwcheck(8)                                                   Reference Manual                                                   pam_pwcheck(8)

NAME
pam_pwcheck - PAM module for password strength checking DESCRIPTION
The pam_pwcheck is a PAM module for password strength checking. It makes additional checks upon password changes, but does not perform the change itself. It only provides functionality for one PAM management group: password changing. This module works in the following manner: if enabled, it first calls the Cracklib routine to check the strength of the password; if crack likes the password, the module does an additional set of strength checks. These checks are: Palindrome Is the new password a palindrome of the old one? Case Change Only Is the new password the old one with only a change of case? Similar Is the new password too similar to old one? Simple Is the new password too short? Rotated Is the new password a rotated version of the old password? Already used Was the password used in the past? Previously used passwords are to be found in /etc/security/opasswd. OPTIONS
The following options may be passed to the module: cracklib=<path to dictionaries> Use cracklib library for password checks. This parameter also contains the path to the cracklib dictionaries. The default is /usr/lib/cracklib_dict. debug A lot of debug information is printed with syslog(3). maxlen=number Number of significant characters in the password for crypt(3). A value of zero suppresses this check. The default is 0. minlen=number The minimum number of characters in an acceptable password. A new password with fewer characters will be rejected. A value of zero suppresses this check. The default is 5. no_obscure_checks No additional checks will be performed before a new password is accepted. Since the checks performed are fairly simple, their usage is recommended. not_set_pass If this option is given, pam_pwcheck will not make the new password available for other modules. nullok Normally the account is disabled if no password is set or if the length of the password is zero. With this option you can allow the user to change his password for such accounts. This option does not overwrite a hardcoded default by the calling process. tries=number Maximum number of attempts to change a password if the new ones are rejected because they are too easy. use_authtok Set the new password to the one provided by the previously stacked password module. If this option is not set, pam_pwcheck will ask the user for the new password. use_first_pass By default pam_pwcheck tries to get the authentication token from a previous module. If no token is available, the user is asked for the old password. With this option, pam_pwcheck aborts with an error if no authentication token from a previous module is available. remember=XX Remember the last XX passwords and do not allow the user to reuse any of these for the next XX password changes. XX is a number between 1 and 400. enforce_for_root If this option is set, most of the password check rules are enforced for root, too. Never use this option if you don't know what you are doing, since it could be as result that root is no longer allowed to login at all. FILES
/etc/security/opasswd SEE ALSO
passwd(1), pam.conf(8), pam.d(8), pam(8), rpasswd(1), rpasswdd(8), rpc.yppasswdd(8), yppasswd(1) pam_pwcheck September 2008 pam_pwcheck(8)