Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: New Desktop Configuration
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo New Desktop Configuration Post 302252775 by s4g3 on Thursday 30th of October 2008 09:32:27 AM
Old 10-30-2008
Eh? Most of the games have UNIX clients? Why the hell am i even installing windows then? Thanks for letting me know that.

Coming back to the topic: what mother board does your system have? i understand its an nvidia chipset but i could not find anything about the motherboard..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

My e-Machines desktop

processor : 0 vendor_id : GenuineIntel cpu family : 15 model : 2 model name : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.20GHz stepping : 7 cpu MHz : 2192.913 cache size : 8 KB fdiv_bug : no hlt_bug : no f00f_bug : no coma_bug ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WABonnett
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Saving Desktop configuration

How can I save my desktop configurations?? (background, wallpaper, etc) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulisses0205
2 Replies

3. Solaris

i cant get to my desktop

i just tryed to install solaris 10.. it installed fine.. but when i restarted it and tried to use it.. i get a message that says: The X server cannot be started on display :0... what do i do? :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiimcody1
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cant get into desktop

I am a newb linux user. And i am running suse 9.3 pro. When i first installed it a couple of days ago, it booted into the desktop fine the first four or five times. And not when i turn on my computer and boot linux and loads the devices, then it prompts me... UserName: Password: (which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: derekmpage
1 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Show us your Desktop

I don't see any threads like this and I know that a bunch of people have really cool desktops, so I`ll start. rules 1 no images in your post,attachments only 2 no default desktops, tha would be very much a waste (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Genral
2 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Pin to desktop

Hello everybody! I need some help. Is there a way to pin a window to the desktop in Linux? I have a list of tasks in Calc. And I want the window of Calc to be always before my eyes, so that it sort of reminds me of my tasks. The window must be «stuck» to the desktop, and when I click the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex777
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Which OS you use for Desktop

I am on Solaris 10 cat /etc/release Solaris 10 10/09 s10x_u8wos_08a X86 Copyright 2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Use is subject to license terms. Assembled 16 September 2009 (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
16 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Which is best OS for Desktop

We are going to use Linux Desktop systems. Which one will be the best option ? I prefer CentOS , but in CentOS which one ? I heard fedora will take more Ram space..!! is it ? P.S 1. Users are developers , with eclipse , java , tomcat webserver etc. 2. System Configuration ~: 2GB ,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
8 Replies

9. Red Hat

Need Good Configuration For RHEL Virtualization Desktop

Hi All , I want a Good Specification For Building a Coustum PC must Have With Intel Motherboard and Intel Processor , And Must Have Virtualization , Cos im Gonna Install Redhat Enterprise Virtualization Based PC and Gonna install win Xp , Win 7 as a Guest Os in it .. Any one Have Good Spec for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.Desktop files

Hi all I have Fedora 20 installed. I want to write a .desktop file that will open file manager and show the contents of a specific directory. Is there a way to do this? Type=Link (can i put path here?) Name=OpenAppDirectory Icon=Logo.png Please use CODE tags when displaying sample... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora18
0 Replies
ggz(7)								  GGZ Gaming Zone							    ggz(7)

NAME
ggz - The GGZ Gaming Zone DESCRIPTION
The GGZ Gaming Zone is a standards-conforming online gaming infrastructure which provides many applications and games to people who like to play on the internet or in local networks. APPLICATIONS
There isn't a single executable named ggz, instead a multitude of programs is available to the user, and even more which operate on the system level or are used by developers and administrators. Users will most likely want to connect to a GGZ server on the internet, such as ggz://live.ggzgamingzone.org, to play games against other people. Core clients are used to perform this task. GAMES
Games are usually launched by the GGZ server, with corresponding game clients running on the user's desktop. Plenty of games are available for GGZ, most of them coming from the GGZ project itself but several independent game projects do now provide GGZ support. While some GGZ game clients are suited for online gaming only, others also run locally like normal games happen to do. Those will be found in the desktop's application menu. FILES
/usr/bin GGZ applications, tools, and the games which provide single player mode. /usr/lib(d) GGZ game client and server libraries. /usr/share/ggz(d) Data files for game clients and servers. CONFORMING TO
GGZ Design Document and Protocol Reference, available at http://www.ggzgamingzone.org/docs/design/ GGZ Client-Client Protocol Reference, available at http://www.ggzgamingzone.org/docs/design/clientspec/ GGZ Server-Server Protocol Reference, available at http://www.ggzgamingzone.org/docs/design/serverspec/ Freedesktop.org specifications for desktop integration of games and applications, more information at http://www.freedesktop.org/ File Hierarchy Standard for unix-derived operating systems, at http://www.pathname.com/fhs/ SEE ALSO
ggz_h(3), ggzcore_h(3), ggzmod_h(3), libggz(3), libggzcore(3), libggzmod(3), attributes(5), ggz.modules(5), gnome-interfaces(5), ggz(6), ggz-config(6) GGZ Gaming Zone: http://www.ggzgamingzone.org/ AUTHORS
The GGZ Development Team <ggz-dev@mail.ggzgamingzone.org> Last edited by Michal Pryc, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. The GGZ Development Team 0.0.14 ggz(7)