Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Add a file to existing zip file Post 302252758 by incredible on Thursday 30th of October 2008 09:01:45 AM
Old 10-30-2008
There's nothing wrong in your syntax. Its either the problem is with your zip file or check the disk partition size where you are currently in.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to add a line of data to already existing file in Unix..

Hello.. I have a text file with 100 lines of data. I need to add 1 line of data to that already existing file at the first line( beginning of the file) , so that the already existing 100 lines will start from 2 nd line.Now the file will have 101 lines of data. Help me on how to add the line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charan81
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add Multiple Lines in an existing file

Hi Unix Experts, I like to add the following multiple lines in an existing file: CHANNELS: MaxChannels=600 MaxActiveChannels=600 MaxInitiators=22 I would be highly appreciated if somebody can shed some light on it. Thank you in advance!!! Khan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkhan12
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to add files to an existing tar file - HP-UNIX

Hello, What is the command to add files to an existing tar file. Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nomaad
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add a new column in an existing file

Hi guys, Please help me if u have some solution. I have a file with three columns separated by ':' - INPUT_FILE C416722_2 : calin Dirigent : Dirigent AC4174_6 : Jac : cal_co TC4260_5 : [no : lin kite BC426302_1 : [no : calin Dirigent lin JC426540_3 : lin Pymo_bin : calin TC428_3 : no7... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_2921
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add line with data to existing file

i have a file called motors with 3 columns separated with tabs eg: car make reg i want to create a executable file that will add a line with data eg: car make reg benz s600 t35778 can you please show me how to do this? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fletcher
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To add a file to the zip or tarred file

Hi, I know how to extract a particular files from the tar content. But, I am not sure, is it possible to do the same in zip. Also, may i know is there a way to add a file to tar or zip content without extracting them. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to add columns from a file into an existing file

Hi! I would need some help to add the last two columns of one file into another file using awk (or something similar). For example, I have: file 1: file 2: car book day root lag bar look pay boot tag tar took may moot sag I want to have:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: coconaza
5 Replies

8. Ubuntu

How to add a data column in existing file

Hi All I need to add a column on my existing data file. I know similar posts are there but none of them were meeting my requirement. My input is 1.20 3.44 4.88 5.11 4.99 3.22 1.89 3.89 2.90 Desired output 1 1.20 3.44 4.88 2 5.11 4.99 3.22 3 1.89 3.89 2.90 I will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahbub03
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add new column from another file in existing file

I have two files which has one column comman in them. The two files has exact same number of rows in the same sequence. I want to add the second column of Users_detail_servicesonly.txt as last column in the existing file. 1) Users_detail_complete.txt V0135 Memb Info ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev Yadav
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with add existing file name as new data column in new output file

Input File 1 cat S1.txt MI0043 2731 miR-1 Input File 2 cat S4.txt MI006 310 CiR-1 MI057 10 CiR-24 MI750 5 CiR-24 Desired Output File 1 cat S1.txt.out MI0043 2731 miR-1 S1.txt Desired Output File 2 cat S4.txt.out MI006 310 CiR-1 S4.txt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies
APMLABEL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       APMLABEL(8)

NAME
apmlabel -- update disk label from Apple Partition Map SYNOPSIS
apmlabel [-fqrw] device DESCRIPTION
apmlabel is used to update a NetBSD disk label from the Apple Partition Map found on disks that were previously used on Mac OS systems (or other APM using systems). apmlabel scans the APM contained in the first blocks of the disk and generates additional partition entries for the disk from the entries found. Driver and patches partitions are ignored. Each APM entry which does not have an equivalent partition in the disk label (equivalent in having the same size and offset) is added to the first free partition slot in the disk label. A free partition slot is defined as one with an fstype of 'unused' and a size of zero ('0'). If there are not enough free slots in the disk label, a warning will be issued. The raw partition (typically partition c, but d on i386 and some other platforms) is left alone during this process. By default, the proposed changed disk label will be displayed and no disk label update will occur. Available options: -f Force an update, even if there has been no change. -q Performs operations in a quiet fashion. -r In conjunction with -w, also update the on-disk label. -w Update the in-core label if it has been changed. SEE ALSO
disklabel(8), dkctl(8), pdisk(8) HISTORY
The apmlabel command appeared in NetBSD 5.0. BSD
May 19, 2007 BSD