Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Add a file to existing zip file Post 302252466 by Ariean on Wednesday 29th of October 2008 01:48:29 PM
Old 10-29-2008
Add a file to existing zip file

Hi,

I was trying to add a file to the existing zip file and i was using the below command but could not able to succeed. Could you please throw some light on this. Thanks for your time.

Syntax

zip 20081029.zip Siebel_DW_Rep_Dev2_20081016.rep

Error message:

zip warning: missing end signature--probably not a zip file (did you
zip warning: remember to use binary mode when you transferred it?)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to add a line of data to already existing file in Unix..

Hello.. I have a text file with 100 lines of data. I need to add 1 line of data to that already existing file at the first line( beginning of the file) , so that the already existing 100 lines will start from 2 nd line.Now the file will have 101 lines of data. Help me on how to add the line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charan81
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add Multiple Lines in an existing file

Hi Unix Experts, I like to add the following multiple lines in an existing file: CHANNELS: MaxChannels=600 MaxActiveChannels=600 MaxInitiators=22 I would be highly appreciated if somebody can shed some light on it. Thank you in advance!!! Khan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkhan12
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to add files to an existing tar file - HP-UNIX

Hello, What is the command to add files to an existing tar file. Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nomaad
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add a new column in an existing file

Hi guys, Please help me if u have some solution. I have a file with three columns separated by ':' - INPUT_FILE C416722_2 : calin Dirigent : Dirigent AC4174_6 : Jac : cal_co TC4260_5 : [no : lin kite BC426302_1 : [no : calin Dirigent lin JC426540_3 : lin Pymo_bin : calin TC428_3 : no7... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_2921
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add line with data to existing file

i have a file called motors with 3 columns separated with tabs eg: car make reg i want to create a executable file that will add a line with data eg: car make reg benz s600 t35778 can you please show me how to do this? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fletcher
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To add a file to the zip or tarred file

Hi, I know how to extract a particular files from the tar content. But, I am not sure, is it possible to do the same in zip. Also, may i know is there a way to add a file to tar or zip content without extracting them. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to add columns from a file into an existing file

Hi! I would need some help to add the last two columns of one file into another file using awk (or something similar). For example, I have: file 1: file 2: car book day root lag bar look pay boot tag tar took may moot sag I want to have:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: coconaza
5 Replies

8. Ubuntu

How to add a data column in existing file

Hi All I need to add a column on my existing data file. I know similar posts are there but none of them were meeting my requirement. My input is 1.20 3.44 4.88 5.11 4.99 3.22 1.89 3.89 2.90 Desired output 1 1.20 3.44 4.88 2 5.11 4.99 3.22 3 1.89 3.89 2.90 I will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahbub03
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add new column from another file in existing file

I have two files which has one column comman in them. The two files has exact same number of rows in the same sequence. I want to add the second column of Users_detail_servicesonly.txt as last column in the existing file. 1) Users_detail_complete.txt V0135 Memb Info ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev Yadav
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with add existing file name as new data column in new output file

Input File 1 cat S1.txt MI0043 2731 miR-1 Input File 2 cat S4.txt MI006 310 CiR-1 MI057 10 CiR-24 MI750 5 CiR-24 Desired Output File 1 cat S1.txt.out MI0043 2731 miR-1 S1.txt Desired Output File 2 cat S4.txt.out MI006 310 CiR-1 S4.txt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies
ZIPMERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ZIPMERGE(1)

NAME
zipmerge - merge zip archives SYNOPSIS
zipmerge [-DhIiSsV] target-zip source-zip Op source-zip ... DESCRIPTION
zipmerge merges the source zip archives source-zip into the target zip archive target-zip. By default, files in the source zip archives overwrite existing files of the same name in the target zip archive. Supported options: -D Ignore directory components in file name comparisons. -h Display a short help message and exit. -I Ignore case in file name comparisons -i Ask before overwriting files. See also -s. -S Do not overwrite files that have the same size and CRC32 in both the source and target archives. -s When -i is given, do not before overwriting files that have the same size and CRC32. -V Display version information and exit. EXIT STATUS
zipmerge exits 0 on success and 1 if an error occurred. SEE ALSO
zipcmp(1), ziptorrent(1), libzip(3) AUTHORS
Dieter Baron <dillo@giga.or.at> and Thomas Klausner <tk@giga.or.at> NiH June 4, 2008 ZIPMERGE(1)