Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: xterm -display
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers xterm -display Post 302252240 by spirtle on Wednesday 29th of October 2008 04:59:30 AM
Old 10-29-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapper222
the piping you are talking about....something like this ?

xlsfonts -display remotews:0.0 | more
Yes..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xterm

Guys: Anyone have ideas on where can I get information or references if I want to learn on how to program with UNIX GUIs? If you do have ideas please let me know. Its a big help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfsuminist
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xterm and display

I go to a different terminal ctrl-alt f2 i want to be able to open up another xterm there. How do i do it? Specificly, I want to be able to log into another computer in term f2. I then want to open a gui term and then execute programs on one computer but have them display on mine? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macdonto
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xterm

Would someone tell me how to save changes in xterm once I've made them using the program options? For example, I type: xterm -bg red and my console window changes color. But how can I now make this attribute save, so that it becomes the default when I relaunch xterm? Any help you can offer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: af6
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xterm?

Hello all, This is a lame question because I have been working with unix for some years now, but anyway here it is; What is an xterm? ivo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ivo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

xterm help?

I want to add a title to this xterm window but cannot figure out how. Can anybody assist with this? xterm +sb -geom 80x25 -ls -tn xterms -tm "intr ^q" -name unikix -e $UNIKIX/bin/unikixl (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: douknownam
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xterm

hi I'm trying to launch admintool via an export DISPLAY. that is i am doing a rlogin to serverB from serverA. i did the command export DISPLAY=serverA:0 but it prompted me the error DISPLAY=serverA:0: is not an identifier i have searched the forum but there is not much things on this error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display output of one xterm on another

Setup: Two users, each likely on Windows PCs, using either putty or SecureCRT to connect to a remote Solaris server. The connection could be either telnet or ssh. Wanted: How can the output of one users xterm be directed to the other user so that you can easily allow someone to see what... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vi-Curious
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xterm display options

Hello everyboby, can someone write me all options for Xterm option -name. For example, I know that @d give me server ip... but, how to write something like ${USER}@${HOST}: ${PWD}$ on title bar ? I use a connection line like this @(XTerm, method=stdappdb) -fn 6x13 -bg AliceBlue -fg blue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Xterm display immediatly dies in hpux 11.23

After install of the Sept. 2010 patch set on my hpux 11.23 system, my xterm when launched, dies immediately on the client with the xserver, with a core.xterm file in root of the hpux server. This had been working before the patch install. I tried to find xterm patches from ITRC (yes the old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
1 Replies
shownonascii(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   shownonascii(1)

NAME
shownonascii - View all or part of a mail message in a non-ASCII font SYNOPSIS
shownonascii charset-font-name [-e command-to-execute] file-name(s) DESCRIPTION
The shownonascii program allows data in non-ASCII character sets to be viewed under X11. By default, it will open up an xterm using the font named in the first argument, running the "more" command to view all of the files named on the command line. If the -e switch is used, the rest of the command line will be taken as the command to tell xterm to run instead of more. If the MM_CHARSET environment variable is set and matches the character set named in the first argument, a new xterm window will not be opened. If the MM_AUXCHARSETS environment variable is set the character set named in the first argument is a subset of that string, a new xterm window will not be opened. SEE ALSO
mailto-hebrew(1), mailto(1), metamail(1) BUGS
Nope. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1991 Bell Communications Research, Inc. (Bellcore) Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this material for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies, and that the name of Bellcore not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to this material without the specific, prior written permission of an authorized representative of Bellcore. BELLCORE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR SUITABILITY OF THIS MATERIAL FOR ANY PURPOSE. IT IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. AUTHOR
Nathaniel S. Borenstein, Bellcore Release 1 shownonascii(1)