Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to view .tar file in unix Post 302251388 by sdosanjh on Monday 27th of October 2008 03:04:05 AM
Old 10-27-2008
Bug

Thanks dude.... it works

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to view ps and pdf file under unix

Hello, I'd like to view ps and pds file under Unix(Xwindow) who could tell me the which software/command can work? Thanks! Vicky (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vicky20000
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar file in unix

Hi all, Please give me one example session to create a tar file in unix Shruti (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruti_mgp
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create a Tar of multiple Files in Unix and FTP the tar to Windows.

Hi, On my Unix Server in my directory, I have 70 files distributed in the following directories (which have several other files too). These files include C Source Files, Shell Script Source Files, Binary Files, Object Files. a) /usr/users/oracle/bin b) /usr/users/oracle... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marconi
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to add files to an existing tar file - HP-UNIX

Hello, What is the command to add files to an existing tar file. Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nomaad
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f` only tar 1 file

Hi all, 4 files are returned when i issue 'find . -mtime -1 -type f -ls'. ./ora_475244.aud ./ora_671958.aud ./ora_934052.aud ./ora_934050.aud However, when I issued the below command: tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f`, the tar file only contains the 1st file -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script to search within a .tar or .gz file

HI, I want to get few line from the file which is in .gz file. .gz file contains many txt files and I want to search a string in all these txt files and need to get the previous 3 line as output including current line(where search string present). I tried the zgrep and got the line number,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sateesh512
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to view unix file ?

Hi to all, 1- I'm trying to open a certain file in unix with the tool KEA! 2- i get to the correct folder with the CD command 3- Once in the correct directory i try the following unix command: vi NameOfFile.Z 4- Yes those files finish with a .Z 5 - I get something in the KEA!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchoniathon
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Tar file backup

I want to create a tar file that backup all my recent work. I have no idea how Tar file works and I am new to Unix Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GGBEASTBOI
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX command to check if file name ends with .tar OR if the file is a tar file

Hello Team, Would you please help me with a UNIX command that would check if file is a tar file. if we dont have that , can you help me with UNIX command that would check if file ends with .tar Thanks in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjaydubey2006
10 Replies

10. Solaris

UNIX : how can I recover a corrupt tar file from a tape?

I've a tape contains a corrupt tar file. I'm using Unix SunOS 5.5.1. So when I run this command : dd if=/dev/rmt/0 of=/tmp/outputfile.tar I get this error message : warning /pci@1f, 0/pci@1/pci@1/sunw, isptwo@4/st@4,0 (sty): Error for command : read Error Level: Fatal Requested... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akaderb
2 Replies
ORANGE(1)							   User Commands							 ORANGE(1)

NAME
orange - extract CAB files from self-extracting installers DESCRIPTION
orange [-d DIRECTORY] [-D LEVEL] [-h] FILENAME -d DIRECTORY Extract files to DIRECTORY -D LEVEL Set debug log level 0 - No logging (default) 1 - Errors only 2 - Errors and warnings 3 - Everything -h Show this help message FILENAME The file to list or extract contents of Orange is a tool and library for squeezing out juicy installable Microsoft Cabinet Files from self-extracting installers for Microsoft Win- dows. It currently supports the following kinds of installers: * Early support for installers created by Installer VISE. (Orange 0.3 or later) * Support for some installers created by Inno Setup. (Orange 0.2 or later) * Early support for the installer used by TomTom prod- ucts. (Orange 0.2 or later) * InstallShield versions 5 and 6, using Unshield for extracting InstallShield Cabinet files. * Setup Factory versions 5 and 6 using Dynamite for data decompression. * Some other installer (using a DLL called inflate.dll). This is used by for example Macromedia Flash Player 6 for Pocket PC 2002. * Microsoft Cabinets (also self-extracting) when you have Cabextract installed. * Zip archives (also self-extracting) when you have UnZip installed. orange 0.3.1 July 2004 ORANGE(1)