Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ptree for linux
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo ptree for linux Post 302250179 by james.witte on Wednesday 22nd of October 2008 08:36:50 PM
Old 10-22-2008
thank you. I will try that when I get home from work.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Meaning of ps -afe ,ps -fp and ptree

Hello, I was searching for the meaning of commands like ps -afe ,ps -fp and ptree but was not able to find there exact meaning .... Pls help me in getting these... Thanks in advance, Pradeep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PradeepRed
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

killing PID's of ptree

gurus, normally to stop a process ,i need to kill all its child & then parent process. i do it manually as follows bash-2.03$ ps -ef | grep bpm|grep -v grep tibadmin 21882 21875 0 May 27 ? 0:00 /bin/sh ./bpmse_20.sh -Xms512m -Xmx512m /tibco/UpdateCustomer/dat/UpdateCustome ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

equivalent of ptree command in zsh

ptree command is not working in zsh. Could anyone let me know the equivalent of ptree command in zsh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhams
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

pfiles and pstack and ptree

Can someone tell me the Linux equivalent for pstack and pfiles and ptree which are Solaris commands. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bdsffl
1 Replies

5. Solaris

kill the processes seen under ptree

Hi, How to kill the processes running under ptree ? I am noticing lot of processes running under ptree with ssh ? I tried to kill with -9 option which is not working ? Thanks, Radhika. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhirk
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

prstat from ptree ...

Hi, I know how to figure out the list of PID from my application name : ptree `pgrep MyApp` | awk '{print $1}' But I dont know how to pipe it for prstat -p <pidlist> ptree `pgrep MyApp` | awk '{print $1}' | prstat -p ??? I would like to monitor every ptree PID from my application. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickTrader
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ptree equivalent for IBM machine

Hi does anyone know of the equivalent of "ptree <PID>" command which can be used on IBM (AIX) machine. I was trying to use "ptref" but it produces too many lines of "unrelated " to the PID output. May be someone has this issue before. Thanks a lot -A (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
2 Replies

8. Solaris

rlogin under ptree (vsh is high)

Hi, Recently did a ptree on a vsh PID and found that the only child process underneath the vsh parent is rlogin (telnet session(s)). Is there any way to drill down further from here? What causes rlogin to make vsh go high or is it rlogin? The cpu utilization at times is at 48-49%. We want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: troystevens
0 Replies

9. Linux

similar command of ptree in linux

Hello guys, Is there any command to check the all child processes of a process like `ptree`? ptree is not working in Linux.. Regards, Raghu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Tip] ptree for Linux

Unix (and Linux) uses a process tree that gives a natural security, by simple inheritance of attributes. The following ptree script shows it. It runs on all Linux flavors. Mostly useful for debugging. #!/bin/sh # Solaris style ptree && exec /usr/bin/ptree "$@" ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadeInGermany
6 Replies
cachefslog(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    cachefslog(1M)

NAME
cachefslog - Cache File System logging SYNOPSIS
cachefslog [-f logfile | -h] cachefs_mount_point DESCRIPTION
The cachefslog command displays where CacheFS statistics are being logged. Optionally, it sets where CacheFS statistics are being logged, or it halts logging for a cache specified by cachefs_mount_point. The cachefs_mount_point argument is a mount point of a cache file system. All file systems cached under the same cache as cachefs_mount_point will be logged. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. You must be super-user to use the -f and -h options. -f logfile Specify the log file to be used. -h Halt logging. OPERANDS
cachefs_mount_point A mount point of a cache file system. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of cachefslog when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking the Logging of a directory. The example below checks if the directory /home/sam is being logged: example% cachefslog /home/sam not logged: /home/sam Example 2: Changing the logfile. The example below changes the logfile of /home/sam to /var/tmp/samlog: example# cachefslog -f /var/tmp/samlog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 3: Verifying the change of a logfile. The example below verifies the change of the previous example: example% cachefslog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 4: Halting the logging of a directory. The example below halts logging for the /home/sam directory: example# cachefslog -h /home/sam not logged: /home/sam EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 success non-zero an error has occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cachefsstat(1M), cachefswssize(1M), cfsadmin(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Invalid path It is illegal to specify a path within a cache file system. SunOS 5.10 7 Feb 1997 cachefslog(1M)