Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using unset to delete array elements Post 302250068 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 22nd of October 2008 04:28:46 PM
Old 10-22-2008
The elements are not reordered.
Code:
for i in 0 1 2 3 
do
   echo "test_array  $i  = ${test_array[i]}"
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP: how can I delete empty/NULL elements from a multi-dimensional array.

Hi all I have a file that i'm running and exec(cat ./dat) against..and putting its contents into any array, then doing an exploding the array into a multi-dimension array... The 15 multi-dimensional arrays have elements that are null/empty, I would like to remove/unset these elements and then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeekblack
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array with String Elements

How can I get my array to understand the double-quotes I'm passing into it are to separate text strings and not part of an element? here's what I'm working with... db2 -v connect to foo db2 -x "select '\"' || stats_command || '\",' from db2law1.parallel_runstats where tabname = 'BAZ'" set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djschmitt
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with replacing Array elements

Hi, I have an array containing following sample information @array = qw (chr02 chr02 chr02 chr02 chr02 chr03 chr03 chr04 chr04 chr05 chr05 chr05 chr07 chr07) I need to replace all duplicate entries by an underscore to get the following output@array = qw (chr02 _ _ _ _ chr03 _ chr04 _ chr05 _ _... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing array elements

Is there a way to print multiple array elements without iterating through the array using bash? Can you do something like... echo ${array}and get all those separate elements from the array? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrymer
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grouping array elements - possible?

I have a script which takes backup of some configuration files on my server. It does that by using an array which contains the complete path to the files to backup. It copys the files to a pre defined dir. Each "program" has it's own folder, ex. apache.conf is being copied to /predefined... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnn
7 Replies

6. Programming

Array Elements Check

Hi everyone, :) I'm trying to make a simple C program that scans an array of chars to see if its elements are similar. I can't understand what's wrong. Could you help me to fix this? Here is the code. Thanks! #include<stdio.h> int main() { int arr; int i, len; int flag =... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: IgorGest
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random elements from array

Hi I wanted to print random elements from an array at bash shell I use the following code, but I always see first element getting printed #!/bin/bash c=1 expressions=(pink red white yellow purple) while ]; do echo "The value of RANDOM is $RANDOM" selectedexpression=${expressions}]};... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help reading the array and sum of the array elements

Hi All, need help with reading the array and sum of the array elements. given an array of integers of size N . You need to print the sum of the elements in the array, keeping in mind that some of those integers may be quite large. Input Format The first line of the input consists of an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nishantrefound
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Unset array element and save to file in Bash

#!/bin/bash X=(2H 4S 10D QC JD 9H 8S) How do I unset the 10D from this array and save it to a file? Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cogiz
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get unique elements from Array

I have an array code and output is below: echo $1 while read -r fline; do echo "%%%%%%$fline%%%%%" fmy_array+=("$fline") done <<< "$1" Output: CR30903 YU0007 SRIL CR30903 Yogesh SRIL %%%%%%CR30903 YU0007 SRIL%%%%% %%%%%%CR30903 Yogesh SRIL%%%%% ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
ARRAY_REPLACE_RECURSIVE(3)						 1						ARRAY_REPLACE_RECURSIVE(3)

array_replace_recursive - Replaces elements from passed arrays into the first array recursively

SYNOPSIS
array array_replace_recursive (array $array1, array $array2, [array $...]) DESCRIPTION
array_replace_recursive(3) replaces the values of $array1 with the same values from all the following arrays. If a key from the first array exists in the second array, its value will be replaced by the value from the second array. If the key exists in the second array, and not the first, it will be created in the first array. If a key only exists in the first array, it will be left as is. If several arrays are passed for replacement, they will be processed in order, the later array overwriting the previous values. array_replace_recursive(3) is recursive : it will recurse into arrays and apply the same process to the inner value. When the value in $array1 is scalar, it will be replaced by the value in $array2, may it be scalar or array. When the value in $array1 and $array2 are both arrays, array_replace_recursive(3) will replace their respective value recursively. PARAMETERS
o $array1 - The array in which elements are replaced. o $array2 - The array from which elements will be extracted. o $... - Optional. More arrays from which elements will be extracted. RETURN VALUES
Returns an array, or NULL if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_replace_recursive(3) example <?php $base = array('citrus' => array( "orange") , 'berries' => array("blackberry", "raspberry"), ); $replacements = array('citrus' => array('pineapple'), 'berries' => array('blueberry')); $basket = array_replace_recursive($base, $replacements); print_r($basket); $basket = array_replace($base, $replacements); print_r($basket); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [citrus] => Array ( [0] => pineapple ) [berries] => Array ( [0] => blueberry [1] => raspberry ) ) Array ( [citrus] => Array ( [0] => pineapple ) [berries] => Array ( [0] => blueberry ) ) Example #2 array_replace_recursive(3) and recursive behavior <?php $base = array('citrus' => array("orange") , 'berries' => array("blackberry", "raspberry"), 'others' => 'banana' ); $replacements = array('citrus' => 'pineapple', 'berries' => array('blueberry'), 'others' => array('litchis')); $replacements2 = array('citrus' => array('pineapple'), 'berries' => array('blueberry'), 'others' => 'litchis'); $basket = array_replace_recursive($base, $replacements, $replacements2); print_r($basket); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [citrus] => Array ( [0] => pineapple ) [berries] => Array ( [0] => blueberry [1] => raspberry ) [others] => litchis ) SEE ALSO
array_replace(3), array_merge_recursive(3). PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_REPLACE_RECURSIVE(3)