Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HPUX & Top Command
Operating Systems HP-UX HPUX & Top Command Post 302249374 by DustBunny on Tuesday 21st of October 2008 07:58:11 AM
Old 10-21-2008
Hiya,

I do not think that glance is inbuilt stuff and we do need to install it..

I'm kinda with a server issue here, however, below thread of our forum would help you I guess..

HP-UX glance

-DB

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BOX Status with vmstat & top Solaris 2.8

Hi there, I´m trying to get the information of vmstat & top in two different logfiles. That not that difficult. vmstat 30 >> myfile.log top >> myfile2.log But I also like to include a timestamp every 30 sec to be sure from what date the logs are. For the Top command I were able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isacs
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

HPUX printers & plotters disable on a daily basis

HI all, I've been having issues with printers and plotters disabling with no reason at all...It could happen to the same workstation once a day or once a week..There is nothing consistant..I stop and restart the spooler, only then can I re-enable the disabled printer.... If anyone is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shutdown
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX 386 & HPUX

We have a C program which does the encryption and decryption. It is running fine in UNIX 386. But the same C program is giving different results in HP UX server. We found that the Ascii codes (output) are different. I don;t know why it is giving different results. How can we get the same output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

hpux top colour

Hello, is there some way to change b/w colour of top command output in hpux B.11.31 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonijel
1 Replies

5. AIX

Top command in AIX 4.2 (no topas, no nmon, no top)?

Is there a 'top' command equivalent in AIX 4.2 ? I already checked and I do not see the following ones anywhere: top nmon topas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Which company's hardware is more stable, in case of IBM (AIX), HP (HPUX) & Sun (Solaris)

Hi guru I want to know which company's hardware is more stable means in term of H/W faults or replacement, in case of IBM (AIX), HP (HPUX) & SUN MICROSYSTEM (Solaris) & which order also, if we go through more stable to less stable system. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Spawn more than 8 threads OpenMP & HPUX

Hi folks, I am trying to run more than 8 threads in OpenMP team on my HP-UX 11i v3 system (without root access), but NO success. Compiler: aCC A.06.26 I tried to setup: OMP_NUM_THREADS, omp_set_num_threads(), max_thread_proc=1000, nkthread=8416, set_dynamic=0 Machine has 2 processors... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ATveretinov
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Crontab & TOP output

Hello Guru's I'm trying to take the output of solaris top command and output to a txt file every few minutes. The issue that I'm experiencing is that I can run the following: #!/bin/bash # logfile="/usr/mvf/morris/top.log" # echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlemorris
2 Replies
sa(8)							      System Manager's Manual							     sa(8)

Name
       sa, accton - print process accounting statistics

Syntax
       /etc/sa [ options ] [ file ]

/etc/accton [ file ]

Arguments
       file    With  an  argument naming an existing file, causes system accounting information for every process executed to be placed at the end
	       of the file.  If no argument is given, accounting is turned off.

Description
       The command reports on, cleans up, and generally maintains accounting files.

The is able to condense the information in into a summary file which contains a count of the number of times each command  was  called  and
       the time resources consumed.  This condensation is desirable because on a large system can grow by 100 blocks per day.  The summary file is
       normally read before the accounting file, so the reports include all available information.

If a file name is given as the last argument, that file will be treated as the accounting file.	The file is the default.

Output fields are labeled: "cpu" for the sum of user+system time (in cpu seconds), "re" for real time (also in cpu seconds), "k"  for  cpu-
       time  averaged  core usage (in 1k units), "avio" for average number of I/O operations per execution.  With options fields labeled "tio" for
       total I/O operations, "k*sec" for cpu storage integral (kilo-core seconds), "u" and "s" for user and system cpu time  alone  (both  in  cpu
       seconds) will sometimes appear.

Options
       -a      List  all  command names including those containing unprintable characters and those used only once. By default, places all command
	       names containing unprintable characters and those used only once under the name `***other.'

-b      Sort output by sum of user and system time divided by number of calls.  Default sort is by sum of user and system times.

-c      Besides total user, system, and real time for each command, print percentage of total time over all commands.

-d      Sort by average number of disk I/O operations.

-D      Print and sort by total number of disk I/O operations.

-f      Force no interactive threshold compression with option.

-i      Do not read in summary file.

-j      Instead of total minutes for each category, give seconds per call.

-k      Sort by cpu-time average memory usage.

-K      Print and sort by cpu-storage integral.

-l      Separate system and user time; normally they are combined.

-m      Print number of processes and number of CPU minutes for each user.

-n      Sort by number of calls.

-r      Reverse order of sort.

-s      Merge accounting file into summary file when done.

-t      For each command, report ratio of real time to the sum of user and system times.  If the sum of user and system times is too  small
	       to report, `*ignore*' appears in this field.

-u      Superseding all other flags, print for each command in the accounting file the user ID and command name.

-v      Followed  by  a number n, types the name of each command used n times or fewer.	Await a reply from the terminal; if it begins with
	       `y', add the command to the category `**junk**.' This is used to strip out garbage.

Restrictions
       Accounting is suspended when there is less than 2% free space on disk.  Accounting resumes when free space rises above 4%.

Files
       Raw accounting

Summary

Per-user summary

See Also
       acct(2), ac(8)

sa(8)