Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy files listed in a text file - whitespace problem. Post 302249091 by cfajohnson on Monday 20th of October 2008 03:04:34 PM
Old 10-20-2008

Remove the quotes from the name in copy.out, and change IFS to a newline:

Code:
IFS='
'
cp $( cat copy.out ) ./temp

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

CVSWeb - Directories listed but files not listed

I am using CVSWeb on HPUnix. When i access it, all directories are listed but files are not listed. I am getting the error "NOTE: There are 51 files, but none matches the current tag. " in tomcat sevrer log i am getting the message "rlog warning: Missing revision or branch number after -r"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shellscript to sort duplicate files listed in a text file

I have many pdf's scattered across 4 machines. There is 1 location where I have other Pdf's maintained. But the issues it the 4 machines may have duplicate pdf's among themselves, but I want just 1 copy of each so that they can be transfered to that 1 location. What I have thought is: 1) I have... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaddevil
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send a mail to IDs listed in a text file

I have a list of mail ids in text file and want a ksh script that reads this text file and sends a mail to all mail ids with same subject line and content. I am using UX-HP machine and KSH. Thanks for help in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
5 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

copy files inside a text file

Hi Guys , I am new to this and Hi to all ,Need your help I am trying to copy Files which are inside file.txt The files inside file.txt are inthe below order file1.log file2.log file3.log ....... I want to copy these files to an output Directory , Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hc17972
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

copy files inside a text file

Hi Guys , I am new to this and Hi to all ,Need your help I am trying to copy Files which are inside file.txt The files inside file.txt are inthe below order file1.log file2.log file3.log ....... I want to copy these files to an output Directory , Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hc17972
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files listed in text file to new directory

I am trying to write a script that will copy all file listed in a text file (100s of file names) to a new directory Assume script will run with main as current working directory and I know how many files/lines will be in List.txt Im trying to work up a test script using this model Contents of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IAmTheGrass
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep a log file for words listed in separate text file?

Hello, I want to grep a log ("server.log") for words in a separate file ("white-list.txt") and generate a separate log file containing each line that uses a word from the "white-list.txt" file. Putting that in bullet points: Search through "server.log" for lines that contain any word... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files listed in text file

Hi Team, Here's the scenario, I have a text file called "file_list.txt". Its content is as follows. 111.tmp 112.tmp 113.tmp 114.tmp These files will present in "workdir" directory. It has many files. But only the files present in file_list.txt has to be deleted from the workdir... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat files listed in text file and redirect to new directory with same filename

I have a directory that is restricted and I cannot just copy the files need, but I can cat them and redirect them to a new directory. The files all have the date listed in them. If I perform a long listing and grep for the date (150620) I can redirect that output to a text file. Now I need to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trigger467
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to delete the junk files from a directory which are not listed in a TEXT file

Hello Everyone, I want to delete the image files from a directory, which are not listed in a TEXT file. The directory contains large number of image files (in millions) required / not required. I want to delete the image files which are "not required". I have generated a Text file having... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
3 Replies
ttk::labelframe(n)						 Tk Themed Widget						ttk::labelframe(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::labelframe - Container widget with optional label SYNOPSIS
ttk::labelframe pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::labelframe widget is a container used to group other widgets together. It has an optional label, which may be a plain text string or another widget. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -cursor -takefocus -style See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-labelanchor labelAnchor] Specifies where to place the label. Allowed values are (clockwise from the top upper left corner): nw, n, ne, en, e, es, se, s,sw, ws, w and wn. The default value is theme-dependent. [-text text] Specifies the text of the label. [-under- line underline] If set, specifies the integer index (0-based) of a character to underline in the text string. The underlined character is used for mnemonic activation. Mnemonic activation for a ttk::labelframe sets the keyboard focus to the first child of the ttk::labelframe widget. [-padding padding] Additional padding to include inside the border. [-labelwidget labelWidget] The name of a widget to use for the label. If set, overrides the -text option. The -labelwidget must be a child of the labelframe widget or one of the labelframe's ancestors, and must belong to the same top-level widget as the labelframe. [-width width] If specified, the widget's requested width in pixels. [-height height] If specified, the widget's requested height in pixels. (See ttk::frame(n) for further notes on -width and -height). WIDGET COMMAND
Supports the standard widget commands configure, cget, identify, instate, and state; see ttk::widget(n). SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(n), ttk::frame(n), labelframe(n) KEYWORDS
widget, frame, container, label, groupbox Tk 8.5 ttk::labelframe(n)