Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Redirecting part of output to stdout Post 302248422 by Legend986 on Friday 17th of October 2008 03:20:58 PM
Old 10-17-2008
Thank You Smilie Just learning Unix so got curious in messing around with things...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting STDOUT & STDERR

In bash, I need to send the STDOUT and STDERR from a command to one file, and then just STDERR to another file. Doing one or the other using redirects is easy, but trying to do both at once is a bit tricky. Anyone have any ideas? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jshinaman
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

implicitly redirecting stdout to a file

Is there a way to redirect all stdout to a file implicitly - like defining stdout=/home/me/process.log - so that all "echo" commands in several scripts/subscripts are written to that file; instead of having to edit all scripts to redirect the "echo" (e.g. echo 'This is a test ' >>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ALTRUNVRSOFLN
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Preserve output order when redirecting stdout and stderr

Hi, I already searched through the forum and tried to find a answer for my problem but I didn't found a full working solution, thats way I start this new thread and hope, some can help out. I wonder that I'm not able to find a working solution for the following scenario: Working in bash I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Boemm
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting to stdout in betwen command

can anyone help me in making singleline command for Capital Letters are folders ,small letter are files X,Y,Z are subfolders of A as shown below A - X,Y,Z Folder X has three files a.txt,b.txt,c.txt similarly Y,Z. as shown below X- a.txt,b.txt,c.txt Y- a.txt,b.txt,c.txt Z-... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoenix_nebula
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting stdout to variable while printing it

Hi everybody, I am trying to do the thing you see in the title, and I can't simply do a=$(svn up) echo $a because the program (svn) gives output on lots of lines and in the variable the output is stored on only one line (resulting in a horribly formatted text). Any tips? Thanks,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocirne94
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting stdout problem

I have a simple bash script that prints sth every 5 seconds. What I do is the following. I redirect the output of the script to a file, tail the file and see that it works and then from another console I delete the file where the output is redirected to. Even though I have deleted the file, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igurov
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting stdout continously to a file

I have a C program that continously outputs info to stdout. The problem is that I am redirecting the stdout and stderr to a file and stdout is written at the end of the problem rather than continously to the file. This could be a problem if for example the program is killed and the stdout output is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: igurov
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File descriptors, redirecting output, and stdout

Hello all. I've been lurking here for a year or two and finally decided to post. I need some assistance with file descriptors, stdout, and redirecting output. I've searched through a number of very helpful threads here (unfortunately I can't link to any of them yet due to my low post count...),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael_K
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirecting stdout inside a loop

hi, OK. I am writing a bash script, and it is almost working for me. Problem 1: I currently have stout sent to a file (stout.miRNA.bash.$date_formatted) which I would like to have work inside my loop, but when I move it, it just prints to the screen. Problem 2: I have a second file... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmortens
18 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting stdout output to whiptail menu box

As a result of whiptail menu option I am getting a data from a file. Naturally it is output to terminal as stdour. I like to redirect the output back to the menu. It can be done with single input of line of text , see attached. I just cannot see where or how the sample... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
0 Replies
VW(1)								   User Commands							     VW(1)

NAME
vw - Vowpal Wabbit -- fast online learning tool DESCRIPTION
VW options: -h [ --help ] Look here: http://hunch.net/~vw/ and click on Tutorial. --active_learning active learning mode --active_simulation active learning simulation mode --active_mellowness arg (=8) active learning mellowness parameter c_0. Default 8 --adaptive use adaptive, individual learning rates. --exact_adaptive_norm use a more expensive exact norm for adaptive learning rates. -a [ --audit ] print weights of features -b [ --bit_precision ] arg number of bits in the feature table --bfgs use bfgs optimization -c [ --cache ] Use a cache. The default is <data>.cache --cache_file arg The location(s) of cache_file. --compressed use gzip format whenever possible. If a cache file is being created, this option creates a compressed cache file. A mixture of raw-text & compressed inputs are supported with autodetection. --conjugate_gradient use conjugate gradient based optimization --nonormalize Do not normalize online updates --l1 arg (=0) l_1 lambda --l2 arg (=0) l_2 lambda -d [ --data ] arg Example Set --daemon persistent daemon mode on port 26542 --num_children arg (=10) number of children for persistent daemon mode --pid_file arg Write pid file in persistent daemon mode --decay_learning_rate arg (=1) Set Decay factor for learning_rate between passes --input_feature_regularizer arg Per feature regularization input file -f [ --final_regressor ] arg Final regressor --readable_model arg Output human-readable final regressor --hash arg how to hash the features. Available options: strings, all --hessian_on use second derivative in line search --version Version information --ignore arg ignore namespaces beginning with character <arg> --initial_weight arg (=0) Set all weights to an initial value of 1. -i [ --initial_regressor ] arg Initial regressor(s) --initial_pass_length arg (=18446744073709551615) initial number of examples per pass --initial_t arg (=1) initial t value --lda arg Run lda with <int> topics --lda_alpha arg (=0.100000001) Prior on sparsity of per-document topic weights --lda_rho arg (=0.100000001) Prior on sparsity of topic distributions --lda_D arg (=10000) Number of documents --minibatch arg (=1) Minibatch size, for LDA --span_server arg Location of server for setting up spanning tree --min_prediction arg Smallest prediction to output --max_prediction arg Largest prediction to output --mem arg (=15) memory in bfgs --noconstant Don't add a constant feature --noop do no learning --output_feature_regularizer_binary arg Per feature regularization output file --output_feature_regularizer_text arg Per feature regularization output file, in text --port arg port to listen on --power_t arg (=0.5) t power value -l [ --learning_rate ] arg (=10) Set Learning Rate --passes arg (=1) Number of Training Passes --termination arg (=0.00100000005) Termination threshold -p [ --predictions ] arg File to output predictions to -q [ --quadratic ] arg Create and use quadratic features --quiet Don't output diagnostics --rank arg (=0) rank for matrix factorization. --random_weights arg make initial weights random -r [ --raw_predictions ] arg File to output unnormalized predictions to --save_per_pass Save the model after every pass over data --sendto arg send examples to <host> -t [ --testonly ] Ignore label information and just test --loss_function arg (=squared) Specify the loss function to be used, uses squared by default. Currently available ones are squared, classic, hinge, logistic and quantile. --quantile_tau arg (=0.5) Parameter au associated with Quantile loss. Defaults to 0.5 --unique_id arg (=0) unique id used for cluster parallel jobs --total arg (=1) total number of nodes used in cluster parallel job --node arg (=0) node number in cluster parallel job --sort_features turn this on to disregard order in which features have been defined. This will lead to smaller cache sizes --ngram arg Generate N grams --skips arg Generate skips in N grams. This in conjunction with the ngram tag can be used to generate generalized n-skip-k-gram. vw 6.1 June 2012 VW(1)