Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: using sed to get IP-address
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using sed to get IP-address Post 302248183 by eeriale on Friday 17th of October 2008 05:25:27 AM
Old 10-17-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin52
With sed:

Code:
node="node_ip:109.50.89.211; node:j20"

echo "$node"|sed 's/.*:\(.*\);.*/\1/'

Regards

Thanks for reply,

But as i said earlier this does not work if you change order of node_ip and node. i.e string looks like this:
"node:j20; node_ip:109.50.89.211"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: Multiple Commands applied to an address

Trying to write a sed command that applies multiple replacements to a specific address. Need a second pair of eyes I guess cause my syntax appears to be correct (obviously not though) I am getting an error. Any Help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance. sed -f foo envOracle sed: Function... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

$Variable address in sed

I'm attempting to append a line after a specific address with sed. If I type in the address eg.3 then it will append after the third line. I can't get it to work with a variable though. Does anyone know how to do it please? sed '/3/a\ text' filename :) sed '/\$address/a\ text' filename... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sniper Pixie
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep or sed help for a word and an IP address

I would like to grab only designates and the IP address next to it. I can also live with client-ip=xx.xx.xx.xx Any help is much appreciated. line to grep or sed: Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of support@uhb-hosting.de designates 80.67.28.12 as permitted sender)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigta09
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Local IP address using Sed, Awk

Hi All, how to get solaris box local ip addresss in variable, using sed or awk utlities. Thanks, Mani Muthu (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_manimuthu
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED With Regex to extract Email Address

Hi Folks, In my program, I have a variable which consists of multiple lines. i need to use each line as an input. My intention is to extract the email address of the user in each line and use it to process further. The email address could be anywhere in the whole line. But there will be only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragz_82
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with awk or sed. Need to replace all IP address by 2

Hi, In a file, I have several time <IP>232.0.1.164</IP> ... <IP>232.0.1.135</IP> I need to replace all the random IP addresses , by 239.0.0.1 and 239.0.0.2 , alternatively. I try this grep "<IP>" tsp.xml | awk '{if(NR % 2)print $0}' | cut -d"<" -f2 | cut -d">" -f2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredMo
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Find and sed for an email address in Solaris 10

in Solaris 10 I am able to run: find . -type f -name "copy*" exec grep example.com {} \; and I get results. but when I try to find and sed: find . -type f -name "copy*" exec sed -e 's/user@example\.com/user2@example\.com' {} \; the command executes correctly but doesn't change... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

IP Address Modification through awk/sed

Hi, I have to modify the 2nd and 3rd octet of the IP address through awk/sed. For Example: Given IP is : 10.205.22.254, it should be modified as 10.105.100.254 through awk/sed. Kindly help me on this and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks in advances. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarbka
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: -e expression #1, char 16: unterminated address regex

I am trying to grep for a particular text (Do action on cell BL330) in a text file(sample.gz) which is searched in the content filtered by date+timestamp (2016-09-14 01:09:56,796 to 2016-09-15 04:10:29,719) on a remote machine and finally write the output into a output file on a local machine. ... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbadveti
23 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sed: -e expression #1, char 20: unterminated address regex

I am trying to add word in last of particular line. the same command syntex is running on prompt. but in bash script give error."sed: -e expression #1, char 20: unterminated address regex" Please help. for i in `cat servername`; do ssh -q -t root@$i sed -i '/simple_allow_groups =/s/$/,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yash_message
4 Replies
trigger(8)						      System Manager's Manual							trigger(8)

Name
       trigger - trigger a target node to request a down-line load

Syntax
       /etc/trigger node [ options ]

Description
       The command triggers the bootstrap mechanism of a target node, causing the target to request a down-line load.  Once a target node is trig-
       gered, it loads itself in whatever manner its primary loader is programmed to operate.  The target node could request a down-line load from
       the host that just triggered it or from another adjacent node, or the target node could load itself from its own mass storage device.

The  node argument is the name or address of the target node.  A node name consists of from one to six alphanumeric characters.	For single
       networks, a node address consists of a decimal integer (1-1023).  For multiple networks, a node address consist	of  two  decimal  integers
       (n.n), where the first indicates the network number (1-63), and the second indicates the node address (1-1023).

The  command requires the identification of the service circuit over which the load is performed, the Ethernet hardware address of the tar-
       get node, and the service password needed to gain access to the target.	This information is included in the nodes database entry  for  the
       target node.  A node entry is defined with the command.	For further information, see Alternatively, you can choose not to include a target
       node's service password in the nodes database for security reasons.  You must therefore specify this value in the command line by using the
       -p option.

Options
       -p     Uses the specified service and password (next arguments) in accessing the target node.

Examples
       This command triggers node Bangor to issue a down-line load request:
       # /etc/trigger bangor <RET>

See Also
       mop_mom(8), addnode(8), load(8), remnode(8), getnode(8), ccr(8)
       Guide to Local Area Transport Servers

trigger(8)