Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem defining remote printers on solaris 10 Post 302247745 by bonovox on Thursday 16th of October 2008 09:53:14 AM
Old 10-16-2008
Solaris 10 - 11/06
Patch level 137111-03

Printers that I need to install are laser / inkjet vendor HP; impact printers vendor OKI and termic printers vendor Intermec.

I already defined all printers (like 300) on server with solaris 9 and also solaris 10. On August sistems was patched but I didn't had necessity of configure remote printers. Only now a user asked me to configure a printer on my quality sistem and I've found the problem.
I think that a patch could correct the problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris and NT/Win2k HP Printers Help

I'm currently trying to setup a Solaris machine to use a couple of HP printers. The printers are connected using jetdirect to printservers ( 1 NT and 1 Win2k). I've tried adding access using the admintool but when I try and print the print fails with the error msg : error transferring print job.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ianf
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remote hosts access problem on solaris

hey guys, i am on a box named pluto and i need to be able to log into another box named genesis. i need to be able to ssh into genesis as root and not get asked for the password. what file do i need to edit on genesis to make this happen? i searched for the .rhosts file it doesn't seem to exist.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Terrible
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting/Filed Defining/Output problem

need a little help with a few tid bits. I wrote a script that checks the resoluion of image files and writes them out to a file then sorts the resolutions by largets Width. Then take the sorted files information and toss all the 835 widths into a seperate file. Ignore the redundancies its a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TiredOrangeCat
1 Replies

4. Solaris

run xclock from local solaris to remote solaris

Hello - I am trying to connect to a remote solaris box from a solaris box i have locally present with me using 'ssh login@IP' ... Its connecting fine but... when I run xclock - it says 'Can't open display' Whereas, IF I connect to same remote solaris IP from my windows desktop locally via putty... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

alias defining problem in .cshrc file

Hi folks, I'm trying to define the following command as alias in .cshrc file: ls -ltr | grep ^d | awk '{print $9}' | xargs du -hs I defined it as the following: alias nirdirs '`ls -ltr | grep "^d" | awk "{print \\$9}" | xargs du -hs`' I've got the following error when I've run the alias:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Picking problem with printers

Hello to everybody i have problem the picking process falls and falls. I dont now what the picking process do i believe that is a print server on a data base i dont know where to look. Is a solaris 10 with korn sheell the process show this ps -ef | grep picking batch 18466 1 0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
5 Replies

7. Programming

Problem defining a struct

I have the following code and getting the compilation errors baseLib/DynBaseObj.h:80: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(' token baseLib/DynBaseObj.h:89: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(' token baseLib/DynBaseObj.h:101:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Problem in setting up printers

Hi, We are facing an issue while setting up printers in solaris 5.10 . We have Oracle EBS installed over it. We have configured the printer and when we try printing a page from EBS it is printing fine. But the problem arises when we print two copies of the page. The first page is printing fine... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srinathkiru
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to add mutiple printers in solaris box

Hi , i need to configure around 80 printers in a server. can someone please help me with the script. i have a file that has printer name and its ip. like. printer1 1.1.1.1 printer2 0.0.0.0 and so on.. can some one please help me to do it via script. i am using solaris 10 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Defining variable problem

Hi I'd say I'm having this weird problem where my script isn't taking the value off a variable or printing it. My code is like this: set count_C= `grep -c C mols` set count_H= `grep -c H mols` set count_O= `grep -c O mols` sed -i '7,7 s/$/ $count_C $count_O $count_H/g' input It... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saleheen
8 Replies
hp-pqdiag(1)							   User Manuals 						      hp-pqdiag(1)

NAME
hp-pqdiag - Print Quality Diagnostic Utility DESCRIPTION
Print quality diagnostic utility for HPLIP supported inkjet printers. (Note: Most printers do not require the use of this utility). SYNOPSIS
hp-pqdiag [DEVICE_URI|PRINTER_NAME] [MODE] [OPTIONS] PRINTER
|DEVICE-URI To specify a device-URI: -d<device-uri> or --device=<device-uri> To specify a CUPS printer: -p<printer> or --printer=<printer> MODE
Run in graphical UI mode: -u or --gui (Default) OPTIONS
Use Qt4: --qt4 (Default) Set the logging level: -l<level> or --logging=<level> <level>: none, info*, error, warn, debug (*default) Run in debug mode: -g (same as option: -ldebug) This help information: -h or --help SEE ALSO
hp-align hp-clean hp-colorcal hp-linefeedcal AUTHOR
HPLIP (Hewlett-Packard Linux Imaging and Printing) is an HP developed solution for printing, scanning, and faxing with HP inkjet and laser based printers in Linux. REPORTING BUGS
The HPLIP Launchpad.net site https://launchpad.net/hplip is available to get help, report bugs, make suggestions, discuss the HPLIP project or otherwise contact the HPLIP Team. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2001-14 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details. Linux 1.0 hp-pqdiag(1)