Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk or sed for finding closest pattern to a line number Post 302245814 by Franklin52 on Saturday 11th of October 2008 06:08:34 AM
Old 10-11-2008
Should be something like:

Code:
awk '
/---/{c=0}
{a[++c]=$0}
/qqq/{for(i=1;i<=c;i++){print a[i]}exit}
' file

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using awk to get a line number to delete, piping through sed

Alright, I'm sure there's a more efficient way to do this... I'm not an expert by any means. What I'm trying to do is search a file for lines that match the two input words (first name, last name) in order to remove that line. The removal part is what I'm struggling with. Here is my code: echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazypeterson
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Include Line Before Pattern Using Sed / Awk

Hi, I have a sql file that runs something like this vi Test.sql REVOKE EXECUTE ON DEMO_USER.SQC_SAMP FROM PUBLIC; REVOKE EXECUTE ON DEMO_USER.SQC_SAMP FROM DEMO_READ; REVOKE SELECT ON DEMO_USER.DEMO_NOMINEE_TEST FROM DEMO_READ; REVOKE EXECUTE ON DEMO_USER.SQC_SAMP FROM... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed match closest/nearest pattern

All i am struggling to raplace some text in a line between two (closest) patterns , line="/home/usr/bin/:/home/usr/devuser,n1.9/bin:/home/usr/root/bin" i want to replace "devuser,n1.9" with "NEWVAL", basically all teh text from "devuser" until nearest '/' with some new text. i tried teh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudheer1984
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on Sed/awk/getting line number from file

I Have file1 with below lines : #HostNameSelection=0 :NotUsed #HostNameSelection=1 :Automatic #HostNameSelection=3 :NotForced I have file2 which has similar lines but with different values I want to copy the changes from file1 to file2 ,line by line only if line begins with '#'. for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvr
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a pattern in a file with a generated number using sed or awk

my file has thousands of line but let me show what i want to achieve... here is one line from that file cat fileName.txt (2,'','user3002,user3003','USER_DATA_SINGLE',1,0,0,'BACKUP',2,NULL,0,450,NULL,NULL,'','2011-05-10... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed print range of lines between line number and pattern

Hi, I have a file as below This is the line one This is the line two <\XMLTAG> This is the line three This is the line four <\XMLTAG> Output of the SED command need to be as below. This is the line one This is the line two <\XMLTAG> Please do the need to needful to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RMN
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk-sed help : to remove first and last line with pattern match:

awk , sed Experts, I want to remove first and last line after pattern match "vg" : I am trying : # sed '1d;$d' works fine , but where the last line is not having vg entry it is deleting one line of data. - So it should check for the pattern vg if present , then it should delete the line ,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match pattern and print the line number of occurence using awk

Hi, I have a simple problem but i guess stupid enough to figure it out. i have thousands rows of data. and i need to find match patterns of two columns and print the number of rows. for example: inputfile abd abp 123 abc abc 325 ndc ndc 451 mjk lkj... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print line when closest number if found

so i have a code that identifies which value is the closest to a value provided by the user. awk -F"," -v c=${COLUMN} -v t=${USTIME} '{a=$c}END{ asort(a);d=a-t;d=d<0?-d:d;v = a for(i=NR-1;i>=1;i--){ m=a-t;m=m<0?-m:m if(m<d){ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[sed] Finding and sticking the pattern to the beginning of successive lines up to the next pattern

I have a file like below. 2018.07.01, Sunday 09:27 some text 123456789 0 21 0.06 0.07 0.00 2018.07.02, Monday 09:31 some text 123456789 1 41 0.26 0.32 0.00 09:39 some text 456789012 1 0.07 0.09 0.09 09:45 some text 932469494 1 55 0.29 0.36 0.00 16:49 some text 123456789 0 48 0.12 0.15 0.00... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: father_7
9 Replies
NG_TCPMSS(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					      NG_TCPMSS(4)

NAME
ng_tcpmss -- netgraph node to adjust TCP MSS option SYNOPSIS
#include <netgraph.h> #include <netgraph/ng_tcpmss.h> DESCRIPTION
The tcpmss node type is designed to alter the Maximum Segment Size option of TCP packets. This node accepts an arbitrary number of hooks. Initially a new hook is considered unconfigured. The NG_TCPMSS_CONFIG control message is used to configure a hook. CONTROL MESSAGES
This node type supports the generic control messages, plus the following. NGM_TCPMSS_CONFIG (config) This control message configures node to do given MSS adjusting on a particular hook. It requires the struct ng_tcpmss_config to be sup- plied as an argument: struct ng_tcpmss_config { char inHook[NG_HOOKSIZ]; char outHook[NG_HOOKSIZ]; uint16_t maxMSS; } This means: packets received on inHook would be checked for TCP MSS option and the latter would be reduced down to maxMSS if it exceeds maxMSS. After that, packets would be sent to hook outHook. NGM_TCPMSS_GET_STATS (getstats) This control message obtains statistics for a given hook. The statistics are returned in struct ng_tcpmss_hookstat: struct ng_tcpmss_hookstat { uint64_t Octets; /* total bytes */ uint64_t Packets; /* total packets */ uint16_t maxMSS; /* maximum MSS */ uint64_t SYNPkts; /* TCP SYN packets */ uint64_t FixedPkts; /* changed packets */ }; NGM_TCPMSS_CLR_STATS (clrstats) This control message clears statistics for a given hook. NGM_TCPMSS_GETCLR_STATS (getclrstats) This control message obtains and clears statistics for a given hook. EXAMPLES
In the following example, packets are injected into the tcpmss node using the ng_ipfw(4) node. # Create tcpmss node and connect it to ng_ipfw node ngctl mkpeer ipfw: tcpmss 100 qqq # Adjust MSS to 1452 ngctl msg ipfw:100 config '{ inHook="qqq" outHook="qqq" maxMSS=1452 }' # Divert traffic into tcpmss node ipfw add 300 netgraph 100 tcp from any to any tcpflags syn out via fxp0 # Let packets continue with ipfw after being hacked sysctl net.inet.ip.fw.one_pass=0 SHUTDOWN
This node shuts down upon receipt of an NGM_SHUTDOWN control message, or when all hooks have been disconnected. SEE ALSO
netgraph(4), ng_ipfw(4) HISTORY
The ng_tcpmss node type was implemented in FreeBSD 6.0. AUTHORS
Alexey Popov <lollypop@flexuser.ru> Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@FreeBSD.org> BUGS
When running on SMP, system statistics may be broken. BSD
June 9, 2005 BSD