Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting write a c program that simulates ls command Post 302245354 by matrixmadhan on Friday 10th of October 2008 02:13:35 AM
Old 10-10-2008
Why should we write that for you ?

Is this a homework ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent!! How to write a shell program to execute command to access internet?

hi, I am new ot unix. So, can i write a shell(c shell or korn shell) program to access internet? I mean if I run the program, it can access specified url and then copy the html to a file? Can anyone help me? And how can make the program runs every 1 hr? new comer (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firebirdonfire
2 Replies

2. Programming

how can i write process_pool program?

i want to write a server process in the sco unix 505.The server process will fork multi-child-processes when it first starts.once parent process listen and accept any connect from client,it will transfer the connected sockfd to any free child process and child process will read client request from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hit
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write next line program

Hi, I am having an input file which contains a group of words,if one specific word comes which goes to next line. example: input file===> shashi country= india comapny= none shashi shashi company= NONE shashi=my name output===> shashi country= india comapny= none shashi shashi... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hegdeshashi
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can anyone help? I have to Write a program in C that recognizes the following commands and translate

I have to Write a program in C that recognizes the following commands and translates them into much simpler ones Commands to recognize shorter command list L cd dir C - dir_length - dir get file_name G - file_name_length - file_name Long commands are read from the standard input and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aintour
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write a shell program for back up

Hello.. I want to take back up from server to local machine and i dont know how to do it using cron and sftp . I can do it by manually typing password in the terminal and taking the back up. How to create a 'backup.sh' file for doing all the back up process and shut down automatically after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepoos
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you write this program/script?

I need help with the following. 1) Write a program in any language that takes a single integer array parameter and returns the decimal average of the input values. 2) Write a program, in any language, that prints the integers from 1 to 10, along with a cumulative sum of the integers printed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sqa4life
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell program with input

Hi, Here is my question: I want a shell script which I name as 'del', and can be used as del(string). when run del(string), it will delete several directories at different locations in my system,like: rm -fr /lustre/fs/scratch/user/$string rm -fr /home/user/$string rm -fr... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1988PF
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write files for compiling a program.?

I am hoping someone can give me a good free web resource for writing code to compile a binary executable. I am getting fairly decent at writing shell script, are the .f files just shell scripts? Also, I don't know where to begin on the makefiles. The reason I am curious is because I have been... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butson
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script that simulates a SSH brute force attack

I want to test the effectiveness of sshguard on some of my systems so I'm trying to write a script that simulates a brute force attack by sending a bunch of different username and password combinations to the servers being tested. So far I have this: #!/usr/local/bin/expect set timeout 3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ph0enix
5 Replies
NEWGRP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 NEWGRP(1)

NAME
newgrp -- change to a new primary group SYNOPSIS
newgrp [-l] [group] DESCRIPTION
The newgrp command changes a user to a new primary group (real and effective group ID) by starting a new shell. The user remains logged in and the current directory and file creation mask remain unchanged. The user is always given a new shell even if the primary group change fails. The newgrp command accepts the following options: -l The environment is changed to what would be expected if the user actually logged in again. This simulates a full login. The group is a group name or non-negative numeric group ID from the group database. The real and effective group IDs are set to group or the group ID associated with the group name. If group is not specified, newgrp restores the user's real and effective group IDs to the user's primary group specified in the password database. The user's supplementary group IDs are restored to the set specified for the user in the group database. If the user is not a member of the specified group, and the group requires a password, the user will be prompted for the group password. FILES
/etc/group The group database /etc/master.passwd The user database /etc/passwd A Version 7 format password file EXIT STATUS
If a new shell is started the exit status is the exit status of the shell. Otherwise the exit status will be >0. SEE ALSO
csh(1), groups(1), login(1), sh(1), su(1), umask(2), group(5), passwd(5), environ(7) STANDARDS
The newgrp command conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
A newgrp command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. A newgrp command appeared in NetBSD 5.0. BUGS
There is no convenient way to enter a password into /etc/group. The use of group passwords is strongly discouraged since they are inherently insecure. It is not possible to stop users from obtaining the encrypted password from the group database. BSD
June 6, 2007 BSD