Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Expect Script - While file exist Post 302244843 by skal5 on Wednesday 8th of October 2008 05:38:55 PM
Old 10-08-2008
I could do that using shell script, but I am automating some tests where in the script auto logs-in a remote server, then navigate to the specific directory where the data is, then touch the data file with .ready extension, and then waits for the process to complete processing (creates a .ctl file), after which my using my expect script, I'll have to rename .ctl file to .done extension

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have a shell script check for a file to exist before processing another file

I have a shell script that runs all the time looking for a certain type of file and then it processes the file through a series of other scripts. The script is watching a directory that has files uploaded to it via SFTP. It already checks the size of the file to make sure that it is not still... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Script to check file exist and compare

I need a script that will check for the existence of new files that FTP'd in the morning, results go to log file. The 2nd step is to compare the new file with the previous days file. If the new file size is 30% or more smaller in size then previous day this needs to also be sent to log. This... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rbknisely
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

input from a file into an expect script ?

Hi, I have an expect script that logs into a host (via ssh) requests the hostid then exits... I am happy with that. However how can I run the same script in a kind of 'while read line' and enter lots of hosts? My knowledge is still very limited (as you will soon see) so any other ideas would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: starsky
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange expect script behavior, or am i misunderstanding expect scripting?

Hello to all...this is my first post (so please go easy). :) I feel pretty solid at expect scripting, but I'm running into an issue that I'm not able to wrap my head around. I wrote a script that is a little advanced for logging into a remote Linux machine and changing text in a file using sed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: v1k0d3n
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file and if it doesnt exist , exit script

Hi, Another problem, here is my code #!/bin/sh dir='/opt/apps/script/CSV' datadir='/opt/apps/script/data' while : ; do ls -1rt $dir/*.csv > /dev/null 2>&1 if ;then cp $datadir/weekly.txt $dir/weekly.csv else exit 0 fi done (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

file does not exist or unreadable in an FTP script

I will appreciate any help with this... I have a file in this directory that looks like: this 07210900.SUP, I am getting the following error: Activities for Tue Jul 21 07:29:14 EDT 2009: File 07210900.SUP does not exist or unreadable End of activities The idea is to capture the file in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rechever
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with Expect script for Cisco IPS Sensors, Expect sleep and quoting

This Expect script provides expect with a list of IP addresses to Cisco IPS sensors and commands to configure Cisco IPS sensors. The user, password, IP addresses, prompt regex, etc. have been anonymized. In general this script will log into the sensors and send commands successfully but there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genewolfe
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check files if exist else touch the file

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I wrote the following code if then echo "version is 1.1" for i in "subscriber promplan mapping dedicatedaccount faflistSub faflistAcc accumulator pam_account" do FILE="SDP_DUMP_$i.csv" echo "$FILE" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verifying if a file exist (script shell)

Hello, This is my code: nb_lignes=`wc -l $1 | cut -d " " -f1` for i in $(seq $(($nb_lignes - 1)) ) do machine=`head $1 -n $i | tail -1` machine1=`head $1 -n $nb_lignes | tail -1` ssh root@$machine -x " scp /home/file.txt root@$machine1:/home && rm -r /home/file.txt" done fi ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
2 Replies

10. Programming

Expect script returning string following a found expect.

I'm fairly new to scripting so this might not be possible. I am using Expect with Cisco switches and need to capture the string after finding the expect request. For example, when I issue "show version" on a Nexus switch, I'm looking to capture the current firmware version: #show version ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IBGaryA
0 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)