Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Expect Script - While file exist Post 302244834 by ramen_noodle on Wednesday 8th of October 2008 05:11:28 PM
Old 10-08-2008
Ouch. I could probably advise but your outlined procedure is very wrong.
If all in tcl this will require a moderate amount of work and very little expect as
explained.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have a shell script check for a file to exist before processing another file

I have a shell script that runs all the time looking for a certain type of file and then it processes the file through a series of other scripts. The script is watching a directory that has files uploaded to it via SFTP. It already checks the size of the file to make sure that it is not still... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Script to check file exist and compare

I need a script that will check for the existence of new files that FTP'd in the morning, results go to log file. The 2nd step is to compare the new file with the previous days file. If the new file size is 30% or more smaller in size then previous day this needs to also be sent to log. This... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rbknisely
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

input from a file into an expect script ?

Hi, I have an expect script that logs into a host (via ssh) requests the hostid then exits... I am happy with that. However how can I run the same script in a kind of 'while read line' and enter lots of hosts? My knowledge is still very limited (as you will soon see) so any other ideas would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: starsky
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange expect script behavior, or am i misunderstanding expect scripting?

Hello to all...this is my first post (so please go easy). :) I feel pretty solid at expect scripting, but I'm running into an issue that I'm not able to wrap my head around. I wrote a script that is a little advanced for logging into a remote Linux machine and changing text in a file using sed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: v1k0d3n
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file and if it doesnt exist , exit script

Hi, Another problem, here is my code #!/bin/sh dir='/opt/apps/script/CSV' datadir='/opt/apps/script/data' while : ; do ls -1rt $dir/*.csv > /dev/null 2>&1 if ;then cp $datadir/weekly.txt $dir/weekly.csv else exit 0 fi done (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

file does not exist or unreadable in an FTP script

I will appreciate any help with this... I have a file in this directory that looks like: this 07210900.SUP, I am getting the following error: Activities for Tue Jul 21 07:29:14 EDT 2009: File 07210900.SUP does not exist or unreadable End of activities The idea is to capture the file in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rechever
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with Expect script for Cisco IPS Sensors, Expect sleep and quoting

This Expect script provides expect with a list of IP addresses to Cisco IPS sensors and commands to configure Cisco IPS sensors. The user, password, IP addresses, prompt regex, etc. have been anonymized. In general this script will log into the sensors and send commands successfully but there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genewolfe
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check files if exist else touch the file

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I wrote the following code if then echo "version is 1.1" for i in "subscriber promplan mapping dedicatedaccount faflistSub faflistAcc accumulator pam_account" do FILE="SDP_DUMP_$i.csv" echo "$FILE" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verifying if a file exist (script shell)

Hello, This is my code: nb_lignes=`wc -l $1 | cut -d " " -f1` for i in $(seq $(($nb_lignes - 1)) ) do machine=`head $1 -n $i | tail -1` machine1=`head $1 -n $nb_lignes | tail -1` ssh root@$machine -x " scp /home/file.txt root@$machine1:/home && rm -r /home/file.txt" done fi ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
2 Replies

10. Programming

Expect script returning string following a found expect.

I'm fairly new to scripting so this might not be possible. I am using Expect with Cisco switches and need to capture the string after finding the expect request. For example, when I issue "show version" on a Nexus switch, I'm looking to capture the current firmware version: #show version ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IBGaryA
0 Replies
DISLOCATE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      DISLOCATE(1)

NAME
Dislocate - disconnect and reconnect processes SYNOPSIS
dislocate [ program args... ] INTRODUCTION
Dislocate allows processes to be disconnected and reconnected to the terminal. Possible uses: o You can disconnect a process from a terminal at work and reconnect from home, to continue working. o After having your line be dropped due to noise, you can get back to your process without having to restart it from scratch. o If you have a problem that you would like to show someone, you can set up the scenario at your own terminal, disconnect, walk down the hall, and reconnect on another terminal. o If you are in the middle of a great game (or whatever) that does not allow you to save, and someone else kicks you off the ter- minal, you can disconnect, and reconnect later. USAGE
When run with no arguments, Dislocate tells you about your disconnected processes and lets you reconnect to one. Otherwise, Dislocate runs the named program along with any arguments. By default, ^] is an escape that lets you talk to Dislocate itself. At that point, you can disconnect (by pressing ^D) or suspend Dislo- cate (by pressing ^Z). Any Tcl or Expect command is also acceptable at this point. For example, to insert the contents of a the file /etc/motd as if you had typed it, say: send -i $out [exec cat /etc/motd] To send the numbers 1 to 100 in response to the prompt "next #", say: for {set i 0} {$i<100} {incr i} { expect -i $in "next #" send -i $out "$i " } Scripts can also be prepared and sourced in so that you don't have to type them on the spot. Dislocate is actually just a simple Expect script. Feel free to make it do what you want it to do or just use Expect directly, without going through Dislocate. Dislocate understands a few special arguments. These should appear before any program name. Each should be sep- arated by whitespace. If the arguments themselves takes arguments, these should also be separated by whitespace. The -escape flag sets the escape to whatever follows. The default escape is ^]. CAVEATS
This program was written by the author as an exercise to show that communicating with disconnected processes is easy. There are many fea- tures that could be added, but that is not the intent of this program. SEE ALSO
Tcl(3), libexpect(3) "Exploring Expect: A Tcl-Based Toolkit for Automating Interactive Programs" by Don Libes, O'Reilly and Associates, January 1995. AUTHOR
Don Libes, National Institute of Standards and Technology 7 October 1993 DISLOCATE(1)