Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to restart the tomcat server Post 302244519 by zaxxon on Wednesday 8th of October 2008 05:17:37 AM
Old 10-08-2008
1. You don't need java code for this.
2. You might check why it works only sometimes and fix it or get an update for your OS/tomcat.
3. Depending on distribution etc. there could be somewhere a script like "startup.sh" in your tomcat's bin directory which you might want to use instead.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

jsp not working on linux running tomcat server

hey there we cant seem to get jsp to load pages properly on linux running tomcat 4 server. everytime we run .jsp files, the source code comes up instead of the actual file contents. any suggestions?? cheers mile1982 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mile1982
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TomCat access in an Remote Linux Server

Hi all, I Installed Tomcat in an remote linux server (/usr/tomcat)and start service, using ./startup.sh (and tried with ./catalina.sh too). //----------------------------------------------------------------// # ./startup.sh Using CATALINA_BASE: /usr/tomcat/apache-tomcat-6.0.16/ Using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gothama
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

can I use tomcat server for my chatting application?

Hello, I have a socket programming code to do chatting(both server and client). But this is limited to a single machines with multi users. But my target is to perform chat operation on multiple IP addresses in a given LAN in college. Can you please tell me if I can use TOMCAT as my server to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
3 Replies

4. Solaris

what is the difference between http & Tomcat web server

I do not know the difference between the apache-http and the apche-Tomcat.Is they are differentiated on their version or on their features.:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaprakash
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble getting consistent PID of tomcat server from ps

Hello all, I am working on a script to automate the process of restarting some tomcat servers. The versions of tomcat are pretty old and it often happens that they don't shut down gracefully and the PID needs to be manually killed. I am having a bear of a time getting a consistent PID from ps... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dkaplowitz
1 Replies

6. Programming

Need a little help in running jsp pages(Tomcat server).

Hi, I have installed following software on my linux machine. Is there anything else required to run jsp pages on linux machine? Please Help Here are some details that might be helpful. # lsb_release -a LSB Version: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to debug an expect script running on a tomcat server

Hello everyone, I have a small expect script as follows; #!/usr/bin/expect -f set force_conservative 0 ;# set to 1 to force conservative mode even if ;# script wasn't run conservatively originally if {$force_conservative} { set send_slow {1 .1} proc send {ignore arg}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: randeel
1 Replies

8. Linux

How to push Tomcat logs to remote syslog server?

I found a script for automatically push tomcat logs to syslog server which is locate in same server. How do I change it to push logs to remote server? log4j.rootLogger=INFO, WARN, console, file, SYSLOG log4j.appender.file=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender log4j.appender.file.append=true... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heshandh
2 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to Monitor Tomcat App Server?

Tomcat stops logging intermittently for brief intervals of time like for 5 or 6 secs I wish to monitor if my Tomcat process gets stuck, hung or even shutdown or remains healthy at the time i see the problem of no logging. Can you please let me know how can i monitor Tomcat Application... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Building an apache-tomcat server

Hi, I have been assigned a task to build a server with these requirements : > has multiple tomcats running under the same apache. > tomcat & jdk has to be binded with apache. > latest openssl with all necesarry "mod" to bind with apache & tomcat. I am fairly new to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_TOMCAT(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_TOMCAT(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_tomcat - Manages a Tomcat servlet environment instance SYNOPSIS
tomcat [start | stop | status | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Resource script for Tomcat. It manages a Tomcat instance as a cluster resource. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
tomcat_name The name of the resource, added as a Java parameter in JAVA_OPTS: -Dname=<tomcat_name> to Tomcat process on start. Used to ensure process is still running and must be unique. (unique, optional, string, no default) script_log Log file, used during start and stop operations. (unique, optional, string, no default) tomcat_stop_timeout Time-out for stop operation. DEPRECATED (optional, integer, no default) tomcat_suspend_trialcount Maximum number of times to retry stop operation before suspending and killing Tomcat. DEPRECATED. Does not retry. (optional, integer, no default) tomcat_user The user who starts Tomcat. (optional, string, default "root") statusurl URL for state confirmation. (optional, string, no default) max_stop_time Number of seconds to wait during a stop before drastic measures (force kill) are used on the tomcat process. This number MUST be less than your cluster stop timeout for the resource. The default value is five seconds before the timeout value of stop operation. When it is over this value, it stops a process in kill commands. This parameter is only effective on Tomcat 6 or later. (optional, integer, no default) java_home Home directory of Java. (required, string, no default) java_opts Java JVM options used on start and stop. (optional, string, no default) catalina_home Home directory of Tomcat. (required, string, no default) catalina_base Instance directory of Tomcat (unique, optional, string, no default) catalina_out Log file name of Tomcat (unique, optional, string, no default) catalina_pid A PID file name for Tomcat. (unique, optional, string, no default) tomcat_start_script Absolute path to the custom tomcat start script to use. (optional, string, no default) tomcat_start_opts Tomcat start options. (optional, string, no default) catalina_opts Catalina options, for the start operation only. (optional, string, no default) catalina_tmpdir Temporary directory of Tomcat (unique, optional, string, no default) catalina_rotate_log Rotate catalina.out flag. (optional, boolean, default NO) catalina_rotatetime catalina.out rotation interval (seconds). (optional, integer, no default) java_endorsed_dirs Java_endorsed_dirs of tomcat (unique, optional, string, no default) logging_config Logging_config of tomcat (unique, optional, string, no default) logging_manager Logging_manager of tomcat (unique, optional, string, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 60s. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120s. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 60. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30s. Suggested interval: 10s. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5s. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a tomcat resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_tomcat ocf:heartbeat:tomcat params java_home=string catalina_home=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="30s" interval="10s" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/tomcat_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 06/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_TOMCAT(7)