Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to restart the tomcat server Post 302244516 by sankar reddy on Wednesday 8th of October 2008 05:11:18 AM
Old 10-08-2008
How to restart the tomcat server

hi,
I need a command that restart the tomcat server.

for example for restart the tomcat i am using following command, /etc/init.d/tomcat restart ..but sometimes is not working...might be i want to use java code access this peace of script.

like using the grep and ps commands can i use?

1.find the tomcat is running or not if yes find the command and try to execute that command again

for example
ps -ef| grep tomcat >>/dev/null

i am not sure how to write such scenario... please help anybody on this?

Thank you

Sankar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

jsp not working on linux running tomcat server

hey there we cant seem to get jsp to load pages properly on linux running tomcat 4 server. everytime we run .jsp files, the source code comes up instead of the actual file contents. any suggestions?? cheers mile1982 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mile1982
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TomCat access in an Remote Linux Server

Hi all, I Installed Tomcat in an remote linux server (/usr/tomcat)and start service, using ./startup.sh (and tried with ./catalina.sh too). //----------------------------------------------------------------// # ./startup.sh Using CATALINA_BASE: /usr/tomcat/apache-tomcat-6.0.16/ Using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gothama
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

can I use tomcat server for my chatting application?

Hello, I have a socket programming code to do chatting(both server and client). But this is limited to a single machines with multi users. But my target is to perform chat operation on multiple IP addresses in a given LAN in college. Can you please tell me if I can use TOMCAT as my server to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
3 Replies

4. Solaris

what is the difference between http & Tomcat web server

I do not know the difference between the apache-http and the apche-Tomcat.Is they are differentiated on their version or on their features.:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaprakash
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble getting consistent PID of tomcat server from ps

Hello all, I am working on a script to automate the process of restarting some tomcat servers. The versions of tomcat are pretty old and it often happens that they don't shut down gracefully and the PID needs to be manually killed. I am having a bear of a time getting a consistent PID from ps... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dkaplowitz
1 Replies

6. Programming

Need a little help in running jsp pages(Tomcat server).

Hi, I have installed following software on my linux machine. Is there anything else required to run jsp pages on linux machine? Please Help Here are some details that might be helpful. # lsb_release -a LSB Version: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to debug an expect script running on a tomcat server

Hello everyone, I have a small expect script as follows; #!/usr/bin/expect -f set force_conservative 0 ;# set to 1 to force conservative mode even if ;# script wasn't run conservatively originally if {$force_conservative} { set send_slow {1 .1} proc send {ignore arg}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: randeel
1 Replies

8. Linux

How to push Tomcat logs to remote syslog server?

I found a script for automatically push tomcat logs to syslog server which is locate in same server. How do I change it to push logs to remote server? log4j.rootLogger=INFO, WARN, console, file, SYSLOG log4j.appender.file=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender log4j.appender.file.append=true... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heshandh
2 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to Monitor Tomcat App Server?

Tomcat stops logging intermittently for brief intervals of time like for 5 or 6 secs I wish to monitor if my Tomcat process gets stuck, hung or even shutdown or remains healthy at the time i see the problem of no logging. Can you please let me know how can i monitor Tomcat Application... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Building an apache-tomcat server

Hi, I have been assigned a task to build a server with these requirements : > has multiple tomcats running under the same apache. > tomcat & jdk has to be binded with apache. > latest openssl with all necesarry "mod" to bind with apache & tomcat. I am fairly new to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies
gdm-restart(1m) 						   User Commands						   gdm-restart(1m)

NAME
gdm-restart, gdm-safe-restart, gdm-stop - stop or restart GDM SYNOPSIS
gdm-restart gdm-safe-restart gdm-stop DESCRIPTION
gdm-restart stops and restarts GDM by sending a HUP signal to the GDM daemon. This command immediately terminates all sessions and logs out users currently logged in with GDM. gdm-safe-restart stops and restarts GDM by sending a USR1 signal to the GDM daemon. GDM is restarted as soon as all users log out. gdm-stop stops GDM by sending a TERM signal to the GDM daemon. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gdm-restart Executable to stop and restart GDM /usr/bin/gdm-safe-restart Executable to stop and restart GDM safely /usr/bin/stop Executable to stop GDM ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-display-mgr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gdmXnestchooser(1), gdmdynamic(1), gdmflexiserver(1), gdmphotosetup(1), gdmthemetester(1), gdm(1m), gdmsetup(1m), attributes(5) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004, 2006. SunOS 5.11 1 Sep 2004 gdm-restart(1m)