Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Understanding a diff file
Operating Systems Linux Understanding a diff file Post 302243776 by era on Monday 6th of October 2008 02:46:05 PM
Old 10-06-2008

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

diff 2 files; output diff's to 3rd file

Hello, I want to compare two files. All records in file 2 that are not in file 1 should be output to file 3. For example: file 1 123 1234 123456 file 2 123 2345 23456 file 3 should have 2345 23456 I have looked at diff, bdiff, cmp, comm, diff3 without any luck! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blt123
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

diff part of file

Hello experts, I have 2 files file1: lalalala good file file2: lblblblb good file these two files are the same in my test case, how can I start compare after certain number of characters? or is there a better way to do this? Thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: minifish
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

Understanding File System

Hey guys im confused with the difference of these filesystems /bin, /sbin, /usr/bin, /usr/sbin. They all look like the same. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbn
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simulate SVN diff using plain diff

Hi, svn diff does not work very well with 2 local folders, so I am trying to do this diff using diff locally. since there's a bunch of meta files in an svn directory, I want to do a diff that excludes everything EXCEPT *.java files. there seems to be only an --exclude option, so I'm not sure... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ackbarr
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

i need diff understanding :)

Can someone tell me where i'm going wrong if ; then set outPut = diff "$file1" "$file2" | wc -l echo $file1 $file2; echo "$outPut" if ;then echo " "$file1" and "$file2" " v fi fi This is the following result: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: taiL
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

.procmailrc and uudeview (put attachments from diff senders to diff folders)

Moderator, please, delete this topic (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: optik77
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

serach diff filename in diff location using shell scripting

Hi, I am new to shell scripting. please help me to find out the solution. I need a script where we need to read the text file(consists of all file names) and get the file names one by one and append the date suffix for each file name as 'yyyymmdd' . Then search each file if exists... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lucky123
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Understanding File System

Can anybody provide me some good articles / links which will help me understand linux file system internals? I want to understand how a file when accessed from user mode through its file name resolves to particular memory location on memory. Where does the super, dentry and inodes come into... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diff 3 files, but diff only their 2nd column

Guys i have 3 files, but i want to compare and diff only the 2nd column path=`/home/whois/doms` for i in `cat domain.tx` do whois $i| sed -n '/Registry Registrant ID:/,/Registrant Email:/p' > $path/$i.registrant whois $i| sed -n '/Registry Admin ID:/,/Admin Email:/p' > $path/$i.admin... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need little help in understanding UNIX file system.

statement 1 : I see everyone saying Unix follows a tree like hierarchial structure. Statement 2: Unix file system has four blocks 1.boot block 2.super block 3.inodes 4.data block My question is , in which of the above four blocks , the hierarchial structure comes.?? How could we corelate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narendra Eliset
2 Replies
gnutls_privkey_import_pkcs11_url(3)				      gnutls				       gnutls_privkey_import_pkcs11_url(3)

NAME
gnutls_privkey_import_pkcs11_url - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <gnutls/abstract.h> int gnutls_privkey_import_pkcs11_url(gnutls_privkey_t key, const char * url); ARGUMENTS
gnutls_privkey_t key A key of type gnutls_pubkey_t const char * url A PKCS 11 url DESCRIPTION
This function will import a PKCS 11 private key to a gnutls_private_key_t structure. RETURNS
On success, GNUTLS_E_SUCCESS (0) is returned, otherwise a negative error value. SINCE
3.1.0 REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnutls@gnu.org>. General guidelines for reporting bugs: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/ GnuTLS home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gnutls is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gnutls programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gnutls should give you access to the complete manual. As an alternative you may obtain the manual from: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/ gnutls 3.1.15 gnutls_privkey_import_pkcs11_url(3)