Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications vi or vim replace ,$ (eol) with just a comma Post 302242565 by undeadb on Thursday 2nd of October 2008 09:02:29 AM
Old 10-02-2008
I know the Thread is kind of old already, but for who might get this page in a search, here is a other fast alternative:
Code:
:%s/,\n/,/g

works for me in a VIM 7.1 f/ windows <== irgh Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace , (comma) with space

Hi, what is the better way to replace the , (comma) with a space char? Example:STRING=dir1,dir2,dir3 toSTRING=dir1 dir2 dir3 And.. how to find if in the string there is a comma? Thanks :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbarberis
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace comma(,) with Tab

hi all, i have a file with commas(,). i want to replace all the commas with tab(\t). Plz help...its urgent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas_kesarwani
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma with newline

Hi, for some reason I cant seem to figure this out. I have a file which looks something like this word word word word word,word,word word word word,word,word,word,word word word Basically I want this whole thing to be a list with 1 word on each line like this... word word word... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eltinator
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VIM: replace a character in the middle of line

exmaple, i need to replace the number "5" from all lines below with "X"? What is the useful vim command that i can apply for.. ddpadsgg506xghssuyj ddpadsgag546xghssuys ddsadsgaag596xghssuy_te ddsadsgag506xghssuy_pe ddsadsgagc526xghssuys ddsads506ighssuys ddsadsgag506pghssuyk (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 793589
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace the | with Comma

Hi, The input file structure is given below: The Col1 and Col2 will be there always. But from Col3 there can be more columns. And Col3 will be always Col4 and Col5 will always be with Col6. I need to replace the | with comma. There are scnearios where there wont be no data.Below, the row 2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharathappriyan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace newline with comma.

I have output from a file like this: 15,01,11,14:06 235 I would like to change this to: 15,01,11,14:06,235 Removing newline and change to "," I now this can be done with tr cat OUT | tr '\n' ','' My problem is that tr is not implemented in this shell. sed is, show it should be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Regexp replace in vim/sed

Hi! I have a file with multiple lines following this format: <a href="xxx.aaa_bbb_ccc.yyy">xxx.aaa_bbb_ccc.yyy</a> The goal is to replace the title (not modifying the href) so the new lines looks like this: <a href="xxx.aaa_bbb_ccc.yyy">Aaa bbb ccc</a> The number of underscores in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericjohansson
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to replace two or more spaces with one comma?

I'm using sh on hp-ux. I've got a file that looks like this. -5.65 175 -16.17 160 -13.57 270 -51.72 260 -8.30 360 -42.71 460 -.38 375 -.20 375 -4.15 170 -21.53 560 -18.84 360 I'd like to replace all the whitespace between the columns with one comma. I can't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma and blank with comma and number

I, I have a file and i need to replace comma and blank space with comma and 0. cat file.txt a,5 b,1 c, d, e,4 I need the output as cat file.txt a,5 b,1 c,0 d,0 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace spaces with underscores up to first comma but not after the comma

I have a comma delimited file of major codes and descriptions. I want to replace all occurrences of spaces with underscores up to the first comma (only in the first field), but not replace spaces following the comma. For instance I have the following snippet of the file: EK ED,Elementary and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdouty
7 Replies
SLAPD.REPLOG(5) 						File Formats Manual						   SLAPD.REPLOG(5)

NAME
slapd.replog - slapd replication log format SYNOPSIS
slapd.replog slapd.replog.lock DESCRIPTION
The file slapd.replog is produced by the stand-alone LDAP daemon, slapd(8), when changes are made to its local database that are to be propagated to one or more replica slapds. The file consists of zero or more records, each one corresponding to a change, addition, or deletion from the slapd database. The file is meant to be read and processed by slurpd(8), the stand-alone LDAP update replication daemon. The records are separated by a blank line. Each record has the following format. The record begins with one or more lines indicating the replicas to which the change is to be propagated: replica: <hostname[:portnumber]> Next, the time the change took place given, as the number of seconds since 00:00:00 GMT, Jan. 1, 1970, with an optional decimal extension, in order to make times unique. Note that slapd does not make times unique, but slurpd makes all times unique in its copies of the replog files. time: <integer[.integer]> Next, the distinguished name of the entry being changed is given: dn: <distinguishedname> Next, the type of change being made is given: changetype: <[modify|add|delete|modrdn]> Finally, the change information itself is given, the format of which depends on what kind of change was specified above. For a changetype of modify, the format is one or more of the following: add: <attributetype> <attributetype>: <value1> <attributetype>: <value2> ... - Or, for a replace modification: replace: <attributetype> <attributetype>: <value1> <attributetype>: <value2> ... - Or, for a delete modification: delete: <attributetype> <attributetype>: <value1> <attributetype>: <value2> ... - If no attributetype lines are given, the entire attribute is to be deleted. For a changetype of add, the format is: <attributetype1>: <value1> <attributetype1>: <value2> ... <attributetypeN>: <value1> <attributetypeN>: <value2> For a changetype of modrdn, the format is: newrdn: <newrdn> deleteoldrdn: 0 | 1 where a value of 1 for deleteoldrdn means to delete the values forming the old rdn from the entry, and a value of 0 means to leave the val- ues as non-distinguished attributes in the entry. For a changetype of delete, no additional information is needed in the record. The format of the values is the LDAP Directory Interchange Format described in ldif(5). Access to the slapd.replog file is synchronized through the use of flock(3) on the file slapd.replog.lock. Any process reading or writing this file should obey this locking convention. EXAMPLE
The following sample slapd.replog file contains information on one of each type of change. replica: truelies.rs.itd.umich.edu replica: judgmentday.rs.itd.umich.edu time: 797612941 dn: cn=Babs Jensen,dc=example,dc=com changetype: add objectclass: person cn: babs cn: babs jensen sn: jensen replica: truelies.rs.itd.umich.edu replica: judgmentday.rs.itd.umich.edu time: 797612973 dn: cn=Babs Jensen,dc=example,dc=com changetype: modify add: description description: the fabulous babs replica: truelies.rs.itd.umich.edu replica: judgmentday.rs.itd.umich.edu time: 797613020 dn: cn=Babs Jensen,dc=example,dc=com changetype: modrdn newrdn: cn=Barbara J Jensen deleteoldrdn: 0 FILES
slapd.replog slapd replication log file slapd.replog.lock lockfile for slapd.replog SEE ALSO
ldap(3), ldif(5), slapd(8), slurpd(8) ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
OpenLDAP is developed and maintained by The OpenLDAP Project (http://www.openldap.org/). OpenLDAP is derived from University of Michigan LDAP 3.3 Release. OpenLDAP 2.1.X RELEASEDATE SLAPD.REPLOG(5)