Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use "not equal to " in IF statement Post 302242312 by manmeet on Wednesday 1st of October 2008 02:52:17 PM
Old 10-01-2008
How to use "not equal to " in IF statement

Hi,
i need to compare two variables by using if statement
Code:
if [ $var1 -ne $var2 ] 
 then 
  echo "$var1"
 else 
  echo "$var2"
fi

where -ne is used for not equal to but this is not working and giving me a syntax error. can anybody tel me how use not equal to with 'if' in ksh

thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

"if" and "then" statement is not working in RedHat

Dear experts, I'm trying to write a script to calculate the usage of Log Archive in a directory, so if it gets to a point where the directory size is 60%, then send out an FYI.. email. So if then it reaches to 80%, move the logs from that directory. I have written the script as follow but... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Afi_Linux
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

What "-a" operator means in "if" statement

Hi I am trying to figure out what the following line does, I work in ksh88: ] && LIST="$big $LIST" Not sure what "-a" means in that case. Thanks a lot for any advice -A (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the meaning of "-s" option in "if" statement?

Hi Guys, I'm sorry but I can't find answer for this, what is the meaning of -s option in "if" statement on unix scipting. Please see sample below: opath=/home/output for i in N1 N2 N3 N4 do echo $i if then grep $i $opath/N5_CRAI > $opath/N5_$i.crai chmod 777 $opath/N5_$i.crai ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

"if" statement based off "grep"

Hello, I am somewhat new to Linux/Unix. I am currently working on a shell script that is suppose to cat a file, grep the same file for a certain line, if that line is found save the file in a different location, else remove the file. This is a rough example of what I want. $Dating = False... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amzerik
13 Replies

7. Linux

Linux command to find and replace occurance of more than two equal sign with "==" from XML file.

Please help me, wasted hrs:wall:, to find this soulution:- I need a command that will work on file (xml) and replace multiple occurrence (more than 2 times) Examples 1. '===' 2. '====' 3. '=======' should be replaced by just '==' Note :- single character should be replaced. (=... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedRocks!!
13 Replies

8. Ubuntu

How to change "more" to "more or equal" in this line?

Hi, Below line selects only dates comes after than today. I need to change below line as "more or equal": awk -F\## -v d=$(date +%Y%m%d) '{if($NF>d)print}' /usr/batch/pill.txt > /usr/batch/pill_in_use.txt When we change the code, it will print today's date and following dates only. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
MYSQLI_STMT.BIND_RESULT(3)						 1						MYSQLI_STMT.BIND_RESULT(3)

mysqli_stmt::bind_result - Binds variables to a prepared statement for result storage

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
bool mysqli_stmt::bind_result (mixed &$var1, [mixed &$...]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style bool mysqli_stmt_bind_result (mysqli_stmt $stmt, mixed &$var1, [mixed &$...]) Binds columns in the result set to variables. When mysqli_stmt_fetch(3) is called to fetch data, the MySQL client/server protocol places the data for the bound columns into the speci- fied variables $var1, .... Note Note that all columns must be bound after mysqli_stmt_execute(3) and prior to calling mysqli_stmt_fetch(3). Depending on column types bound variables can silently change to the corresponding PHP type. A column can be bound or rebound at any time, even after a result set has been partially retrieved. The new binding takes effect the next time mysqli_stmt_fetch(3) is called. PARAMETERS
o $ stmt -Procedural style only: A statement identifier returned by mysqli_stmt_init(3). o $var1 - The variable to be bound. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Object oriented style <?php $mysqli = new mysqli("localhost", "my_user", "my_password", "world"); if (mysqli_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } /* prepare statement */ if ($stmt = $mysqli->prepare("SELECT Code, Name FROM Country ORDER BY Name LIMIT 5")) { $stmt->execute(); /* bind variables to prepared statement */ $stmt->bind_result($col1, $col2); /* fetch values */ while ($stmt->fetch()) { printf("%s %s ", $col1, $col2); } /* close statement */ $stmt->close(); } /* close connection */ $mysqli->close(); ?> Example #2 Procedural style <?php $link = mysqli_connect("localhost", "my_user", "my_password", "world"); /* check connection */ if (!$link) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } /* prepare statement */ if ($stmt = mysqli_prepare($link, "SELECT Code, Name FROM Country ORDER BY Name LIMIT 5")) { mysqli_stmt_execute($stmt); /* bind variables to prepared statement */ mysqli_stmt_bind_result($stmt, $col1, $col2); /* fetch values */ while (mysqli_stmt_fetch($stmt)) { printf("%s %s ", $col1, $col2); } /* close statement */ mysqli_stmt_close($stmt); } /* close connection */ mysqli_close($link); ?> The above examples will output: AFG Afghanistan ALB Albania DZA Algeria ASM American Samoa AND Andorra SEE ALSO
mysqli_stmt_get_result(3), mysqli_stmt_bind_param(3), mysqli_stmt_execute(3), mysqli_stmt_fetch(3), mysqli_prepare(3), mysqli_stmt_pre- pare(3), mysqli_stmt_init(3), mysqli_stmt_errno(3), mysqli_stmt_error(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQLI_STMT.BIND_RESULT(3)