Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how to identify running threads using commands Post 302241343 by ynilesh on Monday 29th of September 2008 06:32:53 AM
Old 09-29-2008
lsof command shows you current opened files and threads.

Code:
lsof

- nilesh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Number of threads running

Is there any command to find 1) the number of threads running 2) kernel boot mode in solaris box (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running two commands in one line

hi! how do i run 2 command from the same line e.g: 'which screen' and then ls -la 'which screen' (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdns
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return code for parallel running threads

Hi, How to use the return code, for parallel running threads. Ex- grep pattern1 file1 file2 file3 file4 & grep pattern1 file5 file6 file7 file8 & grep pattern1 file9 file10 file11 file12 & return_code=$? if (return_code -eq 0) then echo "pattern found" else echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitendriya.dash
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to identify logged users & commands executed

Hi All, I am trying to write a script to get the user information & the command executed. I tried something like this : w | sort | awk '{print$5$6$7}' My requirement is to identify the users who execute the same command at same time. I need the user name & the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayarajvp
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running sed commands

Hello I need to run some sed commands but it involves "/" in the substitute or delete, any ideas how I get round the problem. Example: cat file1.txt | sed -e '/</Header>/d' > file2.txt This errors due to the forward slash before the Header text. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dolph
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to determine the number of NFS threads RUNNING on the system

Hi, Anyone can tell me how to get the number of NFS threads RUNNING on the system for Solaris 10? Someone told me for Solaris 9, the method is "echo "*svc$<svcpool" | adb -k. But, I've tried to google the method for Solaris 10 and did not find the corresponding method, please help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wang.caiqi
1 Replies

7. AIX

How to list all threads in a running process

Hello, On Linux, I can use 'ps -efL | grep process_name' to list all threads that belong to a running process. -L has a different meaning on AIX and I could not find an equivalent flag in the man pages. Does anyone know of a way to dump the threads under a running process? Thanks,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: makodarear
2 Replies

8. AIX

How to Identify long running unix processes

Hi All, Need an urgent help, I have a requirement to find long running unix processes.. I have tried the below commands, but not succeed. I need to arrange the unix processess in an order of elapsed time (high to low) that runs in a system. For Eg: Consider we have 3 processes, Pid 1 pid 2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohamedirfan
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to check number of threads running per processor in Linux machine?

I have a machine which has 32 processor but i am really not sure how many threads are running. It has hyperthreading enabled. Is there a way i can find that all 32 processors are being used and how many threads are there in my linux box. Its a 64 bit processor. I am having very high load average... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moon1234
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Failed to identify flash rom on Sunfire V240 running Solaris 10

Hi Guys, I have performed OBP & ALOM upgrade on V240 system. One of my system, running Solaris 10, having issue to identify flash rom during ALOM 1.6.10 version upgrade (OBP upgraded to latest one). May I know what the reason of this error and how can I fix it so I can upgrade ALOM using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: myrpthidesis
0 Replies
PTHREAD_KILL_OTHER_THREADS_NP(3)			     Linux Programmer's Manual				  PTHREAD_KILL_OTHER_THREADS_NP(3)

NAME
pthread_kill_other_threads_np - terminate all other threads in process SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> void pthread_kill_other_threads_np(void); DESCRIPTION
pthread_kill_other_threads_np() only has an effect in the LinuxThreads threading implementation. On that implementation, calling this function causes the immediate termination of all threads in the application, except the calling thread. The cancellation state and cancel- lation type of the to-be-terminated threads are ignored, and the cleanup handlers are not called in those threads. CONFORMING TO
This function is a nonstandard GNU extension. NOTES
pthread_kill_other_threads_np() is intended to be called just before a thread calls execve(2) or a similar function. This function is designed to address a limitation in the obsolete LinuxThreads implementation whereby the other threads of an application are not automati- cally terminated (as POSIX.1-2001 requires) during execve(2). In the NPTL threading implementation, pthread_kill_other_threads_np() exists, but does nothing. (Nothing needs to be done, because the implementation does the right thing during an execve(2).) SEE ALSO
execve(2), pthread_setcancelstate(3), pthread_setcanceltype(3), pthread_cancel(3), pthreads(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2009-01-28 PTHREAD_KILL_OTHER_THREADS_NP(3)