Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to set DISPLAY to support X11 window server Post 302241173 by ikorolev on Sunday 28th of September 2008 04:05:34 PM
Old 09-28-2008
The better way - set DISPLAY automaticly :
add next strings in /etc/profile and relogin

DISPLAY="`who -m | cut -f2 -d'(' | cut -f1 -d')'`:0.0"
export DISPLAY

(source Unix pin ????? ????? ?????????? DISPLAY ????????? )

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with X11 Root Window

At school, on an HP-UX or B.11.11 U 9000/785 system, my X11 root window is always set to 8-bit color, but all the child windows are 24-bit. The problem with this, is any background/wallpaper looks extremely ugly with the 8-bit color. Is there any way to make X starts with 24-bit color root window?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ljfong
0 Replies

2. AIX

How to set AIX server for x-window?

Hi, I register the ip address into "XMD broadcast" in xconfig of xmanager, then use Xmanager to connect to AIX server, But I can not connect to it. How to set AIX server to let it can be connected? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixabc
2 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to set size of browser window in mwm?

Hi, When I launch firefox in mwm on VectorLinux 5.8, its window borders stretch just a bit beyond the screen size. My resolution is 800x600. How do I fix this issue so that it always stays within the screen when I launch it? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixusr
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Pop-up window using X11

Anyone know of a way to create a pop-up window using X11? I'm not to sure where to start. I just think it would be neat to do. So I was hoping someone out there had documentation on how to go about this, or if I was going to have to write/compile a program to do so. Thank you! Adelsin (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
8 Replies

5. Solaris

X11 Display

Hi all, How to setup X11 on Solaris? ~Vinodh' Kumar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X window/X11 basics

Hi all, Can anybody suggest a good resource to know about X/X-window/X11 etc in linux/unix. Introduction and useful commands. Its little confusing to me. thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to set xterm for Window Titls for PuTTy

Hi, I still cant find step by step manual how to make my putty display let say PWD in its title, read about some xterm, but where it is? Can anybody help me with this. Thx M (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trento17
4 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

X11 Display Problem with Mac OSX after creating new account

For preliminaries, I am on a Mac Pro running 10.5. I am trying to run a program that opens an X11 graphic and plots a mesh. The little program is called showme. It has worked just fine in the past. Up until I had to make a new user account on this machine for myself. Now every time I try to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bocephus85
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] putty+x11:How do I pass X11 display rights to "su"?

I can log into a unix system with Putty. I've set the "X11 forwarding" checkbox, and I've verified that I can display an X11 window back on my laptop. What I need to be able to do is "su" to another uid after logging in and then run something which display a window back on my laptop, with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Restacking x11/Xlib Window

I have a full screen top level window (application) on Solaris 10. We have a minimal window manager (DTWM), because of the critical nature of the app. On top of the first application, we have another application with a top level window, that covers the upper left area of the first application. Now,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JenniferKuiper
0 Replies
EXPORT(3PVM)															      EXPORT(3PVM)

NAME
pvm_export, pvm_unexport - Mark environment variables to export through spawn SYNOPSIS
C int cc = pvm_export( char *name ) int cc = pvm_unexport( char *name ) Fortran Not available PARAMETERS
name Name of an environment variable to add to or delete from export list. DESCRIPTION
The routines pvm_export and pvm_unexport are provided for convenience in editing environment variable PVM_EXPORT, while maintaining the colon-separated list syntax it requires. The variable can be modified by other means, and at the same time by the pvm_export functions. pvm_export checks to see if a name is already in PVM_EXPORT before including it, and exporting a name more than once is not considered an error. Likewise, pvm_unexport will not complain if you specify a name not in PVM_EXPORT. EXAMPLES
C: /* PVM_EXPORT=SHELL:HOME */ pvm_export("DISPLAY"); pvm_export("TERM"); pvm_unexport("HOME"); /* PVM_EXPORT=SHELL:DISPLAY:TERM */ ERRORS
No error conditions are currently returned by pvm_export and pvm_unexport. SEE ALSO
pvm(1PVM) pvm_spawn(3PVM) 15 May, 1996 EXPORT(3PVM)